BowWow

United States

#7533 Jan 16, 2013
Absurd. CRR is in good financial condition. No debt , we have a reserve fund and dues have been $52/mo for two years.
It would be wonderful to have a full fledged audit as it would show just how much of an asset David Durgin Has been.
Gross mismanagement? Hardly. You or your neigbor who don't pay your dues are the real problem.
Finally aggressive action is being taken against delinquent owners.
If you don't know how bad it was before David was here you don't have a clue how much better we are today for his leadership.
seriously

Washington, DC

#7534 Jan 17, 2013
I have been involved in this community for over 9 years, so just how bad was it before please tell/remind us all. Also after all this time they JUST started to aggressively collect dues and you would consider that good management. We pay 200.00 a year extra in our dues each year because dues weren't being collected aggressively. Let us see how well they are doing with collections when we see or dues go down to reflect their success.

The budget talks are starting this month, the schedule has been posted. If you have the time and you truly care about your community please attend and observe the process. There are dedicated volunteers that try to make it work with the resources they have, give them your support by being present at the meetings.......let them know you have their back

Since: Sep 12

Ellijay, GA

#7535 Jan 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
I have been involved in this community for over 9 years, so just how bad was it before please tell/remind us all. Also after all this time they JUST started to aggressively collect dues and you would consider that good management. We pay 200.00 a year extra in our dues each year because dues weren't being collected aggressively. Let us see how well they are doing with collections when we see or dues go down to reflect their success.
The budget talks are starting this month, the schedule has been posted. If you have the time and you truly care about your community please attend and observe the process. There are dedicated volunteers that try to make it work with the resources they have, give them your support by being present at the meetings.......let them know you have their back
I thought you moved out of Coosawattee, why are you still posting on this forum??
RVing2

Cumming, GA

#7536 Jan 17, 2013
Rick Young had to leave the Board due to health reasons?

Lets all pray that the Board is wise enough NOT to put Turdbull or Raymond on the Board.

Also who is on the Campground committee?????
BowWow

United States

#7537 Jan 17, 2013
Comin in Fast wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you moved out of Coosawattee, why are you still posting on this forum??
Some people just love stirring the pot. She is one.
Cannot get blood out of turnips.
People had to make choices they never thought they would have to. Letting go of a dream was not easy for many.
Now the economy is slowly trying to turn around.
Seriously will never let this go. The "r" word happened and she's still pouting.
Love CRRA

Cumming, GA

#7538 Jan 17, 2013
I live in Florida and enjoy having a place in CRRA.

The lot next to us is vacant. An appraiser told me that having a bigger lot should make our lot more valuable.

How do I find out who owns the lot next to me??

Ellijay, GA

#7539 Jan 17, 2013
That's very easy, just go to the Gilmer County website and find your lot. Then click on the lot next to yours and the info will come up.
seriously

Baltimore, MD

#7540 Jan 17, 2013
Coming in fast...to answer your question, I post here because Ican but if you have the time and want to be the topix hall monitor don't let me get in your way, have at it.

Bow wow, what is the r word and why would I have a reason to pout? As for stirring the pot...if I can just get one extra person to be more involved in CRR then I accomplished what I set out to do.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Anniston, AL

#7541 Jan 17, 2013
it is time for the budget folks. please attend the meeting on saturday. higher dues talk is going around and we certainly dont need that until the bod learns to cut the fat in other areas, fees dont need to be higher than they are right now.
Worthy News

Atlanta, GA

#7542 Jan 17, 2013
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
it is time for the budget folks. please attend the meeting on saturday. higher dues talk is going around and we certainly dont need that until the bod learns to cut the fat in other areas, fees dont need to be higher than they are right now.
Agree. Don't think they know what it means to cut the fat.
Worthy News

Atlanta, GA

#7543 Jan 17, 2013
Worthy News wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Don't think they know what it means to cut the fat.
"They" meaning management.

Ellijay, GA

#7544 Jan 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
Coming in fast...to answer your question, I post here because Ican but if you have the time and want to be the topix hall monitor don't let me get in your way, have at it.
Bow wow, what is the r word and why would I have a reason to pout? As for stirring the pot...if I can just get one extra person to be more involved in CRR then I accomplished what I set out to do.
Oh, Now I feel shame, I guess I should hand over the hall monitor baton to the next worthy person.
BowWow

United States

#7545 Jan 18, 2013
seriously wrote:
Go back and re-read your posts. "You all know how I feel about the r-word" your term for replatting.
It would be good for CRR if your push from the outside looking in would get those homeowners who are very happy in CRR involved so as to counter the ones who have for too long been too visible tearing the fabric of CRR apart. Then like you they don't get their way and leave.
Problem with you though is your inability to move on and allow us to move forward.
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#7546 Jan 18, 2013
BowWow wrote:
It would be good for CRR if your push from the outside looking in would get those homeowners who are very happy in CRR involved so as to counter the ones who have for too long been too visible tearing the fabric of CRR apart.
The social fabric was torn apart by the uncivilized thugs from the cities. This used to be a great place to live until the past few years.

seriously

Baltimore, MD

#7547 Jan 18, 2013
BowWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and re-read your posts. "You all know how I feel about the r-word" your term for replatting.
It would be good for CRR if your push from the outside looking in would get those homeowners who are very happy in CRR involved so as to counter the ones who have for too long been too visible tearing the fabric of CRR apart. Then like you they don't get their way and leave.
Problem with you though is your inability to move on and allow us to move forward.
Oh that r word. I was disappointed that it wasn't left up to a judge but i didn't sell because of that. I sold because we wanted to invest somewhere closer. Still have a spot in my heart for crr and I know it can be so much better. But you have to know the weaknesses before you can make improvements and that is what i would like to see for you and any future buyers. Getting mad at those who see where improvements can be made won't help get us to a better place.
tired ot the cry babies

Ellijay, GA

#7548 Jan 18, 2013
CRRA has a lot of good things but some people need to be negative about everything.

Wake up. appreciate what you have.
tired of the liars

Ellijay, GA

#7549 Jan 18, 2013
CRR management and board leadership are at it again!

Tomorrow's board meeting was cancelled by BOD President Susan Gardner because "we don't have a quorum". THAT IS A LIE!!!

Susan, BOD Treasurer Bill Smith and GM David Durgin are all attending some RV show. As of today there are 12 other board members who can attend the BOD meeting, far more than the required quorum of 9.

What in the world are the president, treasurer and general manager doing at an RV show when there is a board meeting and when the river was near flood stage? How much did this little, ill-timed junket cost CRR?

So the CRR beat goes on with incompetent and uncaring management. Susan is full of beans but then again, look at the company she has been keeping of late. If just 10 board members see fit to do the necessary thing, she needs to be removed as board president.

We, the owners of CRR have been lied to again.
Rick Turnbull Alpharetta

Roswell, GA

#7550 Jan 18, 2013
Your insults only make you look riciculous. We rarely look at this silly blog because it is always the same people squaking and doing nothing to better themselves or this community. I openly identify myself on the rare occasion that I post something. We are very busy and relieved to have removed ourselves from this crap. Our world is quite good. I can proudly say that I accomplished more for EMC than had occurred in years prior to my tenure and Raymond who you refer to will receive his bonus next month that is likely larger than many of you earn in a year. So, the "cuban american" some of you refer to cannot be to dumb to be an executive with one of the world's largest software companies.

Contribute something that has moral and ethical value or keep quiet. There are a lot of comments about David here. David is a nice guy who has done a lot to stabilize CRRA. However, he does not have vision or goals which is necessary for the community to prosper. Everything runs its course eventually which is the situation with David. Change is needed in order to move ahead.
RVing2 wrote:
Rick Young had to leave the Board due to health reasons?
Lets all pray that the Board is wise enough NOT to put Turdbull or Raymond on the Board.
Also who is on the Campground committee?????
Rick Turnbull Alpharetta

Roswell, GA

#7551 Jan 18, 2013
As I said in an earlier post, I tune into this site every few months now and nothing changes. Originally when I and Raymond were being attacked, I retaliated becasue of the natural need to defend. However, I came to realize that anytime you put yourself out there you are subject to criticism, usually by those with only partial information or those "do nothings" who like to hide behind a keystroke. The comments I read remind me that progress is limited in Ellijay and the people making the comments live in their own little world. Their have been very nasty comments made that cause us to pity the author. So we will remain in our little first street world where ages range from thirties to almost 90; the people are warm and genuine. I suppose that is why it has been referred to as "magical first street>" I will check back any another few months!
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#7552 Jan 19, 2013
dang i thought rick had moved out altogether. oh well another wishful thinking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here goes the BOE again interim sup to be named... 17 hr Justsayin 38
Where is my Apr 14 post. 23 hr Ellijay Native 4
Property line dispute With Tony Arubucii Sun Creepy Crap 8
News Police: Burger King worker sold meth at drive-thru Sun Mega Monster 3
Water Park (Mar '14) Sat rock and roll 101 12
Whitepath Golf Course Apr 17 Creepy Crap 2
Disbanding the Gilmer County Fire Marshals unit Apr 17 Smartazz 19
More from around the web

Dawsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE