rude walmart employees
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sweetP

Ellijay, GA

#1 Feb 15, 2013
i get bad vibes from majority of the the people there. they hate their jobs. i am nothing but nice to them( i work in customer service too).i go to school during the day and work at night.only shop there about once a week and last time i had to stop after work at about midnight. i did'nt have that many items. maybe about 10-they weren't big items. there was an older lady working and one line open.she had her light on and had just finished checking someone out.when i stepped in line, she was ugly towards me.she pretty much told me she didnt want to be bothered with checking me out and that self check out was now open.now they have all the self check out lanes open late at night. i wanted to split my total and pay half cash ,half debit. i wasn't sure if i could do that at self but tried anyways. low and behold i get over there and register locks up because you cant split transaction payments on the self check outs. don't know why the lady in line couldn't just check me out. just biting the hand that feeds you. i will not go back there.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#3 Feb 16, 2013
I will not trash the employees, but when you are getting paid minimum wage, what kind of service should you provide? For what I see, Walmart gets what it pays for? The new corral area for the self check out is a bad idea in my opinion. If you want excellent workers, pay a respectable wage, and treat your employees with a little respect. If these two requirements are met, and you still have less than competent workers then fire them.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#5 Feb 16, 2013
LOL, White Raven? Do you feel the little humming bird following your trail?(joking)

I have boycotted WalMart for years now. I refuse to shop there. They make it a policy not to buy American.

In addition, another policy of theirs is to put life insurance policies on the employees that have health issues and make themselves the beneficiary.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#6 Feb 16, 2013
Curious wrote:
I will not trash the employees, but when you are getting paid minimum wage, what kind of service should you provide? For what I see, Walmart gets what it pays for? The new corral area for the self check out is a bad idea in my opinion. If you want excellent workers, pay a respectable wage, and treat your employees with a little respect. If these two requirements are met, and you still have less than competent workers then fire them.
A person should always do the best they can at a job. It is called Integrity.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Curious wrote:
Also, I do not use self check-out in ANY store unless they are willing to give me a discount to make up for the wages they save from not having an actual person there to check out my products and bag them. That service is built into the costs of the products.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Nalla wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the best 7.25/hr can buy.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Get the best 7.25/hr can buy.
If it is the only thing available, you take what you can. Doesnt mean you shouldnt have self respect to show integrity.
saavy shopper

Ellijay, GA

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Nalla wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I do not use self check-out in ANY store unless they are willing to give me a discount to make up for the wages they save from not having an actual person there to check out my products and bag them. That service is built into the costs of the products.
I prefer the self-checkout.
No germs, no mistakes, no attitude.

Except for Ingles, which has decided to program their machines in "insufferable, whining beatch" mode.
Good Grief

Ellijay, GA

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Curious wrote:
Good Lord. I started on minimum wage at the age of 16 at a KFC (that is a Kentucky Fried Chicken for the Gilmer Grads) for $1.25 per hour while attending high school (1968).

I'll not bore you with the details, however, I worked my you know what off, provided the best service I could by giving 110% at any job; part time in high school, the Marines or private industry later.

Suffered through the court system with an ex-wife that was lazy, never wanted to work and took me back to court every two years using child support enforcement to get more money. But I survived, never broke the law, have never been in jail and have never collected any money from the government, yet.

I will start collecting Social Security next year. Something I have paid into since I was 16 years old and was promised would be available at this time. I own my home. Have savings and 401K's.

I do not care to here your BS excuses why you should not bust your rear end just as I did in order to get ahead without government subsidies.

Attitude is everything and unless you are willing to go above and beyond minimum wage is your destiny.

Good Grief

Ellijay, GA

#13 Feb 16, 2013
Typo. Should have been $1.15 per hour.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#15 Feb 17, 2013
All 7.25/hour does is prolong the agony. If you are in danger of losing your house, the best minimum wage will accomplish is the move it down the road a few months. With the ever soaring gas prices you would be lucky to break even if you had to drive very far to work. 7.25 x 32 hours = 232 before taxes. After taxes you would bring roughly 162.40 home. Now let's us see how far that will go to meet the monthly bills. House payment 400.00, utilities 175, Gas 150.00, and food 150.00. That is not counting home owners insurance, property tax, health Insurance and so on. So know minimum wage doesn't cause me to jump for joy. It is just a very depressing time for a lot of people. Minimum wage jobs are at best a supplement to a family income where a spouse has a full time job. These are not living wages.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#16 Feb 17, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Walmart takes the party line about anything they can, and they're liberal democrats all the way. There are many examples of this, and to please those they want to stay close to we see, for example, they are now always 'sold out' of ammunition, and they were one of the first to stop selling assault rifles. The stopped selling the rifles voluntarily long before any new laws were passed.
Of course their liberal bias runs deep, and without getting too specific I could guess that a local employee could be known to visit 'pickle park' on a regular basis, and there would be no problem about this with the management.
Also because its non-union and always has been, and probably always will be, many times the men do the heavy lifting with the stocking and unloading the trucks and whe women do the light work. By this there is discrimination; it's just a different kind of discrimination.
If a vote a vote to bring in a union ever passes at a store they will usually close the store before they would actually let the union come in. There are good examples of Walmart doing this. They are hard core union busters and will stop at nothing to keep paying their associates peanuts.
The previous poster's story is fine as far as it goes, but he might do well to not change his handle every other time that he posts. And bottom line he seemed to be saying 'just suck it up like I did', but the dollar's value is so small now that most working for minimum wage today are the working poor. Based on the 1968 dollar, working for $7.25/hr. is like working for 75 cents an hour in 1968 dollars. When you look at what a gallon of gas cost in 1968 you can see how the comparison works out, and maybe making $0.75/hour in 1968 was a better deal than working for $7.25/hour today.
Pickle park stories should be amusing, but don't go too far with the details about it with the 'G' rated audience here.
Pickle Park comment.... you must have been a former employee of our local Walmart.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
All 7.25/hour does is prolong the agony. If you are in danger of losing your house, the best minimum wage will accomplish is the move it down the road a few months. With the ever soaring gas prices you would be lucky to break even if you had to drive very far to work. 7.25 x 32 hours = 232 before taxes. After taxes you would bring roughly 162.40 home. Now let's us see how far that will go to meet the monthly bills. House payment 400.00, utilities 175, Gas 150.00, and food 150.00. That is not counting home owners insurance, property tax, health Insurance and so on. So know minimum wage doesn't cause me to jump for joy. It is just a very depressing time for a lot of people. Minimum wage jobs are at best a supplement to a family income where a spouse has a full time job. These are not living wages.
"Curious", what you say is true about the value of the dollar. I was not agreeing to the wages in the least, but the attitude of the poster for thinking the low wage an excuse for a poor attitude to customers.

Unfortunately, Walmart didnt set the minimum wage, they merely take advantage of a system in place as most other corporations do to make their share holders happy. The bottom line for these mega-money corporations is the mighty $$$$$. They do not even consider the human factor in their equations. They could care less.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#18 Feb 17, 2013
There will always be minimum wage jobs. However, if this country doesn't come up with some middle of the road jobs(25,000-30,000) it will never survive. You can't just have 100,000 dollar a year jobs and 15,000 minimum wage jobs, it will not work. There has to be something for people to strive for. Realistically most of your minimum wage earners are never go to be at the high end of the scale, but they can make to the middle. Anyway just my two cents.
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#19 Feb 17, 2013
The worse that employees become, the greater the incentive to replace them. Bad attitudes, bad work ethics, high overheads and high salaries create the incentive to move factories offshore, and to automate processes here. Each time the government raises the minimum wage, more companies automate jobs.

Self-checkout scanners work 24*7, don't get sick, are always on time, don't complain, don't get holidays, vacation time, or medical benefits.

Walmart is now testing iPhone checkout apps to scan products. Customers scan and bag their own purchases. Soon Walmart won't even have the cost of the scanning machines. Just a bench and a rack to hold the plastic bags.
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#21 Feb 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="Curious"
However, if this country doesn't come up with some middle of the road jobs(25,000-30,000) it will never survive. You can't just have 100,000 dollar a year jobs and 15,000 minimum wage jobs, it will not work. There has to be something for people to strive for.
[/QUOTE]

That's the way it has ALWAYS worked.

The King and his serfs.
The Pharaoh and his slaves.
The Emperor and his peasants.

The "middle-class" is a recent and very temporary phenomenon.

The peasants, slaves and serfs DO have something to strive for.
It's called "tomorrow".
Spring is Coming

Ellijay, GA

#24 Feb 17, 2013
Nalla wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is attitude. Regardless of what you do, volunteer, work for minimum wage or a higher paying salary, your attitude is directly related to your character. Most people just want to get by- they have no vision, dreams or even think about the future.

Working at Walmart offers workers the incredible opportunity to be exposed to shoppers who are business owners and others who have influence in their jobs to hire. If people who work in retail have a winning attitude no matter how little they get paid, eventually they will get recruited by some of these influential people.

People without vision will stagnate in their job no matter what it is. They will be passed over for raises and promotions and will eventually quit.
Disgusted

Ellijay, GA

#25 Feb 17, 2013
Okay first and foremost learn before you speak ! The minimum wage is Georgia is $5.15 an hour and Wallmart does not pay anyone minimum wage in Georgia! If you are making Federal Min wage of $7.25 an hour at Walmart you are one of 2 things, first job and still in the first 6 months of employment or a sorry worker about to be fired.

Believe it or not there are employees at your local Walmart that have worked hard many many years invested all the offerings of the Company and will retire as Millionaires , I am married to one and they did not start out at 10.00 an hour you fools as a matter fact starting wage was $3.35 an hour ($5.06 in today's dollar)!

You all want to start at the top and make million s with out putting in the work and time. Suck it up and grow up!

As for store attitude that comes from the top, store recently had change in Manager and new Manager thinks we are just a bunch of hicks from the Mountains cause he is from the big city of Metro market Atlanta!

Unfortunately he is making many of the employees hate the jobs due to his condescending attitude and it is being pushed back at the customers. The customers should stand up for the employees (as they live here an contribute here, unlike Mgr.) contact Walmart either online or at 1-800-WAL- MART and let them know, employees could but coming from customer really does mean something to Bentonville.
Forest

Ellijay, GA

#26 Feb 17, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Okay first and foremost learn before you speak ! The minimum wage is Georgia is $5.15 an hour and Wallmart does not pay anyone minimum wage in Georgia! If you are making Federal Min wage of $7.25 an hour at Walmart you are one of 2 things, first job and still in the first 6 months of employment or a sorry worker about to be fired.

Believe it or not there are employees at your local Walmart that have worked hard many many years invested all the offerings of the Company and will retire as Millionaires , I am married to one and they did not start out at 10.00 an hour you fools as a matter fact starting wage was $3.35 an hour ($5.06 in today's dollar)!

You all want to start at the top and make million s with out putting in the work and time. Suck it up and grow up!

As for store attitude that comes from the top, store recently had change in Manager and new Manager thinks we are just a bunch of hicks from the Mountains cause he is from the big city of Metro market Atlanta!

Unfortunately he is making many of the employees hate the jobs due to his condescending attitude and it is being pushed back at the customers. The customers should stand up for the employees (as they live here an contribute here, unlike Mgr.) contact Walmart either online or at 1-800-WAL- MART and let them know, employees could but coming from customer really does mean something to Bentonville.
Not sure what you are smoking, but the minimum wage in Georgia is not $5.15, it's $7.25.

http://www.minimumwage.com/in-your-state/geor...
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#27 Feb 17, 2013
I don't know if this wouldn't be a better plan, take the minimum pay job, get on food stamps, and get free Obamacare. Sounds pretty good if you think about it. I know a lot of people that are doing just fine with this set up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gilmer High Bobcat Football 2 hr BLN82 56
Who is Alton Rainey? (Dec '12) 13 hr Snow 3
Ellijay Primary School 16 hr ashamed bobcat 10
Don Murray Busted Again (Sep '13) 20 hr Gilmersucks 27
Capital Meats Truck-Buyer Beware (May '09) Thu Gilmersucks 426
Keeping Bears Out of Trash Cans (Mar '13) Thu KCA 37
Mark Miller Incarcerated Wed Karma Train 37

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance