Black kayak lost on Cartecay River 1/...

Black kayak lost on Cartecay River 1/18/13

Posted in the Dawsonville Forum

Since: Oct 10

Ellijay, GA

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Took this video (with my cell phone) of four guys from Jones Co., GA kayaking the Cartecay River during the recent flood... One of them lost his $1100 kayak and $400 paddle. We tried but didn't have time to get down from the bridge and to the water in time to see if we could help corral it. Also, we didn't get their names, so wouldn't know who to contact if it is found, but here ya go:

&li st=UU9emoBsxdZl1aBHBQ8Jp7_g &index=1

Since: Oct 10

Ellijay, GA

#2 Jan 19, 2013
I do have a photograph of one of the kayakers that did make it down, so if their kayak is found, someone from a kayaking club might recognize him and know who to contact about it.

Guess it's like most things that people lose... if it's found by nice, decent folks, they'll try to find the owners, if not, guess that poor guy is out $1500 in kayaking equipment.:(
Local Patron

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jan 19, 2013
New2Town2 wrote:
I do have a photograph of one of the kayakers that did make it down, so if their kayak is found, someone from a kayaking club might recognize him and know who to contact about it.
Guess it's like most things that people lose... if it's found by nice, decent folks, they'll try to find the owners, if not, guess that poor guy is out $1500 in kayaking equipment.:(
Seems to me that anyone kayaking after a flood when there would be untold debris and very swift water and lots of submerged rocks that are normally visible should have his kayak taken away, so maybe God just intervened to save him from himself.
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#4 Jan 19, 2013
New2Town2 wrote:
Took this video (with my cell phone) of four guys from Jones Co., GA kayaking the Cartecay River during the recent flood... One of them lost his $1100 kayak and $400 paddle.
Didn't they make a movie about this?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Optimist wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they make a movie about this?
Poor Ned Beatty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GHS Football debacle 20 hr ashamed bobcat 36
What the Heck? Fri Embarrassed 13
Ellijay Hospital closes....what happens now? Jun 20 Inspector Clouseau 6
wtb a campground lot in coosawattee river resort (Jun '15) Jun 16 Two Times Too 95
Whitepath Golf Course (Mar '13) Jun 16 Wild Turkey on th... 54
News Charges pending against students in post-prom rape (May '14) Jun 15 patience 119
NATE NEWTON is tanning again (Jul '12) Jun 15 no answers 60
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages