Coosawattee River Resort
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
missnga21

Carmel, IN

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Hello,
We vacationed in the resort last spring and loved it. We are considering purchasing our own home in the resort. Are there any comments good our bad about the resort? We are looking for a fixer or repo home to fix up. Are the values going up? We are looking for something long term for our family to gather for vacations and eventually retirement. How are the fees? Is there any fish in the river? How is security? Any other advice would be welcome.

Thanks J and k
[email protected]
All ya Need

Ellijay, GA

#2 Apr 26, 2013
Linda Sue Granata

Ellijay, GA

#3 May 2, 2013
Hi J & K, my husband and I have owned property in Coosawattee River Resort since 2005. We too fell in love with the area. Last year we bought our forever home in CRR. I had 47 years in Naples, Florida, but wanted the mountains and to be closer to our children & grandchildren. The annual fee of $658.00 is very reasonable for all the amenities the resort has to offer. My husband is retired and I am still working selling real estate. I love selling in Coosawattee. May I invite you to visit my website, http://GeorgiaMountainHomesProperty.com , to read about Coosawattee and to meet me. If you are not currently working with an Agent, please consider my services. Professionally, Linda Sue

missnga21 wrote:
Hello,
We vacationed in the resort last spring and loved it. We are considering purchasing our own home in the resort. Are there any comments good our bad about the resort? We are looking for a fixer or repo home to fix up. Are the values going up? We are looking for something long term for our family to gather for vacations and eventually retirement. How are the fees? Is there any fish in the river? How is security? Any other advice would be welcome.
Thanks J and k
[email protected]
Howard

Ellijay, GA

#4 May 3, 2013
Linda Sue Granata wrote:
Hi J & K, my husband and I have owned property in Coosawattee River Resort since 2005. We too fell in love with the area. Last year we bought our forever home in CRR. I had 47 years in Naples, Florida, but wanted the mountains and to be closer to our children & grandchildren. The annual fee of $658.00 is very reasonable for all the amenities the resort has to offer. My husband is retired and I am still working selling real estate. I love selling in Coosawattee. May I invite you to visit my website, http://GeorgiaMountainHomesProperty.com , to read about Coosawattee and to meet me. If you are not currently working with an Agent, please consider my services. Professionally, Linda Sue
<quoted text>
I heard that you were a candidate for the board of directors elections in CRR this year. Is that true?
Chris

Palatka, FL

#5 May 11, 2013
I love my cabin in Coosawattee. It is beautiful year round. You will not regret it.
scott george

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 1, 2013
Been in CRR for 2 years. We love it too!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#7 Aug 9, 2013
So I do not understand why the CRR board members are paying GCSO cops to work in here on their off time.First of all we pay a tax for that service,why pay double,they are still required to come when you call.Their headquaters is a stones throw from Legion road gate.I really doubt that crime would skyrocket if they were not sitting in their cars in one place inthe camper section for hours upon end.That is right that is all they do,just sit in one place.Like I said why bleed the extra $ for a job they are required to do anyway,really.I would estimate CRR could save at least $50,000-$60,000 a year.What kind of shady operation is this?Paying for a service twice makes no sense.If the home owners in CRR are serious about taking a stand,then stand up on Saturday at the meeting and demand that this waste of your money be stopped now and remove this waste.Like I said they have to come anyway so why pay twice for nothing.Good luck and God bless
Have a Great Day

Ellijay, GA

#8 Aug 9, 2013
skyhawk1965 wrote:
So I do not understand why the CRR board members are paying GCSO cops to work in here on their off time.First of all we pay a tax for that service,why pay double,they are still required to come when you call.Their headquaters is a stones throw from Legion road gate.I really doubt that crime would skyrocket if they were not sitting in their cars in one place inthe camper section for hours upon end.That is right that is all they do,just sit in one place.Like I said why bleed the extra $ for a job they are required to do anyway,really.I would estimate CRR could save at least $50,000-$60,000 a year.What kind of shady operation is this?Paying for a service twice makes no sense.If the home owners in CRR are serious about taking a stand,then stand up on Saturday at the meeting and demand that this waste of your money be stopped now and remove this waste.Like I said they have to come anyway so why pay twice for nothing.Good luck and God bless
The Sheriff's Office is in no way required to patrol in CRR due to the fact that it's a gated community and has private roads. They DO respond to calls in here and they recently were working on a drug bust in the campground, so I'm sure they were keeping individuals under surveillance.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 9, 2013
It does not matter why they were here,the fact is that they can come in CRR anytime they want,get paid on their off time.You know what,I bet that the homeowners in CRR do not even know that these citizens on patrol are even getting paid to sit around,do nothing and sleep in their vehicles.Thats right worthless.So if people out there still want to pay for nothing please go right ahead.I say wake up get a clue and put an end to this.I want to see the contract that CRR has with GSCO,I do not know of any other resorts in the area who follow this practice.Really people pay twice for nothing?Why are they still on the payroll for CRR.Their dirty lil secret is going to come out.No more good ol boys clubs in 2013.WAKE U P,people the time is here and nowStop wasting your money for services that the county already provides for free.You are being brainwashed,they come here anyway for free that is what taxes are for.God Bless

Ellijay, GA

#10 Aug 9, 2013
Just want to comment about the cost of our yearly dues . We keep seeing an increase, and hear the rumors of complains of how ccrr needs a budget cut, but yet, I too agree and see a wasted amount being paid out for the Sheriffs to be paid to come in here. What a waste. What are we paying Securty Patrole for. The blogger that said it's a waste and Sheriffs do nothing , I agree. When you realy calculate the cost its not double but triple, because we are paying our own security patrole too. OUR SECURITY PATROLE DO A BETTER JOB THEN THESE LAZY SLEEPING ON THE JOB SHERIFFS DO. I have seen the Sheriff many times backed up with their squad, in the same spot late at nite and you can tell they are sleeping. They are not driving around in here, to cover the majority of the area , just hiding out not to be seen and sleeping on the job.Boy what a nice job they have and then the amount they are getting paid and our poor security patrole guys aren't getting anywhere near to what they are being paid. Come on ccrr lets get them out of here, We don't need them or the exspense ..Lets pay our guys more and it would be much less to cut the Sheriffs out of the budget..We have a secure ,patroled, gated community. HOW MUCH SAFER CAN THAT BE.. LETS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. GET THEM OUT, OUT, OUT of here...
jzgolf

Jasper, GA

#11 Aug 10, 2013
And on a brighter note when they work in there they get $15 per hr!!!!
Have a Great Day

Ellijay, GA

#12 Aug 10, 2013
jzgolf wrote:
And on a brighter note when they work in there they get $15 per hr!!!!
Didn't know the rate/hr or how many hours they work. They also get their vehicle filled with gas at our expense. I did know that. If you see one sitting in the car sleeping, etc., report them. I'm like you, if they make that much/hour, I'd rather see our patrol on the job.
rockey

Ellijay, GA

#13 Aug 12, 2013
Have a Great Day wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sheriff's Office is in no way required to patrol in CRR due to the fact that it's a gated community and has private roads. They DO respond to calls in here and they recently were working on a drug bust in the campground, so I'm sure they were keeping individuals under surveillance.
I do not think your correct about your informtion because ccrr does not have a drug problem in there. I also think what your saying could give ccrr a bad reputation and make people not want to buy or live in there. If those sheriff are not assigned to work in there how could they be working on a drug bust? It is just not true...
McGruff

Ellijay, GA

#14 Aug 12, 2013
rockey wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think your correct about your informtion because ccrr does not have a drug problem in there. I also think what your saying could give ccrr a bad reputation and make people not want to buy or live in there. If those sheriff are not assigned to work in there how could they be working on a drug bust? It is just not true...
You are the one who is not correct. We DEFINITELY have a drug problem in CRR. It's called meth and it's mostly in EMC. This has been known for years and is widely known outside the gates. Yes there have been some recent busts and that's a great start but dealers and worse, cookers are still present. The job is not yet done so denying it pointless and nothing more than the usual deceptive hype owners have become accustom to. Hopefully the new BOD will remember the way to fix problems them is to actually solve them, not just sweep them under the rug. That would constitute a major improvement in the way CRRA operates and communicates with the owners. Sorry but CRR still has a drug problem. Sad but true and we as a community must admit it and MUST deal with it. Denial is for losers and junkies.
Glinda

Ocala, FL

#15 Aug 14, 2013
Don't quit quitting!
Jack and Lillie

Ellijay, GA

#16 Aug 14, 2013
missnga21 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks J and k
[email protected]
We just bought last December and love it. Yes increased prices. They offer a lot for the money
Many amenities although we don't use much of them. Where r u moving from?
watchpost2

Ellijay, GA

#17 Aug 23, 2013
Glinda wrote:
Don't quit quitting!
Oh I hope you were not reffering to me , for I'm not a Loser nor a Junkie. Further more never did drugs or drank. In my life. You seem very negative about life. People who realy know the real trueth about CCRR dobwant to defend its reputation and not promote bad things to bring it down. You most likely do not live in CCRR otherwise you would not choose to ruin its reputation.
watchpost2

Ellijay, GA

#18 Aug 23, 2013
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who is not correct. We DEFINITELY have a drug problem in CRR. It's called meth and it's mostly in EMC. This has been known for years and is widely known outside the gates. Yes there have been some recent busts and that's a great start but dealers and worse, cookers are still present. The job is not yet done so denying it pointless and nothing more than the usual deceptive hype owners have become accustom to. Hopefully the new BOD will remember the way to fix problems them is to actually solve them, not just sweep them under the rug. That would constitute a major improvement in the way CRRA operates and communicates with the owners. Sorry but CRR still has a drug problem. Sad but true and we as a community must admit it and MUST deal with it. Denial is for losers and junkies.
Oh please go spread your negative rumors in another community . Ccrr does not need the bad rap and people who call people Losers are normally one themselves and also have nothing but negative things to say. What proceeds out of a Mans mouth is whats truely in a Mans heart...
Zoom

Woodstock, GA

#19 Aug 24, 2013
I'm looking at buying a lot in the campground. I have kids and looking for a weekend get-a-way! I'm hoping this place can come together as a community and make this place safe & fun for everyone. It seems that if people wanted to have drugs around or worse make them they would rather be in the boonies far away from other people and kids. The annual dues are very reasonable for the wonderful things CCRR has to offer.
dems de fax

Ellijay, GA

#20 Aug 25, 2013
Zoom wrote:
It seems that if people wanted to have drugs around or worse make them they would rather be in the boonies far away from other people and kids.
Negatory.
Druggies like to hang with other druggies.
Addicts make sure they are near their suppliers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Irma Prep In Gilmer 19 hr Go Gilmer 8
Kelly Shay McCloud (May '08) Tue Rodney 3
Pretty sweet Tue Cuff 3
Bobcats Sep 18 Gilmersucks 23
body found on fort mountain why no more been told (Sep '10) Sep 15 Mr Poo Poo 8
7th grade basketball (Dec '15) Sep 10 Gilmersucks 14
Sex offender associating with child abuse program (Jul '15) Sep 10 Gilmersucks 34

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages