Hilton to Plead Guilty in Hiker's Death

Hilton to Plead Guilty in Hiker's Death

There are 64 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jan 31, 2008, titled Hilton to Plead Guilty in Hiker's Death. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Sources tell 11Alive's Kevin Rowson that Hilton, who made a deal with prosecutors to avoid the death penalty by leading them to Emerson's body, will make a plea in order to avoid trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Will

Phenix City, AL

#1 Jan 31, 2008
Slimey b*stard!
BRENT

Tucker, GA

#2 Jan 31, 2008
FRY HIM!!
Eye for an eye

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 31, 2008
Scum...scum...scum.....I don't have one nice thing to say about this piece of human garbage. His day will come....He will meet his maker....And I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Just hope he's prepared for an extended vacation in H-E-double hockey sticks. That is exactly where he belongs.
Eye for an eye

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jan 31, 2008
BRENT wrote:
FRY HIM!!
I don't think we could be that lucky!
Ratso Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 31, 2008
Now if Brian Nichols could do that same thing...
Eye for an eye

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jan 31, 2008
Ratso Rizzo wrote:
Once again, I wish we could be that lucky. There is another FINE example of HUMAN GARBAGE!!!!!!!! We ALL know he did it. Seriously, is there even ONE person out there who doesn't think that he did it?
Sandra-2cents

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2008
Ratso Rizzo wrote:
Amen.
His 15 minutes of fame, has lasted about 3 years.
Instead of hearing about him, I would like to know how the families and the friends of the victims are recovering/handling all of this soap opera. They are still in my prayers.
Real Man

Marietta, GA

#9 Jan 31, 2008
It is not right that we allow such a disgrace to the human race even the consideration of a trial, nor should we allow him to plea! Our system is based on the idea that people are judged by their peers. In this context, he has no peers! He deserves far worse than what my friend suffered through! He is not a rehab case, he is not worthy of our taxes, he is not a man!
Ace

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jan 31, 2008
monochromatic wrote:
Why has the public not been informed of the rape kit results for Meredith Emerson? It has also not been made public that her hands were beaten to a pulp by Hilton, he was supposedly removing fingerprints. Does Hilton have kids, parents, siblings, etc. What was his childhood like? I am surprised that a crime reporter has not gotten theirself arrested on purpose in Dawson County, to try to get put in jail so the reporter could find out more about Hilton.
As one of the investigators said, Hilton probably didn't just start with Meredith Emerson, but is most likely a serial killer with a long past. In cases such as these, it is prudent to release as little public information as possible. This is done so that other jurisdictions can come forward with untainted evidence on any of their unsolved cases and an unbiased investigation performed to determine if there are enough similarities to connect. If all the information that is known about Hilton were to be made public; every unsolved killing for the last twenty years would be attributed to him just to clear the books and it would potentially prejudice future grand juries who may be called into session to determine his involvement in other killings.
M Russo

New York, NY

#11 Jan 31, 2008
monochromatic wrote:
Why has the public not been informed of the rape kit results for Meredith Emerson? It has also not been made public that her hands were beaten to a pulp by Hilton, he was supposedly removing fingerprints. Does Hilton have kids, parents, siblings, etc. What was his childhood like? I am surprised that a crime reporter has not gotten theirself arrested on purpose in Dawson County, to try to get put in jail so the reporter could find out more about Hilton.
Maybe because they would like to spare the family from knowing - it's bad enough that they have to deal with the loss of their daughter, sister, etc... Do they really need to know exactly what was done to her? Sounds to me like you're just a sick, nosey individual who gets off on the gorey details...
lorie

Decatur, GA

#12 Jan 31, 2008
monochromatic wrote:
You know, if it were my daughter I don't think I'd want every slimey detail announced to the public and have to relive her horrors in the news on a daily basis. Some things just aren't needed to explain the crime to the public. I hope her family can find closure in this nightmare. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Meredith.
asjr2433

Roswell, GA

#14 Jan 31, 2008
Thank you! I completely agree
Trucker

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Jan 31, 2008
There are a lot of points that have been made about this case, and maybe my question is completely off the point but: my question is WHY?
OK, he is a serial killer, I guess the thing that bothers me most is I can't understand what motivates a person to harm someone they don't even know. I couldn't harm an animal much less a fellow human. I can understand self defence but based on the information I have read, "she" was the one in the self defence mode.
What

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 Jan 31, 2008
Real Man wrote:
It is not right that we allow such a disgrace to the human race even the consideration of a trial, nor should we allow him to plea! Our system is based on the idea that people are judged by their peers. In this context, he has no peers! He deserves far worse than what my friend suffered through! He is not a rehab case, he is not worthy of our taxes, he is not a man!
You are one scary person.
government writer

Marietta, GA

#20 Jan 31, 2008
monochromatic wrote:
I am surprised that a crime reporter has not gotten theirself arrested on purpose in Dawson County, to try to get put in jail so the reporter could find out more about Hilton.
I used to be a crime reporter and I can assure you NO STORY is worth getting a record over (most of us have families and we really don't want to go to jail, serve time, and lose our jobs over a story). AND, the jail staff is a bit smarter than that anyway. With this being a high profile case, he's probably isolated from the regular population.

Nor will a responsible crime reporter run such details WITHOUT proof. The complete autopsy probably won't be public information until after the trial, nor is the coroner likely to say much more than what is on the death certificate.
LAURYN

Dalton, GA

#21 Jan 31, 2008
He'll get his--in prison---Jeffrey Dahmer style--wait and see.
ng_speaking

Boynton Beach, FL

#22 Jan 31, 2008
monochromatic wrote:
I don't think I want to hear the details of this terrible crime. Thank you.
markg

Raleigh, NC

#23 Jan 31, 2008
LAURYN wrote:
He'll get his--in prison---Jeffrey Dahmer style--wait and see.
Everyday of this man's life from this day forward should be a terror. Reidsville GA is just such a place. He will live in fear for the rest of his days. Execution is too good. I want him to suffer some before they rip him apart.
Tom

Atlanta, GA

#24 Jan 31, 2008
Very little good can ever come from such a tragedy. Perhaps more vigilance by all trail users is something we take from this. Hopefully, some loving soul has adopted Merideth's dog and will resotre that creature's faith in humanity. Please take good care of Ella, and take her hiking often.
why

United States

#26 Jan 31, 2008
how is it, he can kill and say if you give me life in prison i will tell you where her body is etc.
how can our law enforcement say yes to life in prison
he killed this girl for god's sake
i dont think deals should be made, i think the justice system is wrong,if they kill someone they should suffer the same way,if they shoot someone then shoot them, if they beat someone to death then beat them to death, DON'T MAKE DEALS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities: 19-year-old jogger raped near Dahl... 1 hr Lumpkin 5
Dirty Purdy 17 hr Gilmersucks 8
Gilmer BOE budget... 18 hr Gilmersucks 44
Ellijay East Apartments Thu CuriousLady 3
Infant beat by his father. Dawsonville accepts ... Mar '17 Family covers it up 2
Elena Stuart dating married Marine Seth Yates (Nov '16) Jan '17 Not elena 4
Journalist files suit against Burts pumpkin farm (Aug '16) Aug '16 Iceman cometh 1

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages