First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 31, 2013
concerned american

Ellijay, GA

#2 Feb 1, 2013
turniptown wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/si deshow/applebees-waitress-fire d-pastor-receipt-193820748.htm l
waitress got a raw deal, cheap bible thumper
Doc

Ellijay, GA

#3 Feb 1, 2013
I have a real problem with automatic tips, even when the party is large.

I also have real problems with people like this "pastor" who use any excuse available to avoid tipping at all, and with places like Applebee's, whose management will fire an employee because of a single customer complaint as minor as this was.(If Ellijay had an Applebee's, I'd never go there for this reason, and I hope their corporate management lets their franchisees know that there are feelings like that out there.)

More to the point: Tips represent a significant portion of the server's income, but they should be earned. "TIP" originally meant "To Insure Promptness". Of course, that doesn't work too well after the fact. But the amount of tip really should reflect the level of service that was provided. "0", as the "pastor" intended, is almost never appropriate -- the server made several mistakes, was rude, etc. 15% is generally considered sort of average; so the 18% on the automatic thing assumes service was a bit above average. My problem with the automatic tip is that the service may not have deserved an above average tip. On the other hand, it may have deserved even more than "a bit" above average.

Anyhow, I seldom post on here, because I think most of the regulars are idiots, but I sometimes see a subject in which I'm interested.
mare

Ellijay, GA

#4 Feb 1, 2013
When I was a waitress, almost 40 years ago (yikes) the standard gratuity was 10% and I was thrilled to get it. Now, it's 18-20%. Who decided this? The restaurant industry, the unions?
Diner

Ellijay, GA

#5 Feb 1, 2013
I agree with Doc my tip depends on the service. I normally tip 20% with good service and zero if not.
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#6 Feb 1, 2013
Doc wrote:
Anyhow, I seldom post on here, because I think most of the regulars are idiots, but I sometimes see a subject in which I'm interested.
Thanks Doc.

We wait here with bated breath for your deep insights on the great issues facing mankind.
Bart

Ellijay, GA

#7 Feb 1, 2013
This is religion or religiosity exposed. How many Christian Pastors tell their congregations that Sunday is God's Sabbath day and that they must not work. Then after service on Sunday, the Pastors go to restaurants where they expect to be served!
toots

Ellijay, GA

#8 Feb 1, 2013
All the Christian bashers...why spout sh*t out of your mouth when you are thinking with your ass....this so called pastor at Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries Church showed what is inside her with the decision to not only NOT tip, but give a look into her heart at what is NOT there...Christian love. I know many Christians who give tithes to God and good tips to waitresses. I don't consider myself a "good" Christian, however, I do believe that faith in Jesus is God's only way
of salvation. I would like to live a better, more humble, more forgiving and caring life, but, unfortunately, I have a mean streak that hasn't been tamed. I always tip my waitress at least 30%, because I once waited tables and know the hardship and abuse that waitresses (and waiters) often face. So, why not get off Christian bashing for awhile and call an stingy asshole what she(or if it fits, a he)really is...stingy bitch
toots

Ellijay, GA

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Bart wrote:
This is religion or religiosity exposed. How many Christian Pastors tell their congregations that Sunday is God's Sabbath day and that they must not work. Then after service on Sunday, the Pastors go to restaurants where they expect to be served!
Bart, I have attended at least 5 Gilmer county churchs in the past 45 years, and NOT ONCE do I recall of hearing what you just stated....I think you must have a vivid imagination, or, if you go to one that teaches that, get the hell out, find another church, or stay home and watch CNN, and quit defaming good people
Thumper

Ellijay, GA

#10 Feb 1, 2013
toots wrote:
Bart, I have attended at least 5 Gilmer county churchs in the past 45 years, and NOT ONCE do I recall of hearing what you just stated....I think you must have a vivid imagination, or, if you go to one that teaches that, get the hell out, find another church, or stay home and watch CNN, and quit defaming good people
It's in the Bible. Exodus 20:1-17

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
toots

Ellijay, GA

#11 Feb 1, 2013
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in the Bible. Exodus 20:1-17
"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
Thumper....don't thump yer chest jest yit..
Sunday, 1st day of week, got it? Mon. 2nd, Tues. 3rd, Wed. 4th, Thurs. 5th Fri. 6th, Sat...on shit, what day is that...7th...damn, Saturday is the Sabbath, or, 7th day....so let's forget about no work on Sunday, but now that we are strictly going by the Bible, then, DO NOT WORK ON SATURDAY (well, Seventh day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses, an ole Thumper
Thumper

Ellijay, GA

#12 Feb 1, 2013
toots wrote:
so let's forget about no work on Sunday, but now that we are strictly going by the Bible, then, DO NOT WORK ON SATURDAY
OK. Pick whichever day you like.

As long as Christians don't shop, work, or expect anyone else to work on Saturdays then, that's fine.
toots

Ellijay, GA

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Pick whichever day you like.
As long as Christians don't shop, work, or expect anyone else to work on Saturdays then, that's fine.
FYI,it's "fine" no matter what day Christians work, shop or do anything else....it's just not "fine" in your warped world.Grow up dude...find a nice Muslim to criticize because they don't eat pork or drink alchohol or allow their women to show their ankles
Bart

Ellijay, GA

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Toots, I didn't know you have to defend Christianity. According to Isaiah 53 verse 7, it says Jesus opened not His mouth when he was afflicted. Jesus said a disciple is not above His master. So why do you have to defend Christianity?

And that anger problem doesn't help your justify your argument.
toots

Ellijay, GA

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Bart wrote:
Toots, I didn't know you have to defend Christianity. According to Isaiah 53 verse 7, it says Jesus opened not His mouth when he was afflicted. Jesus said a disciple is not above His master. So why do you have to defend Christianity?
And that anger problem doesn't help your justify your argument.
Surely to God you can see the difference....I ain't Jesus, so don't expect me to act like He did. furthermore, I did not try defending Christianity, your moron; I spoke up for the preachers you were defaming...BIG difference.And to the last part about "justifying your arguement"...asshole, you were disparging preachers for preaching against work on Sunday, then going shopping. Weeeeelllll, I simply stated that I have gone to 5 different churches over a 45 year period and never once heard that spoken from pulpit....not justifying anything, not defending anyone, just stating my experience. Best understand what you read before reverting to judging (lest you be judged). Now, go watch Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan and see if you can digest what they say
Bart

Ellijay, GA

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Are you related to Jacky Gleason? You are pretty humorous. Since I am probably older than you, I can say that I have heard that preached more than once from more than one pulpit in different parts of the country.

When you started your wisdom, you addressed the thread, All the Christian bashers....didn't you? That statement alone suggested to me, you needed to defend your view of Christianity.

There is such thing as righteous judgement. But I wouldn't expect for you to understand that since you are not able to converse without your anger revealing it's ugly head.
toots

Ellijay, GA

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Are you related to Jacky Gleason? You are pretty humorous. Since I am probably older than you, I can say that I have heard that preached more than once from more than one pulpit in different parts of the country.
When you started your wisdom, you addressed the thread, All the Christian bashers....didn't you? That statement alone suggested to me, you needed to defend your view of Christianity.
There is such thing as righteous judgement. But I wouldn't expect for you to understand that since you are not able to converse without your anger revealing it.This is religion or religiosity exposed.
Previous quote from Bart "How many Christian Pastors tell their congregations that Sunday is God's Sabbath day and that they must not work. Then after service on Sunday, the Pastors go to restaurants where they expect to be served".
Now read this pius thread..how do you spell HYPOCRITE? From the beginnings of my posts I said I have a mean streak that hasn't been tamed, but I don't defame a man or woman of God for what they preach. If what they preach isn't what I believe, then I quit going to that church, BUT in no way will I foolishly judge them
toots

Ellijay, GA

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Since this thread has deviated away from the pastor of Truth in the World Deliverance not leaving a tip, to Christian bashing and other rabbit trails, and me inserting my feelings and experiences in a more vivid manner than necessary, I will let this be my last response on this matter. Bart and Thumper can have the victory and bash or unbash as they please. Good night
libra

Ellijay, GA

#19 Feb 2, 2013
The Pastor did tip. She left a good tip. You have to pay better attention to these stories without jumping off the handle. Don't be so quick to judge, you look foolish.
watching you

Ellijay, GA

#20 Feb 3, 2013
All of you need to go back and re-read from the beginning of this forum. I find it very sad how you have all turned on each other. You all should be ashamed for taking this forum to where you have..How shameful...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ellijay Comfort Inn 21 hr Gilmersucks 118
Chimney Sweeper needed Wed Beaner 2
Review: Mattress Overstocked (Jul '11) Wed Beaner 14
Ellijay Hospital closes....what happens now? (Jun '16) Wed Beaner 8
Keeping Bears Out of Trash Cans (Mar '13) Wed Beaner 40
Paving of Big Buck Mountain Roads (Jun '09) Dec 6 Anonymous 68
Dr Josh Kadetz Dec 4 Pokemon 1

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages