Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

#6289 Apr 7, 2013
The above post was to ChickenButt
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6290 Apr 7, 2013
Hey Bigdave - you must be referring to post 6288. It's not there. What's up with your disappearing posts?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6291 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't write the Bible - but at least I read it.
I'm glad you read it, now please work on comprehending it, because you are so off base. You appear to be referring mainly to the story of the rich young man who asked Jesus what he must do to attain eternal life. Jesus told him to give all his money to the poor and follow Him. That was never meant as a command for all Christians. Christ looked into the young man's heart and saw that FOR HIM, his wealth was an impediment to giving himself to Christ and the young man walked away sadly. Having money itself is not a problem, it is "the love of money that is a root of all kinds of evil." (2 Tim) There is a HUGE difference.

There is nothing evil in people who have worked hard and achieved success (and who already pay FAR MORE than their FAIR SHARE in taxes) objecting to a bloated, inefficient govt confiscating more and more of their hard earned money just to throw it way on programs that have been demonstrable failures. The War on Poverty - 40 years and $15 trillion later - the poverty rate is EXACTLY the same. Lets give money to women and children whose fathers have died or are not in the picture - result the illegitimacy rate has skyrocketed because the program ENCOURAGES the father to not be in the home. THAT is evil.
Bigdave1

Villa Rica, GA

#6292 Apr 7, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Hey Bigdave - you must be referring to post 6288. It's not there. What's up with your disappearing posts?
This is really me but don't expect anymore unregistered by me. They absolutely refuse to let me get a post to you about Russian bombers making practice runs on our missile defense systems in Asia. You can look it up yourself. Its on Drudge and others.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6293 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
OK
I can't pass up a challenge.
Especially one this easy.
It's a basic tenent of Christian theology that during a baptism the sponsors pledge to raise the child as a Christian, and the Congregation pledges to help the parents and the child raise the kid.
This ain't rocket science. That's the whole concept of "It takes a village". Just Google "It takes a village" and baptism and find 6,296 hits for Gid's sake (Pun intended).
Now apologize and try to learn that knowledge and facts are pretty damn easy to find with this newfangled thing called the Internet.
I charge $400 and hour as my ordinary consulting fee - so send a check $80.00 to charity because located these sources in less than 20 minutes.
Here's a link to the Methodist liturgy proving the Christian concept "It takes a Village".
http://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%257B3482E846-5...
Here's a link to a the Church of England liturgy also reaffirming the idea that "It takes a Village";
http://www.churchofengland.org/media/41165/ci...
Here's a link to a book used in seminaries to train ministers explaining why the concept "It takes a Village" is central to Christian theology:
http://books.google.com/books...
It's available from Church Publishing, Inc. and authored by Ruth Meyers.
Here's another one from the "Christian Resource Institute reminding the congregation of the need for the Christian "Village" to care for the child.
http://www.crivoice.org/infantbaptism.html
TROLL

Location hidden

#6294 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Have one last one.
http://bible.org/article/baby-dedication
Conducting the Ceremony:
Service of Dedication I
Children are a gift from God. Psalm 127:3 proclaims that "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." As believers we are called to recognize that children belong first and foremost to God. God in his goodness gives children as gifts to parents. They not only have the awesome responsibility of caring for this gift, but also the wonderful privilege of enjoying the gift. Because children belong to God and are given by grace as gifts to parents, it is only proper and appropriate that children be dedicated back to God.
We are told in 1 Samuel 1 that Hannah presented her son Samuel to the Lord. In Luke 2:22 we read that Mary and Joseph brought their baby Jesus to the temple in Jerusalem ....in order to present him before the Lord.
Accompanying them in making this commitment are (CHILD'S)...
(PARENTS), I call your attention to the commands of God recorded in Holy Scripture. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 tells us:
"Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is....
Ephesians 6:4 says:
"fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." God's instructions are plain.
(PARENTS), love God with every ounce and fiber of your energy and teach (CHILD) to do the same. As you love God, one another, and (OTHER CHILDREN), you will model before (CHILD) a wonderful love for God that he will want for himself.
(PARENTS), by coming forward before God and his people, do you hereby declare your desire to dedicate yourselves and your (SON/DAUGHTER + CHILD'S NAME) to the Lord? If so, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")
Having come freely, I ask now that you enter into the following commitment in the presence of God and his people (Wife hands child to husband as a sign of his spiritual headship in the family). So that (CHILD) may walk in the... Christ as his Savior and Lord?("We do.")
Modeling this kind of love can not be done alone. It requires the help of others. For this reason,(PARENTS) call upon the help of (GODPARENTS). I now direct my questions to you. By coming forward before God and his people, do you hereby declare your desire to help PARENTS fulfill the vow they have just made by becoming (CHILD'S) godparents? If so, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")
Having come freely, I ask now that you enter into the following commitment: So that (CHILD) may walk in the abundant life that Christ offers, do you vow by God's help, to encourage, through praise and correction,(PARENTS) in their effort to raise (CHILD) in the fear of the Lord, to uphold them in prayer, and if anything should happen to (PARENTS), to assume responsibility in helping (CHILD) receive our Lord's guidance and instruction?("We do.")
Finally, I ask that the church make a vow as well. There's an old proverb that says "it takes a village to raise a child." Parents have first responsibility. But parents need the help and support of the community. So I direct my questions now to the church. By being present in God's house today, do you hereby declare yourselves to be the children of God because you trust in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life? If this is true, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")
be faithful to God, and to help teach and train (CHILD) in the ways of the Lord so that he might one day trust him as Savior and Lord? If you accept this responsibility, please respond by saying "we do."
(Dad hands child to pastor for prayer of dedication)
(Presentation of Certificate and Gift)
(May wish to sing dedication hymn)
TROLL

Location hidden

#6295 Apr 7, 2013
To continue the point about those in need. The Left's answer is to take money from others and give it to the govt to distribute. And we have decades of experience now to show it does not help, it actually hurts those who become dependent on the system. The Right believes in people giving their own money to the charities of their choice, many of which are charities that are locally based and can give personal help to people -local resource offices that can help people with not just a check, but with connections to organizations that can help with clothes for job interviews, or perhaps training programs or child care resources so moms can work to support themselves. That is how you help people break the cycle of dependence - not by giving them a check that will just get them through the next few weeks. The old adage is very true: "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

Location hidden

#6296 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, we all understand that Right Wing
Philosophy by its very terms it is contrary to a Jesus' teachings.
That is just a fact. Jesus was a bleeding heart Leeeeeeeeberal.
So, maybe you have to pretend to be that damn stupid of accept that Right Wing philosophy are Anti-Christian.
"It takes a village" has been Christian dogma since the authors started writing down Jesus' words. It might be a new concept to you, but to normal folks it has been well understood and accepted.
That's what Christianity is you mental midget - a COMMUNITY of believers pledging to HELP and SUPPORT each other.
That's why the congregation is called upon the help and support the child in almost all liturgies.
Do you really think Jesus taught the "Christian" thing to do is to watch a child suffer and die for lack of food, clothing, or medical care, as long as you read the Bible to him as he suffers and dies ?
Is that what Jesus meant when he said "Suffer the little children to come into me ?" Let the little bastards suffer ?
Are you really that moronic and selfish?
You are one brave (or stupid) guy, calling Jesus a "Libtard". When that lightening hits I hope you got one of Faraday Boxes handy.
By he way, I posted the link to, and most of the language in the liturgy that specifically uses the language "Ut takes a village" in case your mind is actually incapable of understanding the linkage between a concept and words use to express that concept.
TROLL

Location hidden

#6297 Apr 7, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I abhor the idea of agreeing with anything you could possibly think, I do have have to agree that the quote you referenced is a good one.
Bear hunters for example fill up a trash can with donuts, then hide in the bushes with a bazooka to blow the bears innocent little head off when he stops in for breakfast.
I'd much rather see the hunter have to WEAR the donuts on his jacket, and be only armed with a pocket-knife. Then we might be able to call it a sport.
I totally agree. You aren't serious about the donuts, right? If so, that would be against the law wouldn't it? Kind of like baiting a field? Just curious.

Location hidden

#6298 Apr 7, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
Hey - Just a reminder to the right-wingers that Bush had TREMENDOUS job-losses during his last year of presidency.
Oh, and by the way - The worst economic recession this country has known in almost a 100 years happened under his Presidency after 8 years of Republican policies.
Just a reminder. I know you right-wingers often seem to forget that.
Oh, brother. Just left wing liberal crap. Obama is a failure. Own up to it. You've used the same old excuses over and over. They are worn out....just like the race card. We're not listening anymore. It's time for Obama to take responsibility. He isn't taking it and you libs aren't holding him responsible, but the rest of us are! Hey! Just a reminder to the left wingers.

Location hidden

#6299 Apr 7, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
Oh, and in case we also forget about this little tidbit -
That recession caused MASSIVE business closings and let to even more huge unemployment numbers and many Americans losing their homes.
Just a little bit of reality we should keep in mind when we talk about the state of the country and politics.
That really did happen.
Oh, and in case you've forgotten...Obama has been in office heading toward 5 YEARS!!!! Nope! NO MORE PASSES except by those who will never admit they made a mistake reelecting him. Just a little bit of reality that you left wingers should keep in mind when you start with your excuses.

Location hidden

#6300 Apr 7, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
All that did happen while George W. Bush was President of the United States of America.
It really did. So let's keep that in mind when we are discussing how great Republican Policy is, shall we?
Obama = almost 5 YEARS and things are WORSE! Let's keep THAT in mind.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6301 Apr 7, 2013
HumainSociety wrote:
<quoted text>
Just before he left office in January 2003, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura said that "going out there and putting jelly doughnuts down, and Yogi comes up and sits there and thinks he's found the mother lode for five days in a row—and then you back-shoot him from a tree?....That ain't sport. That's an assassination."

The Duluth News Tribune, the largest newspaper in northern Minnesota, where most baiting in the North Star State takes place, agreed with Ventura: "Normal people should be outraged at these practices...Bear hunters who set out sweets to attract your kill: Take a good hard look in the mirror. See if you can find a human being."
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/bear_hunt...

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/facts.php...

Location hidden

#6302 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - it took a liturgy that contained the exact specific, express, "word for word", and verbatim phrase: "It takes a village", to make you happy ?
The other baptism liturgies teaching that Christians have the responsibility to care and support the children of their fellow Christians were just too difficult to understand ?
Please, like the unfortunate child who accidentally signed up for Quantum Physics at M.I.T.- instead of Basic Math at the local junior college - you should just sit quietly until you have the opportunity to let the teacher know you enrolled in the wrong class.
One last attempt to force a rational thought into that hollow space located inside that depleted uranium shell called your cranium.
The concepts "Community of Christ" and "Church" and the responsibility we have to care for and support those among us who need help is a basic lesson Jesus taught and is central to Christian theology.
Just Google "It takes a village" and "Christianity" and you'll see how central it is- in fact - it is the primary teaching of Christ.
I provided four or five liturgies for baptism that acknowledge and accentuate this responsibility to care for others, and especially their children.
I could have provided dozens more, but why waste the time.
This responsibility the "Christian Community" has to others and their children has been synopsized into the phrase "It takes a village". This is a Christian concept - not a communist plot.
Since Christianity is completely altruistic and self-sacrificing, it is directly contradictory to Right Wing thought,(which is based on greed and self-interest). That makes it threatening to Right Wingers, but that's just too bad.
Please feel free continue to attack "Libtards" for professing the very beliefs expressly and unequivocally taught by Jesus Christ. You are attacking a very basic concept of Christianity, and calling Jesus a "Libtard" ain't a wise move.
Damn, I'm more Buddhist than Christian, and even I understand one of the basic tenents of the Christian religion you must accept is that "It takes a village" to be a Christian.
To paraphrase Gandhi:
I like your Christ, I do not like those who pretend to be Christians, they are so unlike your Christ.
TROLL

Location hidden

#6303 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What pains you so, is that;
Jesus was a flaming "Libtard". A card carrying, bleeding heart, sacrifice for others, give all that you have to the poor, "Libtard".
He expressly taught you had to sacrifice all that you have to help others, especially their children.
The Bible teaches you have the responsibility as a Christian to care and support others, including giving ALL that you have, and that those who acquire great wealth will probably never see Heaven.
Don't blame me that Right Wingers like you profess Anti-Christian propaganda. That Right Wingers enthusiastically deny everything Jesus Christ taught, and oppose the main goals of Christianity. That ain't my fault - if you don't like it - blame Jesus Christ. I didn't write the Bible - but at least I read it.
Blame yourself for being so Anti-Christian. At least radical Muslims are honest about the contempt they have for Christianity - Right Wingers hypocritically pretend to be the very thing they despise.
Damn, read the New Testament and then tell me Jusus didn't teach "It takes a village". If you still believe it doesn't, try reading a version printed in English, or read it when you are sober.
TROLL

Location hidden

#6304 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25: 31-46
"When I, the Messiah, shall come in glory, and all the angels with me, then I shall sit upon my throne of glory. And all the nations shall be gathered before me. And I will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and place the sheep at my right hand, and the goats at my left.
Then I, the King, shall say to those at my right, "Come, blessed of my Father, into the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me water; I was a stranger and you invited me into your homes; naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison, and you visited me."
Then these righteous ones will reply, "Sir, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you anything to drink? Or a stranger, and help you? Or naked, and clothe you? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?" And I, the King, will tell them, "When you did it to these my brothers you were doing it to me!"
Then I will turn to those on my left and say, "Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry and you wouldn't feed me; thirsty, and you wouldn't give me anything to drink; a stranger, and you refused me hospitality; naked, and you wouldn't clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn't visit me."
Then they will reply, "Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?"
And I will answer, "When you refused to help the least of these my brothers, you were refusing help to me." And they shall go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into everlasting life."
Yep, it's cant be that Right Wing beliefs are Anti-Christian - it must be that I "hate" Right Wingers.
Man, am I good, 2000 years ago I stuck all that stuff in the Bible just to cover for my "hatred".
TROLL
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6305 Apr 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Five years and things are WAY BETTER than they were. At least MOST people have jobs, the economy didn't completely crash, the employment situation has taken a reverse heading and Bin Laden is dead. There's at least a BIT of regulation on Wall Street, women have a better chance of achieving better pay through the Lilly Ledbetter Act, millions of young people are now insured and massive reforms are occurring in the health-care conglomerates.

Bush didn't do that. The TEA PARTY didn't do that. The 112th Congress didn't do that. Boehner SURE didn't do that as all he's been busy doing is repeatedly voting to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,(it's almost like he doesn't like most Americans!), Sarah Palin didn't achieve those things, John McCain didn't achieve those things, and Mitt Romney didn't achieve those things.

It took Obama. He's yer super-hero. You know it.

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uplo...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6306 Apr 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not worse.

Remember when everybody was leaving Wall STreet with boxes of their stuff in hand?

Remember when it looked like almost everybody was going to have to get their next meal from a soup kitchen?

Remember when congressmen were meeting outside the Capitol building in panic because America almost ceased to exist?

Obama fixed it. You should send him a letter of thanks.

Location hidden

#6307 Apr 7, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Five years and things are WAY BETTER than they were. At least MOST people have jobs, the economy didn't completely crash, the employment situation has taken a reverse heading and Bin Laden is dead. There's at least a BIT of regulation on Wall Street, women have a better chance of achieving better pay through the Lilly Ledbetter Act, millions of young people are now insured and massive reforms are occurring in the health-care conglomerates.
Bush didn't do that. The TEA PARTY didn't do that. The 112th Congress didn't do that. Boehner SURE didn't do that as all he's been busy doing is repeatedly voting to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,(it's almost like he doesn't like most Americans!), Sarah Palin didn't achieve those things, John McCain didn't achieve those things, and Mitt Romney didn't achieve those things.
It took Obama. He's yer super-hero. You know it.
http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uplo...
OMG! STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!!!!!!!!!!

You should take this post to Comedy Central.

Location hidden

#6308 Apr 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and in case you've forgotten...Obama has been in office heading toward 5 YEARS!!!! Nope! NO MORE PASSES except by those who will never admit they made a mistake reelecting him. Just a little bit of reality that you left wingers should keep in mind when you start with your excuses.
Hey, Synergy
Can you imagine the ridicule from the media if a Republican president who had been in office for over 4 years was still blaming his predecessor? It would be night after night of "when is this president going to quit pointing at the other kids on the playground and man up." Of course this administration takes responsibility for NOTHING. Benghazi - don't blame Obama, he had gone to bed - oh, imagine the field day the media would have had if that were a Republican president who had gone to bed while a consulate was under attack - and then to have gone to a fund raiser after we find out four Americans had been killed - including our Ambassador. That would have been the top story for weeks. Guns being allowed to go untracked into Mexico, resulting in the death of a border patrol agent - there would be screams from the media for an investigation if it were under a Republican - instead virtual silence. Dismal job creation and a horrible unemployment rate, yawn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rusty beamon (Apr '14) 8 hr Ga Girl 56 18
What's going on tonight on Roy Rd? 8 hr Ga Girl 56 7
Ellijay hospital diversion 8 hr Ga Girl 56 3
20$ to who ever posts the identity of ga girl 56 9 hr Ga Girl 56 3
Ladies Please Read 23 hr Ga Girl 56 7
I'm moving Tue Ga Girl 56 2
Blue Ridge Topix crossover to Ellijay Tue Ga Girl 56 3

Dawsonville News Video

Dawsonville Dating
Find my Match