Gun, drug charges against teen droppe...

Gun, drug charges against teen dropped: Authorities now say girl was set up

There are 1731 comments on the www.forsythnews.com story from Dec 30, 2007, titled Gun, drug charges against teen dropped: Authorities now say girl was set up. In it, www.forsythnews.com reports that:

A Dawson County High School student arrested earlier this month for drug and weapon possession has been cleared of all charges, authorities said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.forsythnews.com.

thumper

United States

#21 Jan 26, 2008
tapout wrote:
No never dated her or been turned down by her. I just know her and defend her cause she needs it and shes not on here to do it for herself. If you guys are local and feel so strongly bout the way you think she lives. Why don't you pull her or her supposed boyfriend aside and have a heart to heart with them instead of talking bout them behind their backs. That looks cowardly or two faced on your part. If your too scared to speak to someones face you darn sure shouldn't talk behind their backs.
If anyone on here wants to tell me what it takes to be truly happy throughout ones lifetime. Please enlight me with your infinate wisdome. It's ok to have an opinion but i don't think it's ok to gossip and spread rumors thet may hurt someone. Like i said speak to someones face. If you really feel strongly enough bout something you should go to the source and tell them how you feel. But knowing how cowardly people are i know the gossip will always be easier.
First of all dude, its the internet....she has just as much access to this blog as anyone else. Nobody here is spreading rumor, just trying to share thoughts and facts with each other. Why would anyone track someone down to say hey, i just heared that your a slut is that true? We are having a conversation about an issue with this community. If you dont like this fine, get off this blog, go to school, and get to work to try to alter the fifth amendment. As for what it takes to be happy, dude, go find a life.
thumper

United States

#22 Jan 26, 2008
confused wrote:
to tapout, do you think it was cowardly to place a gun or dope under her seat? maybe folks ought to be addressing that. who wanted her suspended and sent to a juvenile prison? she had an enemy somewhere for some reason for the persons to go to that length. wouldnt you agree?
The "enemy" is the girls, boyfriends parent(s).

Since: Jan 08

dawsonville, GA

#23 Jan 26, 2008
Yes absolutly their names are in the paper this week as they were arrested. I'm sure their pics will be in there next week. They did Rachel very wrong and i'm sure they will pay for their actions. Thats exactley what this should be about.
What was done to Rachel is an example of how people we sometimes trust betray us and hurt us. I also know the people that did this to her. One was her x boyfriend and the other is his boss. They should have never did something like this to anyone. The older man in this case manipulated her x into doing it with him out of his hate towards Rachel. And he has no reason to dislike her enough to have done this. Her x has appoligized to her for what he did and can't believe he listened to his boss and went through with this stupid attempt to discredit Rachels name here in Dawson.
This whole thing is a good example of how distructive hate can be in people. Hate in someones heart is like cancer it will consume them over time and destroy them and sometimes those around them. I know it's very hard to do but if we can have just a touch of the love in our hearts like the kind Jesus did nothing like this would happen. That one word is the key to true happiness by the way for anyone looking for it LOVE LOVE LOVE. With that in you nothing else can come in. If it does and the LOVE in you is strong enough it will kill it.

dawsonville, GA

#24 Jan 26, 2008
Thumper wrote:
First of all dude, its the internet....she has just as much access to this blog as anyone else. Nobody here is spreading rumor, just trying to share thoughts and facts with each other. Why would anyone track someone down to say hey, i just heared that your a slut is that true? We are having a conversation about an issue with this community. If you dont like this fine, get off this blog, go to school, and get to work to try to alter the fifth amendment. As for what it takes to be happy, dude, go find a life.
Thumper i have a life. You might not approve of it but then your not the judge are you. People on here are spreading rumors can't you read? Does anyone posting personal stuff bout Rachel have any proof of their statements if not that makes it a rumor dude. Get a clue. If you feel i'm messing up someones gossip thats great thats exactly what i'm trying to do. I would love to hear facts but as for the rumor crap keep it where it belongs in the trash.
If you feel strongly enough to call someone a slut on here your a coward if you can't call em it to their face dude.
thumper

United States

#25 Jan 26, 2008
tapout wrote:
Thumper wrote:
Thumper i have a life. You might not approve of it but then your not the judge are you. People on here are spreading rumors can't you read? Does anyone posting personal stuff bout Rachel have any proof of their statements if not that makes it a rumor dude. Get a clue. If you feel i'm messing up someones gossip thats great thats exactly what i'm trying to do. I would love to hear facts but as for the rumor crap keep it where it belongs in the trash.
If you feel strongly enough to call someone a slut on here your a coward if you can't call em it to their face dude.
Hmmm, Ok, Read my last post a few more times, S L O W E R then maybe you will understand what was written. I have not called anyone a slut, and do not believe that this discussion is about rumor. There is no reason to get defensive, but your idea of how and what should be allowed in this discussion does not matter, you are not our moral ref.

dawsonville, GA

#26 Jan 26, 2008
I know my opinion on things don't matter any more than anyone elses does. Will this stop me from giving my opinion no nothing will. It's part of that 5th thing you mentioned isn't it wonderfull. I've never been the ref type i'm usually the one fighting the battles :) I will defend my friends and not just on here.
thumper

United States

#27 Jan 26, 2008
tapout wrote:
I know my opinion on things don't matter any more than anyone elses does. Will this stop me from giving my opinion no nothing will. It's part of that 5th thing you mentioned isn't it wonderfull. I've never been the ref type i'm usually the one fighting the battles :) I will defend my friends and not just on here.
You certainly do have the right if not duty to defend your friends. BUT, Your recent post confirmed most if not all of the things everyone on this blog had stated. You cant call all of this speculation and rumor, then turn around and say nobody has fact or knows anything about this situation but you. I was curious, now I know, by the way its the FIRST amendment.
laura

Canton, GA

#28 Jan 26, 2008
I was saddened by all of this news. And no, the Dawson County Advertiser is not a rumor mill. Whats so hard to understand is the oldest one accused of wrongdoing, is outstanding in the community and the "backbone" of his church. I have known him most of my life and shocked is not the word. What could the motive possibly be to put it all "on the line" and lose his place in the community. Surely, there must be a mistake. but----when the 'feds' go over this with a fine tooth comb, we will all know.
thumper

United States

#29 Jan 26, 2008
As we all know if not from just the latest round of elections in Dawsonville, the town certainly has its own way of doing things. Is there going to be a federal investigation? If so, why? The person that transported the items onto the campus has been cleared. Is the person(s) that placed the items in the car going to be held accountable for where they were discovered? Could they not claim that they had no intention of these items ending up on school property? I understand both sides of this argument. I do believe that the people responsible for setting all of this in motion should be punished, but I do believe that something severe had to have happened to make these people this angry and vindictive.
laura

Canton, GA

#30 Jan 26, 2008
thumper, i had not thought of it in that light. i figured that someone, whoever it may be would have to give account for the dope and loaded pistol winding up on school grounds. maybe thats not the case. like i said, you shedded some light that i had not considered. sounds like you were smart enough to do your homework before speaking.Now, what is the difference between "being a party to a crime" and "aiding and abetting? Just a footnote here, the last time i looked under my car seat was 3 months ago when i was looking for a pair of gloves from last winter. theres more to this story than meets the ear.
jenny

Canton, GA

#31 Jan 26, 2008
MY FAVORITE MOVIE IS "BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN."
thumper

United States

#32 Jan 26, 2008
laura wrote:
thumper, i had not thought of it in that light. i figured that someone, whoever it may be would have to give account for the dope and loaded pistol winding up on school grounds. maybe thats not the case. like i said, you shedded some light that i had not considered. sounds like you were smart enough to do your homework before speaking.Now, what is the difference between "being a party to a crime" and "aiding and abetting? Just a footnote here, the last time i looked under my car seat was 3 months ago when i was looking for a pair of gloves from last winter. theres more to this story than meets the ear.
Laura, thank you, I am certainly not nor have I ever been a lawyer. I have no idea what the difference is between being a party and aiding and abetting, I'm just looking at this the only way I know how. I have been following this story very closely as well as many others in this area. I have kids and am very concerned at the recent trend in the area. There is a plan in the works to build a ski-resort that is obviously a bad business in the making, ex-city council member who is being railroaded by the DA's office, a very sick individual cutting peoples heads off and this apparently acceptable situation where a under-age girl was allowed to continue an illegal relationship with a man some 18 years her senior. All of this is disturbing at best.
Lumpkin Resident

United States

#33 Jan 26, 2008
Didn't the person who reported the gun and drugs actually call the school? That would seem to say that they would know these itms would ebnd up at the school? Just a thought. Reading oevr some of these comments.. like tapout... I don't see where there are a lot of rumors going on here. It actualyl sounds like a lot of people know this girl orthe family or the other people involved. Besides, if you ask me, no way did rachel get a raw deal. How many people get wrongly accused all the time? And how many get a front paghe apology in the newspaper? typically, the story just kinda goes away. but rachel, it's oh, poor girl. she spent how long in jail? Newspapersa were saying she was out on bail that same day. she never even had to go to court. If everyone I knew that's been accused of a crime got half as good treatment, they'd think they were lucky. Not to say that I think what happened was OK, I don't, bit I also aghree with the other poster... something bad happened to make the boyfirend's family that mad at her.
thumper

United States

#34 Jan 26, 2008
Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, now I have-to watch Broke Back Mountain.
renee

Canton, GA

#35 Jan 27, 2008
I would like to chime in on this discussion with a few facts that are a matter of public record: Laland adopted Joe at a young age. Joe is the the biological son of Clem Jones. Laland recently married Joes biological mother Geneva. Bradley is Genevas biological grandson and lives on Lalands farm and has for several years, as does Joe. This is truly a family affair. As David Letterman would say "i wouldnt give their troubles to a monkey on a rock."
hippiechic

United States

#36 Jan 27, 2008
And didn't Bradley and Rachel date for awhile before she met Joe?
renee

Canton, GA

#37 Jan 27, 2008
hippiechic wrote:
And didn't Bradley and Rachel date for awhile before she met Joe?
It is my understanding that they did. Note in the Dawson County paper, the officer said or should i say the exact quote, the officer "implicated the the two have a history."
renee

Canton, GA

#38 Jan 27, 2008
to hippiechic, i misquoted, the officer "INDICATED" THERES A HISTORY BETWEEN THE TWO. in other words, he didnt imply, he flat made a statement.
Bewildered in Dawsonville

Northfield, OH

#39 Jan 27, 2008
tapout wrote:
Yes absolutly their names are in the paper this week as they were arrested. I'm sure their pics will be in there next week. They did Rachel very wrong and i'm sure they will pay for their actions. Thats exactley what this should be about.
What was done to Rachel is an example of how people we sometimes trust betray us and hurt us. I also know the people that did this to her. One was her x boyfriend and the other is his boss. They should have never did something like this to anyone. The older man in this case manipulated her x into doing it with him out of his hate towards Rachel. And he has no reason to dislike her enough to have done this. Her x has appoligized to her for what he did and can't believe he listened to his boss and went through with this stupid attempt to discredit Rachels name here in Dawson.
This whole thing is a good example of how distructive hate can be in people. Hate in someones heart is like cancer it will consume them over time and destroy them and sometimes those around them. I know it's very hard to do but if we can have just a touch of the love in our hearts like the kind Jesus did nothing like this would happen. That one word is the key to true happiness by the way for anyone looking for it LOVE LOVE LOVE. With that in you nothing else can come in. If it does and the LOVE in you is strong enough it will kill it.
Well, Hello Mr. or Mrs. Tapout! You seem to be a little angy with me over my comments. First off I am closer to this than you realize and yes, I have had converstions with all of the people mentioned. I can also tell you that Joe is his adopted son and he has two other biological children named Jarvis and Jason. I went to school with all of the Anderson boys and have known that family my whole life. My comments are not just mere "rumors" but rather founded truth!And Jenny with her Broke Back Mountain has hit closer to the truth than anyone else! Rachel and Joe have been dating since she was 15 and neither party has had a problem until now? Maybe them being physical has got Laland in such an uproar he was doing what he could to get her away from him! By the way since you know everything aboout this family and situation, did you know that Bradley lives on the farm and and Laland considers him his grandson and he(Laland) is Joes adopted father? Or did you miss that? You have some of the truth, but you do not know nearly everything you think you know so you are the one Gossiping, not me! Just ask around Dahlonega about "The Woody Farm" or Laland and Joe. You will get all the information you need. The real motive here is a lover's jealous RAGE!!
hippiechic

United States

#40 Jan 27, 2008
renee wrote:
to hippiechic, i misquoted, the officer "INDICATED" THERES A HISTORY BETWEEN THE TWO. in other words, he didnt imply, he flat made a statement.
That's what I thought.. and I don't recall exactly how old Bradley is but I know he is also older than Rachel... though not as old as Joe. WHAT were her parents thinking?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawsuit against Pickens County Schools 32 min Bridge Miller 3
Don Murray Busted Again (Sep '13) 16 hr Nacho 29
Gilmer High Bobcat Football 22 hr Dragonlord 62
Witches in Ellijay (Dec '09) Sun Dacmoy29 222
Who is Alton Rainey? (Dec '12) Aug 25 Snow 3
Ellijay Primary School Aug 25 ashamed bobcat 10
Capital Meats Truck-Buyer Beware (May '09) Aug 25 Gilmersucks 426

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance