Gun, drug charges against teen dropped: Authorities now say girl was set up

Dec 30, 2007 Full story: www.forsythnews.com 1,731

A Dawson County High School student arrested earlier this month for drug and weapon possession has been cleared of all charges, authorities said Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 87
Next Last
MadinMadison

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2008
I have been following this story and this teens family needs to contact someone to file a suit against these people that set her up. I think that it is sad that she was picked up and disgraced in front of her friends and teachers for absolutely no reason.
lakota 1

Apollo, PA

#2 Jan 19, 2008
i am missing something here, i read the dawson county news and there was no mention of any arrest or any names mentioned as to who sat rachael up. since she was scandaled and shamed, why have their names not been mentioned, or did i overlook that part in the paper?
lakota 1

Apollo, PA

#3 Jan 20, 2008
can someone please tell me, does the case pertaining to rachael caldwell, even though it was dropped, does someone still have to give account for a loaded glock and dope on school property? is this not a federal case?
Bewildered in Dawsonville

Hudson, OH

#4 Jan 21, 2008
This unfotunate incident is just the ramification of a 35 year old dating a 17 year old,and there are two people to blame.. Rachel's parents!! They are suppose to be upstanding citizens who uphold the law with their law enforcement positions in Dawson county and here they are letting their 17 year old daughter all but shack up with a 35 year old because he appears to have money.I am a parent of a highschool girl and rachel is always bragging about how good Joe is to her and all that he buys her. Rachel is 17 and that is why I do not hold her accountable for the bad decisions she is making. God gives you parents for a reason, to protect them and make decisions for them that they are uncapable of making. While Rachel may not see the problem with dating a 35 year old man with 2 kids her parents should and it should not be allowed. As far as the gun planting goes, whoever did it should be punished to the full extent of the law!! It is gossip that his family is involved and if that is true then all the more reason for the parents to stop this relationship, but it appears that her parents are more concerned with money than justice!! And, to the 35 year old she dates.. Get out of the school yard and stop praying on teenagers!! Surely you have enough money to buy someone your own age!!
Sarah

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Jan 21, 2008
There are a lot of kids at my school that do a lot of drugs and teachers don't even know they do it!...
laura

Apollo, PA

#6 Jan 21, 2008
sarah, you seem so young, i hope you stay strong and stay away from drugs. its a dead end road for you and a heartbreak for your family.
mammy

Apollo, PA

#7 Jan 23, 2008
i was reading in the newspaper that rachael was really cleared and charges have been made. i am wondering if this is a state or federal case. i am thinking federal since it is school grounds and drugs involved. would someone please answer this question?

Since: Jan 08

Dawsonville

#8 Jan 24, 2008
Rachael Caldwell?

She got kicked off our Basketball Team..

The gun wasn't her's but the drugs were..

I saw her at Wal-Mart the other day. Her family bailed her out for 6,000 dollars.
mammy

Apollo, PA

#9 Jan 24, 2008
Have you read the Dawson County paper? The paper says something totally different. Two men were charged with placing the dope and the gun. Im scratching my head over this one.

dawsonville, GA

#10 Jan 25, 2008
Sarah next time you see her go to her give her a big hug and tell her your sorry bout your post that the drugs were her's ok. I know her and she has never did or had drugs on her. Where did you hear that?
Gossip is fun till the facts come out then it comes with cost. Be informed with facts before you post something.

dawsonville, GA

#11 Jan 25, 2008
Bewildered you seem to have alot of info on the subject. Ever met or had a conversation with either of the people your talking so much about?

I know both of em well and they both think for themselves. He preys on no one just so ya know. They are close friends and i know how excited it makes you and alot of others here in Dawson to talk about what might be going on there. But who's busisness is that, theirs and her parents. You need to do your parenting and let others do theirs. Don't judge someone unless you want them to judge you. People's thoughts have always been controlled by sex, money, & power. That will never change. So i understand where your mind is Bewildered.
Thumper1

United States

#12 Jan 25, 2008
This is another sad case of the parents "cashing out on the kids" Caldwells parents will no doubt "get paid" on this one. Sad situation in this community. This is NOT just a sad someone done me wrong story. This is a clear case of, you play, you pay. I have been following this story as well, and the parents need to be watched on this one. Guarenteed, to be continued.
Lumpkin Resident

United States

#13 Jan 25, 2008
I know some of the people involved... believe you me, this has been goin on ahwile between those two... Rachel and Joe. She wasn't just 17 when thet started up. More like 16 I think. What kind of parents thinks stautory rape by a man twice theyre daughters age is OK? My mom wouldnt even let me go out with college guys at that age! So... when does Caldwell turn 18 and how fast do the parents race to court before she up and marries her sure thing?

dawsonville, GA

#14 Jan 25, 2008
Lumpkin who do you know thats involved? Don't be shy you sure arent when it comes to your other statements. Since your in the know how many men has Rachel ever been involved with? And do those relationships shadow this potential one cause he has money, his age or is it just he's well know cause he's been around longer?

Oh by the way Lumpkin lets hear bout your sex life how's it going? And is your Mom happy with how your sex life turned out? And by sure thing i can detect you've been divorced and have a bad taste for men in your mouth from your past:) I don't know that Rachel has ever had sex but has anyone on here had sex before your 18th birthday? If you want to trash someone start with yourself. I think your all going on rumors, gossip and have absolutly no proof of anything you say.
Thumper1

United States

#15 Jan 25, 2008
Tap, you may do better in looking at the facts of the issue at hand than bashing other posters. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It seems to me at least that no individual here has tried to "trash" anyone only state what they know and feel.
It sounds to me like your expecting her to come back to you.
Lumpkin Resident

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2008
I'm only 23, so far my sex life is great, thanks. Not accepting any offers, BTW! My mom... well, I try to spare her poror heart. But lets say shes definitely in the running for grandkids!:-) Never been married, never been divorced. Sorry, no bitter 40 somethign here! AND I went to college. Didnt go for my MRS, either! No, I know several people involved. For their sake, I wont' name them. But bewitched is right... rachel's daddy is a sheriff's deputy! And, if you insist on verifying what I know, wasnt rachel involved with a different older man before joe? Sorry, can't tell you EXACTLY how many men she's been with! BTW, why are you so defensive about her? Everyone around town knows about this stuff... none of it is a news flash, they never tried to hide it. What happen, you get turned down by rachel for prom?
wichabewildered

United States

#17 Jan 25, 2008
This is awesome!!!! Thumper1 dude- THANK YOU!

got a response tapout? Im just curious as to how this girl is a saint? and this guy and the parents are not at fault.
confused

Cornelia, GA

#18 Jan 26, 2008
I am totally confused on this issue. The young girls parents had to be well aware of the possibilities of letting her baby sit in a young, single mans home. I firmly believe that the baby sitting arrangement could have been handled in a professional way, if indeed it was just a "job" to earn extra money. What ever happened to dropping your children off, picking them up at a certain time at the young girls home. would that not have been the proper way to handle things considering her age? Could this all have not been avoided? My daughter babysat 2 small children for several years. I took her to his home, picked her up as soon as he arrived from home. If and i repeat If she was staying past time and arriving early, the parents had to know that they were "flirting with disaster." In my opinion, proper parental supervision would have made a difference in this case. He-ing and she-ing have been going on since the beginning of time. No matter how good a parent you are, you must not lose sight of this fact and expecially, have your antennas out at all times. I feel for all the heartache and embarassment that has been caused.

dawsonville, GA

#19 Jan 26, 2008
No never dated her or been turned down by her. I just know her and defend her cause she needs it and shes not on here to do it for herself. If you guys are local and feel so strongly bout the way you think she lives. Why don't you pull her or her supposed boyfriend aside and have a heart to heart with them instead of talking bout them behind their backs. That looks cowardly or two faced on your part. If your too scared to speak to someones face you darn sure shouldn't talk behind their backs.
If anyone on here wants to tell me what it takes to be truly happy throughout ones lifetime. Please enlight me with your infinate wisdome. It's ok to have an opinion but i don't think it's ok to gossip and spread rumors thet may hurt someone. Like i said speak to someones face. If you really feel strongly enough bout something you should go to the source and tell them how you feel. But knowing how cowardly people are i know the gossip will always be easier.
confused

Cornelia, GA

#20 Jan 26, 2008
to tapout, do you think it was cowardly to place a gun or dope under her seat? maybe folks ought to be addressing that. who wanted her suspended and sent to a juvenile prison? she had an enemy somewhere for some reason for the persons to go to that length. wouldnt you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 87
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Oh my 56,643
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 1 hr Skippy 10,928
Keeping Bears Out of Trash Cans (Mar '13) 9 hr kimmy 26
Has Your AT&T Wireless Service Deteriorated (Aug '13) 12 hr bulldog 27
gay cruising at 515 scenic overlook (Aug '12) 16 hr Ga Girl 56 85
Stabbing Sun Ga Girl 56 25
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sun jeb is low IQ cbu... 2,071

Dawsonville News Video

Dawsonville Jobs

Dawsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dawsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dawsonville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]