ahf

Owensboro, KY

#84 Dec 30, 2009
kristale morse wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean there are non permanent black people?
Only MJ
Dragonfly

United States

#85 Dec 30, 2009
ahf wrote:
<quoted text>
Only MJ
permanent teachers who are black. the issue isnt a cute remark. the issue is i know of a black lady who is a substitute teacher. she wont teach in dawson, she's not welcome. that's the issue, but it apparently doesnt matter to you. it does to some of the people who live here.
Right turn

United States

#86 Dec 31, 2009
That's what they do rather than face the issues ... try to make like it's a non-issue. Doesn't change the real problems or make them go away. Just shows a lack of concern.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#87 Dec 31, 2009
Why are you guys feeding this troll?=/
Right turn

United States

#88 Dec 31, 2009
What troll are you speaking about?

Since: Dec 09

Nortonville, KY

#89 Dec 31, 2009
i think they mean the toll is the one who started the forum. who knows.

Nortonville, KY

#90 Dec 31, 2009
Right turn wrote:
That's what they do rather than face the issues ... try to make like it's a non-issue. Doesn't change the real problems or make them go away. Just shows a lack of concern.
exactly. please check out my thread and pass it on.
N.A.R.C.C.>Not Afraid to Report Crime/Corruption
Right turn

Lebanon, TN

#91 Jan 1, 2010
Then they are talking about 'Turboprop'? I don't know. Hey they gossip and conspire and try to bully people quite often in Dawson. It's part of the modus operandi there. You gotta love the bully stares from some of the men. Even some of the older ones who should know better. Makes you wonder how they treat the women in their lives??? But that's part of what has made the place so 'great'. It's really thriving (not).

Nortonville, KY

#92 Jan 1, 2010
Right turn wrote:
Then they are talking about 'Turboprop'? I don't know. Hey they gossip and conspire and try to bully people quite often in Dawson. It's part of the modus operandi there. You gotta love the bully stares from some of the men. Even some of the older ones who should know better. Makes you wonder how they treat the women in their lives??? But that's part of what has made the place so 'great'. It's really thriving (not).
What is turboprop? If we're talking about a "social club", I've been the subject of the "stare" from men who didnt have the courage to actually speak and announce what club they belong to. and it does make you wonder what home life is for the families. I had a man with an ss tatoo on his elbow give the stare to my grandson, he's EIGHT YEARS OLD>I would guess since their homes are filled with hatred they raise some sweet kids.Yes, grown men acting like 2 year olds. I guess the stare is supposed to be really scarey. I fear God, not them. And I would be curious to know how many times God's will has had the confederate flag flying at half mast since 06.If I were some, I'd be soul searching and looking to God, not mocking Him. God may not be through.

“Watch Out!”

Since: Jul 09

Dawson Springs, KY

#93 Jan 17, 2010
Dragonfly wrote:
<quoted text>
permanent teachers who are black. the issue isnt a cute remark. the issue is i know of a black lady who is a substitute teacher. she wont teach in dawson, she's not welcome. that's the issue, but it apparently doesnt matter to you. it does to some of the people who live here.
I know what you mean. Through all 13 years of attending Dawson School, I have not once been teached by a black teacher. The only blacks that I remember were students. Dee & Olivia Bell & Beatrice Freeze. That was when I was in middle school though, during the high school years there was no blacks on campus. It kinda makes you wonder why Oliver's Restaurant went out of business. I haven't seen Ro Bell in Dawson in a very long time or her column in the Dawson Paper.

In fact I don't even think that there is any black residents who live here in Dawson anymore like there used to be. There's been a couple of black people who has lived across the street from me recently but was forced to move out. I think that's really wrong. Maybe it's because most black people are hell of alot hotter then most white people.
Plain Truth

Versailles, KY

#94 Jan 19, 2010
Before you drag the Bell family into this stupid discussion - the family closed their restaurant and moved back to Texas due to Oliver's health concerns. You don't see Ro around town much because she travels a great deal visiting family in Texas and here and there. I would say Ro Bell does whatever Ro Bell wants to do. And I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that a family was "run out of town". If someone left it was on their own accord. Everyone wants to believe that the Charleston Klan group has some hold on Dawson Springs...and that is exactly what they want you to think and say. They're finished, they know it, and they continually grasp at straws for attention. And everyone enables it.
Hendersonville

United States

#95 Jan 19, 2010
Oh, but people have been.. although it appears that it is often made to look like it was their "choice". Has nothing to do with the Klan. And there isn't much enabling of the Klan going on really. Perhaps trying to make it look like folks are blaming the Klan when they aren't to confuse the issues?
PRIDE

Owensboro, KY

#96 Jan 22, 2010
Just because there is more white people than black peope in Dawson we are racist? We drive black people out? We live close to the klan so we are all racist? It is stupid people who assome and gossip that starts bad things to good people. As far as I know this is America and eveyone is welcome anywhere. Yes this is a small town to much gossip gets started real quick but to say some hurtful things about Dawson and you dont know eveybody who lives there is just stupid!!! Every race has a joke about every race, black people make jokes about white people, mexicans joke about black people and white people joke about mexicans , so everyone is a racist? Get a grip and stop watching TV. If yall are so concerened about it advertise and invite different races to live in Dawson. Let everyone (BACK,MEXICANS,ASIAN,BRITS,ETC ...)know how nice it is to live here.
Dig deeper

United States

#97 Jan 22, 2010
Stop watching TV??? No, people aren't necessarily racist because of numbers in any given location. Can't blame the Klan for everything either.
kill to protect FAMILY

Clifty, KY

#98 Jan 31, 2010
Turboprop wrote:
Dawson Springs totally sucks. Your incest, the kkk, child molesters, morons everywhere. Did all of you escape from outwood?
everyone has a choice to go where they want . so you can choose to not come around dawson....
Hville

United States

#99 Feb 5, 2010
Apparently that's what the vast majority of people have done.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101 Aug 5, 2010
faith wrote:
Yes, We have nothing here but the school, Dollar Store, and 2 grocery stores. I have lived here all my life. The town people do not want anything here at all. I would like to see more business people come to our little town. We wamt things here BUT are leaders do not. It is a good town to live in. It ahs always had drugs here. They do not
bother me and I do not want them. We do have a lto of people that love our town. The older people die I do not think we will have anything here. If the school goes that is it. Help us all!! All towns are in trouble. Gays and drugs, beer and all.Dawson Springs is just like other places. I have lived here and I am not scared to live here like I would other places.
We try to help people here in our town with food, and other needs. JOBS I need a job. I work a job in another town. All town are in this shape. NO jobs out there.
I would like to move south BUT look at them NOW!! Flooded!!! Samll town life!!! We have plenty of churchs like all town do. Go!!!
We have plenty to do here in our town as far as community stuff.
I hope your not trying to sell that crap to a business cause it sucked. I live in this town also and there is one this for entertainment. we have a DQ, ms becky's place which the food sucks and the other one across the bridge. dollar store and 2 food stores and and a bunch of government apts. yes most of the people in this town is on disability and alot of the people from my generation has left this town for better way of life and to raise their kids. Who in the hell would want to raise their kids in a poor town where there is nothing of kids to do except go on drugs and rob the stores. This town has nothing and will never be anything more than a hole in the wall and to retire to and die. When the towns people decide to elect people who want this place to grow, then and only then with the change happen.
Andrea

Hopkinsville, KY

#102 Aug 5, 2010
Turn This Mutha Out wrote:
The place sucks. I lived there for years and I hate the place. So guess what? I packed my crap and moved, problem solved. I have friends there and I don't care to say I'm from there but I just hate driving 20 miles out of my way to buy groceries, I hate the school it is outdated and behind, and the town is depressing as hell. Not all the people are bad I have lots of friends and family there its just one of those little towns that everyone knows when everyone else took their last crap. Like mentioned above just move if you don't like it and all your problems are solved.
The school is outdated and behind? The buildings were outdated, but are undergoing a massive renovation. The new and updated facilities are now in better condition than most of the schools in the surrounding area. And I wonder why you think the school system is behind? Academically speaking, Dawson Elementary and Middle are rated far above almost every school in the county. The High School was rated as a top high school in the state. Testing scores are higher here. Behavior referals are lower. The curriculum is more extensive and overall student standards are higher. It is true that many people are disappointed in the performance of some of the school's sports teams, but that is something that often happens in independent and small school systems. However, we have had several athletes that have held state records. All in all, the school provides what it needs.
granny

Beaver Dam, KY

#103 Aug 6, 2010
You all sure have a warped view of the world. Either Dawson Springs is the worst place in the world, or the best place in the world. Did you ever stop to think that maybe you could make a difference in the way things are instead of bad mouthing all the people here? When is the last time you have ever put aside your prejudices and helped your neighbor? Dawson is just a town like any other small town. Our economy is bad, but so is everyone else's. I get frustrated with things here, too. That is part of life. We don't have the worst people or the best people. We are all just trying to get along in life. As for the KKK, most of us wouldn't choose to have them right outside our city. That is why when they give out literature, they are virtually ignored. But I know that positive beats negative any day, so get an attitude adjustment!
granny

Beaver Dam, KY

#104 Aug 6, 2010
Right turn wrote:
I don't know what men you are talking about...must be some of the druggies who moved in in the past few years. There are some good, Godly men in Dawson, and they treat their wives just fine. Why can't you understand that no place is all bad or all good? You people want perfection. Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawkins and Menser boys 3 hr Just wondering 8
Tracey Shelton 13 hr Friend of hers 4
looking to find dani 14 hr Big_doggie_dog 3
Danna Denton (Jan '13) 15 hr Big_doggie_dog 3
who is Jason hilt 21 hr Jason hilt 9
Mark Menser (Oct '11) Sat dummie 18
Anthony Rawlins Sat Heidi 3
More from around the web

Dawson Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE