What do you think of the new Dollar S...

What do you think of the new Dollar Store that's being built?

Created by Dollar Me on Nov 23, 2012

18 votes

Click on an option to vote

Great

Good

Don't like it

Hate it

Don't care either way

Dollar Me

Philpot, KY

#1 Nov 23, 2012
I can't wait!
Sally

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Where is it going up at?
dang

Madisonville, KY

#3 Nov 24, 2012
supposed to be to the left of Hayes hardware..in july
who cares

Madisonville, KY

#4 Nov 24, 2012
As long as they have the same managers and employees who really cares. Every time I go into that place, there is a line to the back of the store waiting to check out. There is only 1 cashier and the rest are either on the phone, outside smoking or trying their best to look like they are doing something.
dang

Madisonville, KY

#5 Nov 25, 2012
Well hopefully they hire new people and the store is ran better. I know what you mean..the store is ridiculous right now.
Dollar Me

Philpot, KY

#6 Nov 25, 2012
13 new people are going to be hired according to the paper.
fireman

Madisonville, KY

#8 Nov 25, 2012
Need to fire 99% of the current employees or the bad actions will rub off on the new employees. The manager and assistant manager are the key to the store operating like it should. The managers need to do thier job and the rest will fall into place. Good luck to the new store. It can be a great thing for Dawson Springs. God knows we need good things to come to this town instead of dope heads and these worthless people that are on welfare that can get out there and work just as good or better than I can. The only thing wrong with most of these people is that they are just fucking lazy pieces of shit. Get a freaking job and make the world a better place!!!!!!!!!
Dollar Me

Philpot, KY

#9 Nov 25, 2012
fireman wrote:
Need to fire 99% of the current employees or the bad actions will rub off on the new employees. The manager and assistant manager are the key to the store operating like it should. The managers need to do thier job and the rest will fall into place. Good luck to the new store. It can be a great thing for Dawson Springs. God knows we need good things to come to this town instead of dope heads and these worthless people that are on welfare that can get out there and work just as good or better than I can. The only thing wrong with most of these people is that they are just fucking lazy pieces of shit. Get a freaking job and make the world a better place!!!!!!!!!
Not all of the workers are bad down there.
Dollar Me

Philpot, KY

#10 Nov 25, 2012
This is what I think about the whole "let's complain about the employee's deal." If you have a beef, call their corporate office and complain on them otherwise don't worry about it. I'd like to see some of the people in this town work in that place and deal with what they deal with on a daily basis, rude and hateful people and work overload included.
shovel ready

Madisonville, KY

#11 Nov 25, 2012
fireman wrote:
they are obama's people.. multi-colored, on welfare and won't work.
Currently working

Philpot, KY

#12 Dec 1, 2012
I wouldn't recommend for your dog to work down there.
Han Solo

United States

#13 Dec 6, 2012
We'll call it The Dawson Mall!
Really

Pembroke, KY

#14 Dec 8, 2012
My opinion the manager and assistant manager both need to b fired now and definitely does not need to work at the new one. The manager is so rude and hateful and all the assistant does is stay on the phone
Currently working

Philpot, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Really wrote:
My opinion the manager and assistant manager both need to b fired now and definitely does not need to work at the new one. The manager is so rude and hateful and all the assistant does is stay on the phone
I agree--but nothing will be done unless you go to www.dollargeneral.com and contact corporate. Unless you do that, you can forget about it changing because it won't.
Currently working

Philpot, KY

#16 Dec 9, 2012
http://www2.dollargeneral.com/Customer-Care-C...

This is their contact form, you want stuff to change, let them know.
Dink

United States

#17 Dec 11, 2012
I hope we get a new dollar store that is built with decent siding and no junk. It looks terrible and it needs to be kept cleaner around the parking area and walkway. It looks trashy!
Dink

United States

#18 Dec 11, 2012
shovel ready wrote:
<quoted text> they are obama's people.. multi-colored, on welfare and won't work.
That was a ridiculous comment. It's people like you that create war among race.
U know

Eddyville, KY

#19 Dec 25, 2012
I think its wonderful. Will be great for dawson springs. :)
employee

Miami, FL

#20 Apr 15, 2013
The new store is on hold for awhile. Don't know the reason yet. We are still getting a new store it just won't b this July. As far as the workers some do the best they can. Its hard when u have a high volume store with very little payroll. Most of the time that store gets less than 200hrs a wk. 2trucks,opened 15hrs a day
You do the math. Its not that easy. 2 registers don't work. That's why they only have 2 going. I'm proudof them all. GREAT JOB EMPLOYEES!!!
employee

United States

#21 Apr 15, 2013
Really wrote:
well I'm an assistant manager and you won't find me on the phone or outside smoking or even in the stockroom. I'm on the sales floor 99% of the time.if I'm on the phone its usually with a customer. I try my best to put customers first. We don't get enough payroll for the store. Just bare with us it will get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lacey jones 1 hr Observation 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr DammFoolz 623
Brett sherrill 3 hr Hoe 8
Alex Beecham 3 hr Alex Beecham 6
where is a good place to eat 4 hr Chef 3
Austin bennett 22 hr special 1
tradewater May 27 get a life 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawson Springs Mortgages