Slander Charges on TOPIX
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Real Talk

White Plains, KY

#1 Oct 21, 2010
Did u know that u can press charges on someone for slander on TOPIX. All u do id contact the Ombudsman and they will put a tracer and track to whosever computer slandered u.
Kim sisk

United States

#2 Oct 21, 2010
Its the truth i have them doing it 4 me right now lmbo
countrygirl

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2010
u go girl ppl them ppl need to b put in their place
Legally

United States

#4 Oct 21, 2010
Yep, that's true, BUT everyone should look up the TRUE definition of slander! Namecalling is NOT slander. Slander is when when you post something on the internet that is NOT true (an actual event like 'so an so screwed the principal') It is your responsibility to prove that isn't true in order to prosecute (unless you are a minor in which case ANYBODY can be prosecuted for even saying your name on public domain)
Someone can get on here and tell their 'opinion' of someone else without fear!
I am a paralegal with a lawfirm in Hopkinsville. If anyone on this site has ACTUAL slander charges to pursue, leave me your name and number for further details. I cannot post my identity on a public domain due to my proffesion.
yelp

Earlington, KY

#5 Oct 21, 2010
Legally wrote:
Yep, that's true, BUT everyone should look up the TRUE definition of slander! Namecalling is NOT slander. Slander is when when you post something on the internet that is NOT true (an actual event like 'so an so screwed the principal') It is your responsibility to prove that isn't true in order to prosecute (unless you are a minor in which case ANYBODY can be prosecuted for even saying your name on public domain)
Someone can get on here and tell their 'opinion' of someone else without fear!
I am a paralegal with a lawfirm in Hopkinsville. If anyone on this site has ACTUAL slander charges to pursue, leave me your name and number for further details. I cannot post my identity on a public domain due to my proffesion.
Due to your profession, or lack threrof, you can not give legal advice, either. Yet you have. Hencefore, you might need to discover the legal defitions between libal and slander, also. Just saying.
With that being sad, yes this site needs to be shut down.
Legally

United States

#6 Oct 21, 2010
You are correct, libel would be the correct term for the 'internet' or written for of slander, but it is all the same thing and a defamation of character.
It is my job to investigate these public sites and report who is causing such problems as the earlier post today that caused someone to attempt suicide. I have not nor have I offered to give legal advice, but if someone here wants to proceed with a petion to the courts, I can, however, refer them to the lawfirm I work for.
Hencefore, I am only doing my job.
ComeBack

United States

#7 Oct 21, 2010
Legally wrote:
You are correct, libel would be the correct term for the 'internet' or written for of slander, but it is all the same thing and a defamation of character.
It is my job to investigate these public sites and report who is causing such problems as the earlier post today that caused someone to attempt suicide. I have not nor have I offered to give legal advice, but if someone here wants to proceed with a petion to the courts, I can, however, refer them to the lawfirm I work for.
Hencefore, I am only doing my job.
How do you expect anyone to confide in a ghost? You are no different than the rest of these keyboard bandits.Where's your name-how can you be contacted?What lawfirm will persue this?Something needs to be done to stop these idiots from destroying peoples lives.
Legally

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Oct 21, 2010
I am unauthorized to post my name and/or firm on this public domain, however I assure you that with or without help from the community, we are pursuing these people abusing this social tool. It takes longer to collect the evidence without contacts in the community and I was only encouraging people to step foward in assistance. It isn't necessary for anyone to post any personal/contact info here, but it does help.
People are attempting and commiting suicide because of these sites. It is my job only to investigate and take my findings to the courts. I regret that someone like me, who can't post personal information due to profession, can't be trusted, but I assure you I am only here doing my job to help your community.
ComeBack

United States

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Legally wrote:
I am unauthorized to post my name and/or firm on this public domain, however I assure you that with or without help from the community, we are pursuing these people abusing this social tool. It takes longer to collect the evidence without contacts in the community and I was only encouraging people to step foward in assistance. It isn't necessary for anyone to post any personal/contact info here, but it does help.
People are attempting and commiting suicide because of these sites. It is my job only to investigate and take my findings to the courts. I regret that someone like me, who can't post personal information due to profession, can't be trusted, but I assure you I am only here doing my job to help your community.
I wish you the best of luck and hope that what you say is true.I hope that you look into the comments that have been made towards those people that have been pushed to the point of giving up on life.I hope they are punished to the fullest extent of the law and then some.GOOD-LUCK,I can't wait to see some of these people exposed for who they really are.
Legally

Pflugerville, TX

#10 Oct 21, 2010
I am working on quiet a few posts from your community, have been at it all day. As I said before, it takes time, but these people/kids will be eventually revealed and prosecuted, along with their legal guardians. This site is for adults only and any minors using this site will only cause a lawsuit for their parents or guardians.
I hope that the ADULTS in the community will begin to understand they are responsible for what these kids are saying about other people! Maybe then, they will restrict all use of this website to their children, which are the majority of the problem from my findings so far.
ComeBack

United States

#11 Oct 21, 2010
Legally wrote:
I am working on quiet a few posts from your community, have been at it all day. As I said before, it takes time, but these people/kids will be eventually revealed and prosecuted, along with their legal guardians. This site is for adults only and any minors using this site will only cause a lawsuit for their parents or guardians.
I hope that the ADULTS in the community will begin to understand they are responsible for what these kids are saying about other people! Maybe then, they will restrict all use of this website to their children, which are the majority of the problem from my findings so far.
Please keep looking because as sad as it is to say,there are alot of so called adults that are guilty.What could we, as concerned citizens,do to help?
Legally

Pflugerville, TX

#12 Oct 21, 2010
Spread the news that it is a FACT that not only are these posts tracable to the computer they are posted from, but most importantly, defamation of character or slander/libel IS a crime punishable by law. People held accountable, whether it be the children, guardians or adults posting slander, will not only face criminal charges, but also court costs, pain and suffering to the slandered as well as possible jail time. This is NO joking matter! Across america hundreds of people are attempting and committing suicide because of this site.
To help, every time you come across a post that is harmful to another person, post there and tell them what the outcome will be. On the other hand, I have found that it is useful for people to avoid this site all together. The more people posting only adds fuel to the fire. None the less, Dawson Springs forum is under investigation and ANYONE posting harmful posts WILL be caught.
I also just recieved word that the PNTF (drug task force) are also into this site. Spread the news.
Thank you for your support! I hope to come across more genuinely concearned people in your community.
Illegal

White Plains, KY

#13 Oct 22, 2010
Legally wrote:
Spread the news that it is a FACT that not only are these posts tracable to the computer they are posted from, but most importantly, defamation of character or slander/libel IS a crime punishable by law. People held accountable, whether it be the children, guardians or adults posting slander, will not only face criminal charges, but also court costs, pain and suffering to the slandered as well as possible jail time. This is NO joking matter! Across america hundreds of people are attempting and committing suicide because of this site.
To help, every time you come across a post that is harmful to another person, post there and tell them what the outcome will be. On the other hand, I have found that it is useful for people to avoid this site all together. The more people posting only adds fuel to the fire. None the less, Dawson Springs forum is under investigation and ANYONE posting harmful posts WILL be caught.
I also just recieved word that the PNTF (drug task force) are also into this site. Spread the news.
Thank you for your support! I hope to come across more genuinely concearned people in your community.
You're a dumbass. Legal I hope you hang yourself. Please add me to your special investigation of Topix. How long do I have before you come pick me up? See ya soon.
crystal

Henderson, KY

#14 Oct 22, 2010
Well, it would be hard to do that. People use public computers and wi-fi. Several people use off of our wireless internet. That would be a lot of leg workfor nothing. Unless the person they are talking about is actually gonna persue charges, then what is the point? Even if they do, nothing much will come of it. I have been talked about pretty bad on here, but i am not gonna try and commit suicide over it, that is ridiculous. If they would do it over this then they would do it over facebook, myspace, or because someone looked at them wrong. Seriously, this is as silly as the comments that people are saying.
Legally

Pflugerville, TX

#15 Oct 22, 2010
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I am afraid it is a bit more complicated than ONLY finding out which computer posted these posts. There are many other ways we, myself and the tech department, can track where a post comes from. I'm sorry that not only do you not have faith in someone trying to HELP your community, but also that you believe this is not a serious crime. There are good people in your community that do want this stopped and sceptical or not, I will continue to do my job. Obviously, every case will not be solved, but in a community where this is happening so much, it might be better to work toward a solution instead of being part of the problem.
vickie barnett

Rantoul, IL

#16 Oct 22, 2010
i for one am not afraid to post my name since what i have to say i could very well say it to ur face. i think its sad that teens r being attacked on this site. teens have enough problems without hearing all kinds of crap about them on the internet.where r these kids parents and dont they know its plain stupid. i for one think it needs to be shut down for no good can come attacking people and rom what iv seen thats all this is. SHUT IT DOWN
Illegal

White Plains, KY

#17 Oct 24, 2010
Legally wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I am afraid it is a bit more complicated than ONLY finding out which computer posted these posts. There are many other ways we, myself and the tech department, can track where a post comes from. I'm sorry that not only do you not have faith in someone trying to HELP your community, but also that you believe this is not a serious crime. There are good people in your community that do want this stopped and sceptical or not, I will continue to do my job. Obviously, every case will not be solved, but in a community where this is happening so much, it might be better to work toward a solution instead of being part of the problem.
If you have a tech department I have three balls.(can I be charged by your special investigations team, the PNTF, DSPD, or KSP for saying that?) By your post I have determined you are a large unemployed female, divorced (at least once), and have at least one developmentally challenged (retard) child.Take care of your tard and stay off of the computer.

“Prove what you post”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#18 Oct 24, 2010
vickie barnett wrote:
i for one am not afraid to post my name since what i have to say i could very well say it to ur face. i think its sad that teens r being attacked on this site. teens have enough problems without hearing all kinds of crap about them on the internet.where r these kids parents and dont they know its plain stupid. i for one think it needs to be shut down for no good can come attacking people and rom what iv seen thats all this is. SHUT IT DOWN
I agree, this needs to be shut down. Hell just a short time ago someone going by imoa started trashing someone and calling them nasty names and all this person said was, prove this person was what they was saying. they never posted any proof what they were saying and all the victim said was,"cant back up what your saying so there for anything you say has no value. Your worthless and god should have never let you take that second breath when they were born. do everyone a favor and go blow your brains out and stop wasting space. the victim told them if you want to be remembered in this life, use the forums to do good, but if all your gonna do is say crap you cant back up with proof then you dont deserve anything more than the victim saying a prayer every night hoping you dont wake up the next morning.
I agreed with the victim and what she had to say. No one deserves to have lies made up about them and no one should take what anyone says as face value. If your gonna post it then I want to see any proof backing what is said or Im not posting anything about the topix. Im guilty of talking what's being said as facts and going along with it only to find out later, it was all lies...Im not doing that anymore. I hope everyone will start asking people who post rumors and trash are told to prove it and if they dont dont reply to that person or anything they post.
Miss T

White Plains, KY

#19 Oct 24, 2010
Yea, I think its messed up that this one trashy bitch puts her name on topix as her real name on a bunch of shit and then changes it alot on other comments so that people think she doesn't do it. Destiny, everybody has saw what you wrote, you are such a woman, why don't you meet me somewhere and say it to my face, I will yours, I swear. No police involved on my part. I want you to stop lying on here and meet me and SAY IT TO MY FACE COWARDLY ASS BITCH!
Mia

White Plains, KY

#20 Oct 26, 2010
How's the TOPIX investigation coming along.I haven't heard of anyone being arrested by the tech team yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milfs of Webster County 1 hr Webber 2
whats a juggaho (Jun '11) 2 hr y'all stupid 83
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 23 hr Groot 757
Finding old friend Sat Bestie 4
Meth.dealers Fri GURU 7
Info on the Kkk in Dawson Springs (Apr '16) Fri Fffffffffffffffffffu 7
Krista Pearl Huddleston (Sep '13) Apr 19 Hey 5

Dawson Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawson Springs Mortgages