First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Payn the water bill

White Plains, KY

#1 Jul 21, 2011
Anyone know why no charges were filed for stealing from the city?
Buzz

Calhoun, KY

#2 Jul 21, 2011
What is he accused of stealing?
Just Saying

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2011
Payn the water bill wrote:
Anyone know why no charges were filed for stealing from the city?
You may want to wait for all the facts are in, good way to get your butt sued.
buzz

White Plains, KY

#4 Jul 21, 2011
this weeks paper front page says
Just Saying

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2011
Buzz you may want to reread it.
Payn the water bill

Murray, KY

#6 Jul 22, 2011
John McChesney suspended and Jack Thomas terminated...
Buzz

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jul 23, 2011
little buzz, I read the paper and I have my own theory about this mess. McChesney and Thomas are nearing retirement age. They have lots of time in with the city. So what better way to avoid the citiy's obligation to them than charge them with stealing something. Then Mayor can put in a "retired" jail guard and a school teacher who will be gone in a month, neither having any experience with the street department. I would say that Joe Roberts, Mike Baxter, and Chief Crider better stay on their toes.
haha

White Plains, KY

#8 Jul 23, 2011
Sounds like you're some Dawson Springs government conspiracy theorist. They can't just randomly charge them with something because they want to get rid of them. There is obviously evidence against them or that wouldn't have happened. Also I don't believe you'll have to worry about the new replacements, working for the street department probably isn't rocket science so I'm sure the new replacements will do just fine. "Just Saying", this is Dawson Springs you're talking about, the most they probably could get out of a person here wouldn't even cover court costs probably, so it'd just be a waste of time and money.
Buzz

White Plains, KY

#9 Jul 26, 2011
Conspiracy theorist? LOL its obvious you listen to way too much liberal news media. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to wonder about why things happen in Dawson Springs government. Lets look at what has happened just recently. There was a $3 increase in the garbage pick-up fees and a reduction in what they will pick up. Mayor ross said the increase would allow the city to do away with the city stickers. That's a good thing, but I have my sticker and i am stuck with the $3 also. Those who didn't buy a sticker now don't have to worry about being stopped. Do i get my sticker money back? Yeah right. The mayor puts a new dumpster behind the city garage to receive those things they will no longer pick up. Then they do away with the dumpster and tell us we can always take it to the Convenience Center. NOw we have Rhonda Mills pushing some sort of recycling dumpsters. The more they try to make Dawson Springs a big city the more it reverts to a small pond with high minded fish.
haha

Centertown, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2011
My friend, that was sarcasm you hadn't sensed. You are being a little dramatic and making things bigger than they really are though. Three dollars is not the end of the world. You make it sound like the mayor and the city council is out to get us just because of two city workers that were charged with stealing and were fired/suspended. I can assure you and the citizens of Dawson that the mayor will not be putting us in death camps next, so you can sleep safely at night. Haha and as long as they don't steal anything from work I think the city employees above should keep their job with ease, and I'm sure they will.
Buzz

White Plains, KY

#11 Jul 26, 2011
Sarcasm was in both directions.
Steven

White Plains, KY

#12 Jul 26, 2011
John was still fuel to use on his farm. Everyone in town knows that. He has been stealing for along time. Jack was helping hisself to parts to cars and trucks. Parts that he could rehaul and sell and use hisself.
Steven

White Plains, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2011
Stealing fuel is what i meant to say. He stole fuel for awhile before the city found out about it.
Citizen of Dawson Springs

White Plains, KY

#14 Jul 27, 2011
I think that anyone who has stolen from the city deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. These individuals have cost the taxpayers in this city far too much money. All the increases in taxes and the employees of the city who get the minimal wages have all been because of these thefts. The City hopefully will begin saving some money and thus saving it's citizens money as well.

The increase on the water bill which was addressed in a newspaper article was for the wages of the street department if I remember correctly oh and to offset City Stickers for 2012 NOT 2011.

The decrease in what was going to be picked up was addressed in the letter that every hosuehold in Dawson received stating that a new trash truck was purchased and in order to keep the truck in good shape there would be no pick up for furniture and items that might damage the truck. The dumpster was put at the back of the street department building for collection of the unwanted furniture unfortunately as many people do it was taken advantage of and everyone was using it including contractors and citizens and out of county residents. The dumpster was put there for people who lived within city limits not every one in Hopkins, Christian, and Caldwell Counties. The cost of those dumpsters is not cheap so if you didn't want further increases on taxes or extra water bills then the best thing to do would be to get rid of it. Honestly, if you have a truck or vehicle to haul it to the street department building you should be able to take it out to the convience center.

I think that Mayor Ross Workman is doing a wonderful job and should keep up the good work. A lot of things are changing whether you notice it or not. I know I enjoy the city a lot more now that he is the mayor.
haha

Centertown, KY

#15 Jul 27, 2011
Citizen of Dawson Springs wrote:
I think that anyone who has stolen from the city deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. These individuals have cost the taxpayers in this city far too much money. All the increases in taxes and the employees of the city who get the minimal wages have all been because of these thefts. The City hopefully will begin saving some money and thus saving it's citizens money as well.
The increase on the water bill which was addressed in a newspaper article was for the wages of the street department if I remember correctly oh and to offset City Stickers for 2012 NOT 2011.
The decrease in what was going to be picked up was addressed in the letter that every hosuehold in Dawson received stating that a new trash truck was purchased and in order to keep the truck in good shape there would be no pick up for furniture and items that might damage the truck. The dumpster was put at the back of the street department building for collection of the unwanted furniture unfortunately as many people do it was taken advantage of and everyone was using it including contractors and citizens and out of county residents. The dumpster was put there for people who lived within city limits not every one in Hopkins, Christian, and Caldwell Counties. The cost of those dumpsters is not cheap so if you didn't want further increases on taxes or extra water bills then the best thing to do would be to get rid of it. Honestly, if you have a truck or vehicle to haul it to the street department building you should be able to take it out to the convience center.
I think that Mayor Ross Workman is doing a wonderful job and should keep up the good work. A lot of things are changing whether you notice it or not. I know I enjoy the city a lot more now that he is the mayor.
Well said!
Staying real

Shawnee, OK

#16 Jul 27, 2011
All I have to say is anyone who knows Jack Thomas and I mean really knows him he would give u the shirt off his back. I think people should really get the whole story before they start running there mouths. Dud u know that not all the council members were aware of this till after the fact that's why the last meeting was closed so the mayor could get everyone up to speed about what he had done. Not all the council members agree. If they really have proof I would like to know what it is cause if someone stole from me charges would b filed but the lovely mayor has decided not to for some reason so what's that say. I also know that this is not over and John and jack should not take this lying down. And for all if u trashing them maybe u should go to the next meeting and get the facts before u start trashing people and mayor workman I hope the city didn't pay for that vacation u took not two days after this happened. I guess it was to much for u to stay in town and discuss it with the other council members instead u took off and let them get blind sided.
Citizen

White Plains, KY

#17 Jul 28, 2011
Okay so here are the facts:

John McChesney and Jack Thomas no longer work for the city of Dawson Springs.

Dawson Springs Progress reports that the Kentucky State Police are investigating possible thefts occuring from the City of Dawson Springs.

That is pretty much everything that has been released in a public format so the whole story is not going to be told until this problem is solved. There is no reason to get on here arguing over what type of person these people are or anything else. What it boils down to is that they no longer work for the city because they were suspected/proven to be stealing from the city.

Kentucky is an "At Will" employer so they could have fired these two at any time regardless and there is nothing that could be done so obviously they have something or they wouldn't be throwing out there the information about the theft from the city since that is slander and would open up a lawsuit.

Staying Real, unless you are the Mayor of Dawson Springs, which I doubt since you are in Oklahoma you do not even know the whole story, you only know what you have been told just like everyone else.
Happy go lucky

Shawnee, OK

#18 Jul 28, 2011
How do u know where staying real is I'm pretty sure they r from Dawson.
haha

Centertown, KY

#19 Jul 28, 2011
Happy go lucky wrote:
How do u know where staying real is I'm pretty sure they r from Dawson.
You're the same person.....
Buzz

White Plains, KY

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Oh, they sent us a letter so don't worry, be happy. We are paying for a new garbage truck but can't use it to pick up trash. The city employees can't pick up a garbage can if it is over 40 gal.(It was 30 until the mayor realized his can was 40 gal.) We have a dumpster behind the city building, uh, wait. No we don't. Too many people were using it. If you can get it to the dumpster you can carry it on tho the convenience center.And if I don't like it I better just keep quiet or I'll be paying even more.
Then comes the campaign speech:
I think that Mayor Ross Workman is doing a wonderful job and should keep up the good work. A lot of things are changing whether you notice it or not. I know I enjoy the city a lot more now that he is the mayor."
Ok assuming Jack and john were stealing from the city and costing us so much money, Then maybe Mayor Ross should be fired for stealing also. Have you seen how he drives around town in his truck? If he got stopped by the PD every time he runs the stop signs the town would be in great shape financially.I do see a lot of things changing in Dawson Springs but it depends on who is doing the talking whether the changes are good. Slapping paint on a delapidated building is not change. Asking building owners to put pretty displays in their storefront windows is not change, the building is still empty.
The same people have been saying the same things for years and nothing really changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating at City Hall? 5 hr hector 2
Whos this robyn frailey chick (Oct '10) 5 hr her neighbor 23
Clayton Quisenberry 18 hr Woohoo 17
News Hopkins Co. School Board tables utility tax vote 18 hr Ed Davis 1
Larry crisp Sun his neighbor 4
Soooooo Dec 8 Black cock down 7
Sarah pepper Dec 8 A Dam Card Right 11

Dawson Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance