Jane

Scottsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Just purchased Cinderella Peanut Butter in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee in July 2012. Best ever!!!
Sara

Cullowhee, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Suzi wrote:
My 2 aunts lived in Dawson from the 1930s until the 1970s. They used to buy Cinderella Peanut Butter for us until the late 1960s when the company started packing the peanut butter for the military. I remember the peanut butter being sold in the stores in the early 1960s. They had a picture of a fairy on the labels. I bought a lid off ebay a few years ago, paid about $20 for it. It is red and white, has a fairy on it waving a wand over a peanut, says Cinderella Foods and Dawson, Georgia on it. Had it framed and it hangs in my kitchen. I remember Cinderella peanut butter as tasting very good and, more importantly, because it reminds me of my 2 lovely aunts, Mrs. Mildred Grimes and Mrs. Evelyn Fleming.
My family lived in the Dawson area for years and years and years. I was just a little girl then. My daddy used to drive a Cinderella Peanut Butter truck. I think he delivered to stores. I'm not sure at this late date. In fact, I was born in Dawson and lived there until I turned 5 years old. I'm much, much, much older now.
Bill

Melbourne Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

In the mid 1960's I worked for Stevens Industries who produced Cinderella Peanut Butter. They had contracts to provide it for the military as well as schools. Was the largest producer in the US. There was an article in Readers Digest about how the soldiers would light the oil on top of the peanut butter C Rations to heat their coffee. Because the government required that the PB be 90% plus pure peanuts, there was oil at the top of the can. Mr. Williams, the owner of Stevens was furious that they used the Peanut Butter for this purpose. I reminded him that because of the military, he was the largest producer of PB. He seemed OK with that.
H Lunsford

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Honeymuffin wrote:
Oh yeah, I meant to say that the people who lived in this house had been here since 1966. So that would make sense that my can would be from the Vietnam War times.
Ah, memories! Memories of peanuts late in the afternoon especially. The smell was still in the air a couple of weeks ago when I drove through my home town.

The peanut butter plant opened along about.... oh, 1946. It produced four brands, Cinderella being the most known.(What were the other three brands?) Yes, there was a military contract for once in about 1964 when I was officer of the day in Germany, and had to take my meals in an army mess hall, there was a large # 10 can of peanut butter from Dawson on the table!
That brought back that certain peanut smell mentioned above. In high school I worked in my father's warehouse not two blocks away from Steven's Industries.
H Lunsford

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Suzi in Macon: I remember your aunts; esp my 7th grade teacher. She lived down the street towards the school on the corner.

Harlan Lunsford
Sara

Franklin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

H Lunsford wrote:
Suzi in Macon: I remember your aunts; esp my 7th grade teacher. She lived down the street towards the school on the corner.
Harlan Lunsford
Penny Lunsford related to you Harlan?
Harlan Lunsford

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Yes, Sarah in NC. She is my sister, five years younger. You may remember me as "Pal".
kathy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

cinderella peanut butter is made by American Blanching Co. in Fitzgerald GA
Sara in NC

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Harlan Lunsford wrote:
Yes, Sarah in NC. She is my sister, five years younger. You may remember me as "Pal".
Don't know how old you are but my sister and Penny were friends in Dawson and my sister is 4 years older than me but she also remembered you. Small world, huh? Were are you living now and where and how is Penny.
Aubrey Anne

Byesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

We can get it in drygood salvage stores in Ohio from time to time. It is the BEST pb I have ever eaten. When I find it I buy every jar i can get my hands on.
rickjatyahoo

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

we use to live in subic bay p. i. in 1962-1964 . and the navy commissary sold them , I still have the jars with the metal tops says on side silver with blue lettering manufactured by Cinderella foods, Dawson ,Ga. top Cinderella peanut butter ingredients: peanuts, dextrose, mono; and diglycerides , salt net wt. 18 oz ( exactly as is on metal top.) glass clear with marks on side 1 1/4, to 1/3 ,1/4 cup bottom 1017 glass blower mark and 12 this is 15 on different jar
Ray

Duquesne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

I just tried to have some Cinderella pb on my waffles. I was the worst tasting crap ever.! My two dogs would not even try it. Them smelled it on a spoon and sneezed and walked away like I gave them repellant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dawson Discussions

Search the Dawson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min jeb stuart 49,602
white acre peas (Jun '10) Jul 21 Beth Rode 16
ashleigh polston (Sep '08) Jul 21 jimmy 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Augusta Commissioners begin city administrator ... Jul 11 Diason 1
Ben Hill Co. VFD hosts water drive Jul 6 Get educated 3
Man arrested third time for stalking (Jul '09) Jul 1 screwed it up 26
•••
•••
•••
Dawson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dawson Jobs

•••