Livingston, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2006

Judged:

I used to get Cinderella Peanut Butter from the Dawson area growing up. Is there still any in production somewhere? The plant I remember looked deserted the last time I drove by. When did that close down?
Thanks
hdwhit

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2007

picmajik wrote:
I used to get Cinderella Peanut Butter from the Dawson area growing up. Is there still any in production somewhere? The plant I remember looked deserted the last time I drove by. When did that close down?
Thanks
Angelfood Ministries ( http://www.angelfoodministries.com ) distributed 10 ounce jars of Cinderella brand peanut butter as part of its March 2007 shipment. According to the label on the jar, it was packed by American Blanching Company. That's all I know about it except for the fact it was very good.
dgw

Byromville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

The old Cinderella Peanut Butter plant is now occupied by Golden Peanut Company. The company just did a $18-20 million investment and is now refining its own peanut oil. The company no longer produces the Cinderella Peanut Butter in Dawson and they will be demolishing the old facility soon as the new facility is up and running.
Honeymuffin

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

We just moved to another house this summer, and were digging around in the attic today. We just found a can of Cinderella Peanut Butter, 1.5 oz. from Dawson, Georgia. The can has not been opened. Wow, I wonder how old this thing is??
Linda Horsley

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

picmajik wrote:
Thanks
The plant closed back in the early 1980. It was sold the and rthe new owners chose not to produce peanut butter. I worked there during the summer months when I was in highschool.
BARNEY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

I lived in Dawson between 1975-1978. Loved the smell of peanut butter in the air when they were producing it. If I'm not mistaken, Cinderella had a large military contract, and most of their product went to them. Anyone know about this?
Honeymuffin

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, I assumed my little can of peanut butter is a military ration. There is no date on it. Maybe it was from the Vietnam War then?
Honeymuffin

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Oh yeah, I meant to say that the people who lived in this house had been here since 1966. So that would make sense that my can would be from the Vietnam War times.
Sara McTier

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

I lived in Dawson in the early 70's and also remember the wonderful smell of peanuts cooking. I would LOVE to have another jar of Cinderella Peanut Butter.
Jody Michael Flournoy

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

picmajik wrote:
Thanks
The place has been closed for years and the building torn down!!!
Mike Grauer

Cancún, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

The C rations we had in 1968 contained a cracker ration with a small olive drao tin of Cinderella Foods PB. It was EXCEPTIONAL! It brought a bit of home to us!
Keyth

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Judged:

Can get cinderella peanut butter here where I'm at, how much you want.
Honeymuffin

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

really? you can get it ? I wonder why they don't sell it online then? Well Keyth, maybe you should start your own online sales of the peanut butter since it sounds like people would still want to buy it. You could sell the jars on ebay or something.:)
CLoso

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

I am craving for Cinderella Peanut Butter!! I have looked for it on the shelves in the 31601 area but... "ain't none!!" This peanut butter is the best I've ever tasted. Does anybody know where to find it?
Mom of 3 males

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

I took my kids to Plains Ga and had lunch at a place Jimmy Carter was supposed to have enjoyed. All 3 had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and said it was the best ever ! We went to a local grocery store and bought up a bunch. for a few years people would bring us some if they traveled north from Naples, Fl. Its a favorite childhood story.
Suzi

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

My 2 aunts lived in Dawson from the 1930s until the 1970s. They used to buy Cinderella Peanut Butter for us until the late 1960s when the company started packing the peanut butter for the military. I remember the peanut butter being sold in the stores in the early 1960s. They had a picture of a fairy on the labels. I bought a lid off ebay a few years ago, paid about $20 for it. It is red and white, has a fairy on it waving a wand over a peanut, says Cinderella Foods and Dawson, Georgia on it. Had it framed and it hangs in my kitchen. I remember Cinderella peanut butter as tasting very good and, more importantly, because it reminds me of my 2 lovely aunts, Mrs. Mildred Grimes and Mrs. Evelyn Fleming.
Mary Kay

Stow, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Keyth wrote:
Can get cinderella peanut butter here where I'm at, how much you want.
Hi I too grew up with Cinderella peanut butter, my grandparents had it on their shelves every visit and the summers I spent with them. If fact my grandfather actually worked security there for many years. I now live in the north and am unable to get it, I have even tried unsuccessfully to buy it from the Blanch Co. itself. Please get back to me about how I could get some of the wonderful peanut butter from you for myself and my extended family.
gary

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

As we speak I am enjoying a few Cinderella PB with some saltines, the production by American Blanching Co. of Fitzgerald Ga. 37150 is produced 12/28/10 and expires 6/28/12. Mighty good PB
Honeymuffin

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Ok it is still made in GA, and you guys are getting it in MO and MS ! I live a lot closer here in TN but I haven't seen it anywhere.
alex

Brasov, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Hey there ... I have this Penutbutter all the way in ROMANIA (Eastern Europe), i found it ata local Supermarket ( like Wallmart ).. It`s about 2.5 $/ jar .. it is produced by ""American Blanching Company ; Fitzgerald GA. 37150"" .... It is the best PB ever ( we have 2 version`s :)) one that is like cream , and one that is crunchy,with pieces of peanuts .
We have local companyes that produce PB , and a few more companies from the USA , butt this one is the best out there!!
Have a nice day !
Alex -
-ROMANIA - BRASOV -

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dawson Discussions

Search the Dawson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 22 min silverfox 50,298
Augusta Commissioners begin city administrator ... Wed albie 2
Man arrested third time for stalking (Jul '09) Jul 27 Lindsey 28
Brooks County body identified Jul 26 posteraro 1
white acre peas (Jun '10) Jul 21 Beth Rode 16
ashleigh polston (Sep '08) Jul 21 jimmy 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dawson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dawson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••