Davy school early 70's
Davy girl

Aurora, OH

#81 Nov 10, 2010
I went to Davy school in the 50"s. Not everyone from davy is or was a crackhead, just the fools that live there now. I believe there are still some good people in Davy ,just scared. Davy will always be my hometown. How many are out there that feels the same way. Would love to see her back the way she was in the 50's.
renee

United States

#82 Feb 16, 2011
my dad drove a bus in davy and my grandmother was a cook at the school. I still miss my elementary days
vernon ramey jr

Wake Forest, NC

#83 Feb 16, 2011
phyllis u there love to hear from u
WV GIRL

Richmond Hill, NY

#84 Feb 16, 2011
Don't care what anyone says. I am proud of my roots and grateful for the raisin' I got. Davy Elementary was filled with wonderful, caring teachers.
FormerBlackstone Girl

Mullens, WV

#85 Feb 17, 2011
Davy girl wrote:
I went to Davy school in the 50"s. Not everyone from davy is or was a crackhead, just the fools that live there now. I believe there are still some good people in Davy ,just scared. Davy will always be my hometown. How many are out there that feels the same way. Would love to see her back the way she was in the 50's.
Well I was born in 56, went to Davy school in the 60s. Loved it there even tho I was picked on by some, some liked me & I had lots of friends.I remember Mr Phipps, could hear him cough every morning as he went up to his car to head to school, some of my best teachers were Ms Gilley,Ms Bearre who's a White now & still living,Ms Scott who married Coach Williams, I wonder if any of you boys remember when yall got all of us girls paddled by Mr Pittsenberger for spraying perfume from some of our pocketbooks in his class while we were all upstairs in the bathroom? He was allegic to it.. We did have fun at school & we had a great janitor,Ray Morgan & the best cooks ever.. Ms Hill & Ms Helmandollar if I recall correctly.. I like Phyllis Mowdy have never did drugs, I get my high worshipping the Lord!!Best high anyone could ever ask for & it's free!!
janet gillespie

Lancaster, OH

#86 Feb 21, 2011
homesick wrote:
I would love to hear from some kids that were in Davy shcool in the early 70's.
i went there from 1968 to 1978
janet gillespie

Lancaster, OH

#87 Feb 21, 2011
well my name is janet gillespie i'm 47 years old and i went there at age 5 until 5th grade.i was born and raised there then i left to ohio in 78/79 i remember when the school burned down.ms gilley was my teacher and she was mean at time and she knew how to use the ruler.well if u know me i'm on facebook and myspace my email is [email protected] and i have couisons teddy and randy gillespie in davy to.
janet gillespie

Lancaster, OH

#88 Feb 21, 2011
WV GIRL wrote:
Don't care what anyone says. I am proud of my roots and grateful for the raisin' I got. Davy Elementary was filled with wonderful, caring teachers.
remember the music teacher mr.a
Strawberry Lady

Johnson City, TN

#89 Feb 23, 2011
Phyllis C Mowdy wrote:
I went to Davy School in the 60's and loved it. I would really love to hear from classmates. I have never done drugs but for the ones that have turned to this lifestyle I pray for them.
I went to Davy School in the 60's also it was a wonderful place to growup in! I remember when they closed down Asco + Big Jenny Schools sending a bunch of really good kids to Davy.But I was like most kids I couldn't wait to leave home & do my own thing. There are times I wish I could go back & do it all over again!My Dad was a good man& I misws him very much today!If you think real hard Phyllis you'll remember me.
FormerBlackstone Girl

Pineville, WV

#90 Feb 24, 2011
Strawberry Lady wrote:
<quoted text>I went to Davy School in the 60's also it was a wonderful place to growup in! I remember when they closed down Asco + Big Jenny Schools sending a bunch of really good kids to Davy.But I was like most kids I couldn't wait to leave home & do my own thing. There are times I wish I could go back & do it all over again!My Dad was a good man& I misws him very much today!If you think real hard Phyllis you'll remember me.
Phyllis, I don't have to think hard I know you & you know me. We're on F/B as friends & have something in common.I thought the world of your Mom,Dad, & family..
janet gillespie

Lancaster, OH

#91 Apr 4, 2011
i went to school there in the 70's i moved away the end of 79 and i was sad to see davy school burn up like that.my dad gon gillespie worked for the city of davy.remember bill jackson he was my uncle.teddy and ricky and randy gillespie and family should still live there.hes my couison.i heard my friend syioka shell died from choking on a piece of pork chops.my aunt is now married to oscar valentines.remember them and the harpers.
Tammy

Greensboro, NC

#92 Aug 15, 2011
I went to Davy school but only for a short time i was in the 5th grade when it burnt, I hated Hemphill. Does anyone remeber Mrs.Goodson she was my 4th grade teacher also mrs.Wingate I was sorry to hear she had passed away she really was a great teacher.Davy was a grat school to attend I dont remember any drugs at school then but that was a lifetime ago it seems.
still ticken

Bluefield, WV

#93 Aug 15, 2011
hazel goodson is doing great she will be 95 her next birthday her husband paul passed away at the age of 92. but as far as mrs goodson she still has "porkchop" the paddle in her closet. how many kids do you think she used it on???lol.
anna wesley

Princeton, WV

#94 Aug 15, 2011
i had mrs. goodson , mr. a my music teacher, mr. mullins was good pincple too. i had great memory of davy school. from k- 4grade .
just wondering

Bluefield, WV

#95 Aug 15, 2011
did you ever get porkchoped?????
anna wesley

Princeton, WV

#96 Aug 15, 2011
did you ever get porkchoped??no i didnt .
country boy

Procious, WV

#97 Aug 16, 2011
anna wesley wrote:
did you ever get porkchoped??no i didnt .
i like to eat pork chop. do you have a posr chop for me.wow
Long Gone

Duncan, OK

#98 Aug 16, 2011
homesick wrote:
I would love to hear from some kids that were in Davy shcool in the early 70's.
Does anyone know where the Stamper girls, Donna and Darlene, got to?
NCDavyBoy

Asheboro, NC

#99 Aug 16, 2011
Im one of the Lester boys that went to school there in the late to mid 70's before it burned down if anyone remembers us. My dad was Okey.
still in davy

Bluefield, WV

#100 Aug 16, 2011
NCDavyBoy wrote:
Im one of the Lester boys that went to school there in the late to mid 70's before it burned down if anyone remembers us. My dad was Okey.
iknow your sister debbie right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 23 min COOTERDOG 36,669
michelle green (Jun '13) 8 hr phone tracking 7
Lisa Williamson (May '16) 9 hr Wishing 20
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 10 hr Princess Hey 4,915
Weepy 17 hr Earl 7
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 19 hr luci 10,656
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 20 hr Princess Hey 6,481

Davy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance