Chrysler to build $570 million engine plant in Mexico

Jun 2, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Chrysler Group said Friday that it will build a $570 million engine plant in Mexico to assemble the "Phoenix" V-6 engine. via St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Comments
121 - 124 of 124 Comments Last updated May 29, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 13

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

dukdodgers wrote:
<quoted text>
The final dollars don't mean anything if the workers aren't working. Why is everyone so worried about the top 10% of the profit. Honda and Toyota keep a lot of Americans working. More and more, Ford, Chrysler and GM are keeping Mexican families fed. Who cares about the money the workers never see anyway.
Yes Toyota and Honda, keep many American families working, but look at their sales numbers in this country. Theyre racking in the profits. Can any of the big 3 claim anything close to those sales numbers in Japan? Japanese support their countries brands. Just look around you. Most American Japanese ppl drive, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, to support their homes economy.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Chinese and Proud wrote:
All you dumb Americans are lazy and stupid on top. You to lazy to work well and then you so stupid you wont even support your own country. The Chinese and Mexican come here to take all the job your lazy self wont take. Lazy American go to Mexico to take a job? How funny and stupid is that statement. Americans to lazy to work a good job in your own country. No problems to you dumb lazy Americans. The Chinese and Mexican will continue to come to USA to work for you. Also we build products for you in our Countries too. Backlash against us? no worry dumb lazy American. Soon we will be number 1 in world. Soon smart American swim to China get job shine shoe of rich Chinese factory worker.
http://seeingredinchina.com/2011/03/02/how-mu...

Read the responses at the bottom of the page after the article. There is very little middle class in China. The rich and the poor. The poor being many. Poverty in China means that no one will come to China for a factory job. Even if a free flight was offered. Even Mexico is now buying Chinese products and I know several companies here that have gone there to get things made. Why? Because the people work for nothing. As bad as it is here in Mexico for a factory worker at about $400 a month, and they are starving, can you imagine what it is like in China. The poor get poorer as the rich get richer.

It is not about being lazy. It is about being smart enough to not accept poverty and have to take those low paying jobs in America, that are being imported by people that do not want anything better in life, or just accept the fact they are willing to work for next to nothing.

I am alive to support my family and make good money. Not support a government and all the wealthy people. I am in support of the people that are many times suppressed by these governments and that is a big reality in China. That is called being brainwashed and accepting defeat. The government could care less about the Chinese factory worker in any country it looks like to me.

So you are proud to work for nothing? I would not be proud of that.
PPP

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Buy American!!! There are more than 350 foreign parts in my new Dodge Ram! American?????????
Buster brown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Thanks unions! Don't do anything to support them and the final nail will be driven in their coffin. Some jobs will come back and some will have been saved

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Davisburg Discussions

Search the Davisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral planning seminar planned June 23 (Jun '10) 5 hr Brain 5
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Wed Dirk Diggler 219
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
Highland green estates trailer park highland tw... (Jan '08) Tue Management 68
General Motors adds 7.6 million cars to ignitio... Jul 9 robmatt 1
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chastity ? Jul 7 wondering 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Davisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Davisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE