Sheriff's Police Investigate Death Of...

Sheriff's Police Investigate Death Of Toddler

There are 8 comments on the WREX story from Sep 26, 2006, titled Sheriff's Police Investigate Death Of Toddler. In it, WREX reports that:

By Smita Kalokhe 13 WREX WINNEBAGO COUNTY -- The Winnebago County Sheriff's Department investigates the death of 2-year-old Kaden Schnitzler.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREX.

Vicki Green

Galesburg, IL

#1 Sep 29, 2006
There is no reason the horrible death of this baby even occured. He had a loving family that wanted him and tryed everything in their power to get him. What could DCFS have even been thinking when this baby was full of bruises all the time and the case worker at Sinnasippi tryed to tell them and CASA tryed telling them. As far as I'm concered DCFS is liable for this little boys life. Somebody has got to step up and change some laws here. Its to late for this beautifil baby boy, but we need to do something so this does not happen to another.
Kayle Cottingham

Downs, IL

#2 Jul 25, 2007
There was no reason what so ever for my baby cousin to died the way he did..Kaden had a wonderful family that loved him more then life itself...There was no reason what so ever for DCFS to come in that little boys life and destroy his whole life...And now Its a life he cant even live or love....Thanks to DCFS...Just to let ever one know that little boy was treat like a angel when he was with his family....He loved his family and his family loved him....So why would DCFS come in and take this little loveing boy just to make his life liveing hell?? I dont understand why they would have done such a thing....Well Now Kaden lies in pieces with all the other little boys and girls....WE LOVE YOU KADEN♥

Love Always and Forever your cousin ♥Kayle♥
Samuel Lomas

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 10, 2008
I am wondering what the heck happened here,did DCFS murder this little one?what are the cicumstances that the agency took the little angel
and how could such a thing happen in America.Someone is responsible and should pay for this dearly,i did not catch previous reports on this event but i sure would like to know how this horrible thing came about.

“Need a Tissue for Your Issue?”

Since: Jan 07

Chi-town South Sider

#4 Feb 11, 2008
A child doesn't end up in foster care just for the heck of it.
But of course, let's blame the system. Why not? Don't blame the foster parents who did this, no. That would be too easy.
Don't blame the natural parents who obviously weren't fit enough to take care of him. No, that would be too 'mean'.
I got it, let's blame DCFS. It's a government entity, that way the biological parents can sue, get a settlement, and live their lives like they were before. Why not.
ERMA

AOL

#5 Apr 1, 2008
I AM INVOLDED WITH DCFS I GOT MY BABY TOOK FROM ME BECUZ ME AND HIS DAD GOT IN A FIGHT I CALLED THE COPS PUT HIM IN JAIL DCFS COME AND TOOK MY KID SAID IM THE ONE WHO ENDANGERED THEM AND TOOK THEM 5MOS LATER IM STILL AWAITING TO SEE IF I GET THEM BACK DCFS NEED TO START TAKEING KID THAT ARE BEING BETTEN THANK YOU ERMA CREVISTON

“Would I lie to you? (..Twice?)”

Since: Dec 07

Midwest

#6 Apr 3, 2008
If you get your child back, I hope you don't "home school". Let's hope that all of our children do better than us.

“Need a Tissue for Your Issue?”

Since: Jan 07

Chi-town South Sider

#7 Apr 4, 2008
I sure hope the above post was a joke.
Stacy

Shanghai, China

#8 Dec 22, 2008
It is sad and all too common that DCFS and other government agencies fail to do their jobs which is to protect children. There are so many politics in particular in small town Rockford someone should open up the whole town when it comes to protection of children. It is often the victims that get punished most. Prayers to baby Kaden and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scouting for Food (Feb '06) Apr '16 Nosey 4
Jennifer Cacciatore (Dec '14) Apr '16 sad 3
News Midwest travel: True/False Film Fest fetes docs... (Apr '16) Apr '16 sad 1
News Clyde the Camel Dies from Poisoning (Oct '14) Oct '14 Wilma Faerber 1
News Police Find 100+ Grams of Mushrooms, Weed in Ne... (Feb '12) Aug '12 right 26
Debate: Gay Marriage - Davis, IL (Jan '12) Feb '12 craig clark 2
News 2 Charged With Battery Following Fight Over Ano... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jackie 6

Davis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davis Mortgages