Broderick Christian Center Investigated for Alleged Embezzlement

West Sacramento police served a search warrant at the Broderick Christian Center following allegations of identity theft and embezzlement involving a developmentally disabled woman. Full Story
bnb

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jan 23, 2008
I'm more concerned with the other News10.com story regarding the Mexican a-hole that beat the crap out of his wife and left her for dead. He has apparently been caught, however, there was no mention of his immigration status and there is no 'comments' section linked the story. Hmmm? Is News10 trying to hide something?
My2Cents

Davis, CA

#2 Jan 24, 2008
bnb wrote:
I'm more concerned with the other News10.com story regarding the Mexican a-hole that beat the crap out of his wife and left her for dead. He has apparently been caught, however, there was no mention of his immigration status and there is no 'comments' section linked the story. Hmmm? Is News10 trying to hide something?
there is a comments section, scroll down the page.
njborn

San Luis Obispo, CA

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Just how does someone get both welfare and disability checks - in the "thousands"....?
I want to sign up!
Rick

Rocklin, CA

#4 Jan 28, 2008
njborn wrote:
Just how does someone get both welfare and disability checks - in the "thousands"....?
I want to sign up!
She got a little over a thousand a month for being disabled. would you like to be developmentally disabled with the mind of a 10 year old for $1000 a month? I didn't think so.
Pab

Auburn, CA

#5 Jan 28, 2008
njborn wrote:
Just how does someone get both welfare and disability checks - in the "thousands"....?
I want to sign up!
Watching the news they said the amount was $16,000. Well, that's a chunk of change, even for a working family. Yes, I also want to know how can this much money can be collected in a relatively short time frame.
watchman

Rocklin, CA

#6 Jan 28, 2008
Pab wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching the news they said the amount was $16,000. Well, that's a chunk of change, even for a working family. Yes, I also want to know how can this much money can be collected in a relatively short time frame.
the news also stated that the $16,000 was embezzled over a 2 and 1/2 year period. The math shows us thats an average of a little over $500- per month they stole from her. Is 30 months a short time frame? When the director of this "Christian Center" is sitting in a cell for ripping off this poor girl I don't think she will think 30 months is such a short time, do you?
Monty

Rocklin, CA

#7 Jan 29, 2008
I was watching the videos from different news stations concerning this matter and the director of this shelter stated they had been accused of the same charge, embezzlement, many times since 1994 but none of the charges ever "Stuck". The news then pointed out that a warrant has never been served before and evidence has never been confiscated in the past. Maybe this time the charges will "Stick".
innocent until proven

Sacramento, CA

#8 Feb 12, 2008
You need to learn to read correctly. The Director stated there were similar allegations thru the years, not the same allegations as you stated. Unfortunately, its not always "innocent until proven guilty" The news put out one side of the story, remember there are two sides, and people seem to forget or dont take the time to learn all the work that the Broderick Christain and its employees do and will continue to help others less fortunate in their community. Dont judge unless you know all the facts.
Monty wrote:
I was watching the videos from different news stations concerning this matter and the director of this shelter stated they had been accused of the same charge, embezzlement, many times since 1994 but none of the charges ever "Stuck". The news then pointed out that a warrant has never been served before and evidence has never been confiscated in the past. Maybe this time the charges will "Stick".
How many others

Sacramento, CA

#9 Feb 29, 2008
innocent until proven wrote:
You need to learn to read correctly. The Director stated there were similar allegations thru the years, not the same allegations as you stated. Unfortunately, its not always "innocent until proven guilty" The news put out one side of the story, remember there are two sides, and people seem to forget or dont take the time to learn all the work that the Broderick Christain and its employees do and will continue to help others less fortunate in their community. Dont judge unless you know all the facts.
<quoted text>
I see your point of view, to an extent. But just because the organization has done good for people (and no one is disputing that), doesn't mean that they can do no wrong. It's pretty clear that something "fishy" was going on with this poor womans money and even if all of the staff was not directly involved, someone should have taken notice and put a stop too it. This woman was wronged and they need to set it straight! I've dealt with this agency directly and I know that they are (for the most part) good people, but unfortunately, I believe someone there was taking advantage of a bad situation, and feel that if they could do this to one person, how many more do we not know about?
Maria Ostrovska

Davis, CA

#10 Mar 3, 2008
I've been to the center many times for a food basket. Every time I was there I saw the rude behaviour and greediness of the staff. I saw them loading their cars with food that must go to needy people. One can tell they are there to serve thier own needs
JennyW

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#11 Jul 6, 2012
I lived at the BCC at the same time as the alleged victim. Yes, I still say alleged. Nothing was ever proven to me. Who ever said the victim had the mind of a 10 y/o. or that she had that much $$$$$ to herself is so wrong! She had two kids. One who had to support a kid of their own with CS. The victim did just fine on her own. She in my opinion was ableminded and only needed help due to a physical disability. If the $$ was gone it was a mistake or a false allegation trumped up by the victims xhusband after they reconciled because he was thrown out of BCC for beating the victim and having a fridge full of beer.
The alleged criminals were people who took time out of their lives to help others. They lived scrunched in the same crummy apartments all the others in transitional did. Drove crummier cars than some of the clients. Had only as much as the clients did or less in some cases. The alleged criminals took the alleged victim halfway down CA. when she found family to live with. Then when it didn't work out. BCC Paid for a Uhaul, and the same people went to get her.
I have no personal intrest in this. In fact I haven't talked to any BCC or transitional people since leaving CA. in 2006. But I knew all of those involved. I believe there was more to this. The people I knew were not criminals. They were kind giving people. The so called victim a sweet lady, not dumb at all. The husband who was thrown out. Was vindictive, controlling, dangerous and hurt his wife.
I have my own opinion in the case, I guess I'm a bit too late!
Robert

Rocklin, CA

#12 Jul 8, 2013
We do NOT need a homeless shelter in the middle of a "residential neighborhood" as is with Broderick Christian Center,,, these people not only blight the neighborhood but their are lots of children that live on or around 6th st. And as an attorney I will be the first one to try to represent a family who's child has been harassed, bothered or harmed in any way in this neighborhood!
Robert

Rocklin, CA

#13 Jul 8, 2013
Broderick Christian Center homeless shelter is NOT needed in a residential neighborhood where children live, let alone they do child care??? I hope if ever a child is harassed or harmed in anyway someone sues them and shuts them down for good!
Suzanne

United States

#14 Aug 15, 2013
This post thread is ld but currently there is some similar going ons with the Woodland Ca Wafarer Center. I moved out of Broderick Transitional Housing over a year ago and the lady who used to run it, no longer works there. Rumor has it that she was forced to retire due to possible criminal investigation of embezzlement on her behalf. Ive witnessed with my own eyes.the greediness and the condascending behavior given to those in need who asked for help. Ive seen the Christmas adopt a family program be taken advantage of and the Walmart donations be stored in storage out in the Southport.Storage business off of Southport Pkwy and Promenade. Clothes, household items, toys, in 2 to 3 storage units...crammed!! Instead of being given out. Ive seen cars being packed to the brim with items from these donations, being taken home after business hours, for personal use. Id like to know where all that "stuff" has.gone along with the stack of gift cards this woman collected and kept in her own personal wallet. I questioned lots and therefore was told simply "no" when i asked for something i needed. Toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc. Clothing for my daughter n myself. I felt humiliated and will never forget how she brought my daughter to tears when she made her ask for a dinged up used scooter and then told her simply "no". A week later, she then gave it to her. That lady played games like this.continually. I still survive on only $300/mo and barely getting by. It got to the point where id rather do without than ask and be treated like im asking for money out of her own pocket. Does anyone have any insight on this story??
Ms Help Me If You Can

Davis, CA

#15 Jul 22, 2014
Robert wrote:
We do NOT need a homeless shelter in the middle of a "residential neighborhood" as is with Broderick Christian Center,,, these people not only blight the neighborhood but their are lots of children that live on or around 6th st. And as an attorney I will be the first one to try to represent a family who's child has been harassed, bothered or harmed in any way in this neighborhood!
Dear Mr. Robert, I need to sue BCC but I need a good attorney that will and CAN WIN this!!!!
Ms Help Me If You Can

Davis, CA

#16 Jul 22, 2014
Can you help me with suing BCC?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Previous climatic shifts deprived oceans of oxygen 3 hr SpaceBlues 4
Miss.Roberta Hewitt in all her glory 17 hr tyrone b big 3
Review: Moonlight Apartments Jan 22 Mcy 2
Is the news media working for Obama's re-electi... (Jul '12) Jan 16 workprivilage 11
Stay or Go? Terminally Ill Undocumented Immigra... (Jan '14) Jan 13 Jaimie 10
Monthly Let Apartments Jan 10 Bob8 1
The World Trade Organization needs a new rule b... Jan 9 Green Party 1
Davis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Davis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 am PST