California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,761 - 3,780 of 4,885 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
california girl

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

another loser pretending to be a tea party person.

grow up.
The Happy TEAParty TEEM wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it! Joijn the teaparty they said and I did and I am better now that I knbow all this crap will end once we get our way and gods way and that is our way as in the bible they say " arm yourselves for an evil is coming sayeth he that sayeth this, verily". So when we are all armed as god intended then nobody is gone to say NO BAGS Bub, they si gonna say HOW MANY BAGS CAN WE GIVE YOU< SIR MISTER PLEASE. That is how GOD helped us defeat the dinosuaurs, he gave us guns and gave us ammo. Like the guy said if he didint do that then they dinosuaurs would still be running around biting off cows whole heads and crappping in on the freeways making travelin times hard yet we stopped them and that is how it all will go.
Hans Hiddermeier III

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

california girl wrote:
it's happening here. people are stealing things because of it. stores are losing money. now i have to buy garbage bags that don't fit my eco-fascist garbage can. i'm so sick of totalitarian democrats and progressive republicans i could puke. i used these for garbage bags because it was cheaper for me and the small bags were very convenient and fit in those tiny little garbage pickup cans. stop voting for idiots. take your life, money, and country back!
i was born and raised. all of you granola fruitcakes came and destroyed my state and now you're on your way to ruin texas because now we're out of money and you can't mooch off of us any longer. go move to cuba or north korea and mooch off of them.
`
Please dont move to n.Korea over this. Get some help; ask a priest or teacher or pretend you are somebody else and call a counsellor. Moving to N. Korea over some old bags doesnt make sense and you seem to be in such distress over this simple way of making more money proposed by the business consortium that wants to make life A-La-Carte and charge for every little bit that you once took for granted as free. Moving to N. Korea seems too big a sacrifice and no one wants you to go, I guess.
BW smoke

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

What happened to InTrade.com ?

Maybe it had the isdide scoop on some of the pervs running for pope?
Teaparty Thom

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Hans Hiddermeier III wrote:
<quoted text>
`
Please dont move to n.Korea over this. Get some help; ask a priest or teacher or pretend you are somebody else and call a counsellor. Moving to N. Korea over some old bags doesnt make sense and you seem to be in such distress over this simple way of making more money proposed by the business consortium that wants to make life A-La-Carte and charge for every little bit that you once took for granted as free. Moving to N. Korea seems too big a sacrifice and no one wants you to go, I guess.
~
LET HER Go. LET HER BE.
BW smoke

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

What happened to InTrade.com ?

Maybe it had the inside scoop on some of the pervs running for pope?

And what to expect and the odds, but he numbers are already in for the Mormon's and the boy scouts of america and thir training ground for their faith and preferences

And this goes for the dogs running the country of Iran, too! Bunch of perverted old men.
old

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Seems to me that we started using plastic bags to help the environment. SAVE THE TREES remember?
Lien Sale

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Murray’s budget would raise $975 billion in tax revenue by closing corporate and individual tax loopholes.

But alone with Billions of dollars being stashed overseas and tax loop holes for the GOP, Republican and Tea Party Toads.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

old wrote:
Seems to me that we started using plastic bags to help the environment. SAVE THE TREES remember?
old.

Never let it be said that the revolutionary ruling class (now in power) that was produced by the incredibly expensive taxpayer funded California university system are consistent.

Ronald
Lien Sale

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Don't you meanto tell me that John C. Gordon is or will be losing his shirt, Glendora, Ca..
Sam Walton

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

First it was paper bags, now free plastic, what next ban shopping at Wal-Mart?
Now that is a good idea, why not simply ban all Wal-Mart stores period.
Wayne000007

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

The congressman said that "we will not stop until we have destroyed government healthcare and opened up this great market from which untold wealth will flow'. The bags may be part of the concept of commodifying every damn event in life so that business can make more by selling us again what we thought we already had. Okay, I want my share and want some of the wealth. How do we get in there? I'll join the teaparty, garden party, catholic church holy water party or whatever party...This EMBA has got to pay off and soon.
Blancos

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

White Privilege Bracelets Recommended for Glendora, Ca. city council members. In part because they babble about nothing and steal money from the voting public.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Lien Sale wrote:
Murray’s budget would raise $975 billion in tax revenue by closing corporate and individual tax loopholes.
But alone with Billions of dollars being stashed overseas and tax loop holes for the GOP, Republican and Tea Party Toads.
Lien Sale.

Why are you complaining? Your schizophrenia enables you to qualify for lifelong taxpayer support. The Government is not going to take those benefits away from you, no matter how many "loopholes" your increasingly impoverished benefactors avail themselves of.

Ronald
Trummeled

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Raffle me off a AR-15 lease.
rob

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Paper bags rip,

i guess we will be forces to use our own canvas hemp bags
Forkayed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

What will happen here is a bunch of lazy old men will sit around and cry in their alcohol drinks and threaten to defeat the Decocrats and stop all their progress.

CA State Sen. Bob Huff will discuss working with the Democrat super-majority at a San Gabriel Valley Lincoln Club event at 7:30 a.m. March 15, 2013 Friday in the Ferrero Room of the Pacific Palms Hotel, 1 Industry Hills Parkway.

A noted lazy one will be Douglas Boyd of Glendora. Ca. just take on look at him and it's fat cat written all over him.
Petaluma Hospital Ward 67

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

The north koreans, in cahoots with the Iranians are mad as hell that the Kim Il Jun was not chosen pope, you say? Well the talk is supporting this contention and I for one will stay away from chaity bashes for at least a few pounds. Teaparty is the salvation.
Forkedya

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

What will happen here is a bunch of lazy old men will sit around and cry in their alcohol drinks and threaten to defeat the Decocrats and stop all their progress.

CA State Sen. Bob Huff will discuss working with the Democrat super-majority at a San Gabriel Valley Lincoln Club event at 7:30 a.m. March 15, 2013 Friday in the Ferrero Room of the Pacific Palms Hotel, 1 Industry Hills Parkway, CA.

A noted lazy one will be Douglas Boyd of Glendora. Ca. just take on look at him and it's fat cat written all over him.
Edith

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

How many of us know the names of th morons who voted in this law? Vote.

“With Vitamin "R"!!”

Since: Aug 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Edith wrote:
How many of us know the names of th morons who voted in this law? Vote.
I have their naames, addresses and know where their kids go to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Davis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Davis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••