Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,792)

Showing posts 155,821 - 155,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
1. Which makes the gay (pun intended) claim that not having access to marriage stops love.
Love is. Marriage is different.
KiMare wrote:
...2. Of course rights are innate. However, certain rights are unique to select people/groups. You avoid answering the assertion; Why discriminate with only gays relationships instead of all relationships?
Why indeed?! You must be confused. Denying the basic human right of marriage to gay couples is the DISCRIMIANTION (duh!) that shouldn't be there.
KiMare wrote:
...3. You don't need marriage to acquire any legitimate rights due a gay couple.
"Legitimate right" ...What is an IL-legitimate right by the way?
KiMare wrote:
...4. Another simpleton response... Using a classic analogy, Marriage is the union of Mars and Venus, Gay couples are the collision of Uranus and Uranus.
Well, not sure quite what to make of this....
KiMare wrote:
5. You are not just culturally insensitive, you are culturally stupid. All major religions hold marriage sacred. Calling gay couples married is a sacrilege.
Slavery and intellectual repression have been rejected over and over through history. Gay couples being designated married has never been accepted or legal in any culture from start to finish in all of human history. Simply because they are viewed as a defective distinct relationship.
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
Exactly!

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a threat?
A wannabe tough guy on the internet, you name it, hahaha!
Likewise I'm sure.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
People would accept getting married to same sex partners if gay marriage is allowed, and accept not having children "as a part of life" and will usually hook up to their same sex "spouse". If it is not allowed then they won't stick to their same sex partner.
How many married gay couples are you friends with? Have you offered this theory to them for their thoughts?
They thinking

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh look, another out of towner poster trying to think?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He said: "So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?"
That includes your religious thoughts too dummy.
They donít matter :)

Simply not important at all.

I just enjoy reminding them of that fact
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen jackass. Of course when I talk of marriage equity I am not talking about for child molesters or degenerates no matter their preference in marriage or religion.
Some homosexuals have forced children to have sex with them too. Does that mean we shouldn't allow same sex marriage?
You're a bigot and a hypocrite.
No one gives a crap about your obsession, nothing currently in the courts is going to change anything about your obsession, and it has no bearing whatsoever about this topic.:)

You can cry and whine and scream and make every comparison you want, and it isnít worth a piece of crap.:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are illogical, no use for you. It will become a prison regulation only if it happens nationally, gay marriage isn't national yet.
Look dum dum, Brian_G was bleating on about the consequences of gay marriage for prisons. I asked him to provide evidence for forced marriages in prisons. He used Canada as an example.

Same sex marriage has been recognised, nationally, in Canada for the last 7 or 8 years.

In the last 7 or 8 years Canada's prisons have seen three, count 'em, three, same sex marriages. No outbreak of forced same sex marriages and the Canadian police haven't created laws about any of the gibberish you have mentioned.

You keep up the idiocy though. We'd be surprised if you didn't continue making dumb comments.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays are narcissists. They would get angry at anyone who sees them.
Gay people get angry if you see them? Now that is funny. How hard did you get hit on the noggin?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Look dum dum, Brian_G was bleating on about the consequences of gay marriage for prisons. I asked him to provide evidence for forced marriages in prisons. He used Canada as an example.
Same sex marriage has been recognised, nationally, in Canada for the last 7 or 8 years.
In the last 7 or 8 years Canada's prisons have seen three, count 'em, three, same sex marriages. No outbreak of forced same sex marriages and the Canadian police haven't created laws about any of the gibberish you have mentioned.
You keep up the idiocy though. We'd be surprised if you didn't continue making dumb comments.
You are confusing the issue with facts

They donít care about facts ;)
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people get angry if you see them? Now that is funny. How hard did you get hit on the noggin?
Largelanguage in a post on another forum in Virginia IL told a 15 year old girl that he wished she would get raped. He has nothing in his noggin. This guy needs to be in jail.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to holster your mouth, watch it!
Besides, she probably wasn't looking at the thread anymore, considering it was an old thread, and was probably abandoned, so no one got hurt really.
I think you are the one who better watch it. No excuse for saying somthing like that. You are one sick ba$tard. Get help soon.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax Fruitloops. If discussing marriage equality upsets you perhaps you should find another thread and/or ignore posts discussing it.
I am not obsessed. I am not crying, whining or screaming. Stop your dishonesty.
Not at all, I find it hilarious how you obsess about something that is going nowhere, and will not be affected in any way by the actual topic or the legal changes taking place.

You can discuss it all you like, no one gives a crap about it, but what the heck. Go ahead

But donít mind us laughing at you about it

I also find it very telling how you defend all those opposed to same sex marriage and attack anyone that is for it. And then claim yourself to be for it.

You donít think any of us believe you, do you? Come on you canít be as gullible as LargeLanguage, even I give you more credit than that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with polygamy then? And no, I am nowhere near gullible, that is why I don't listen to leftwinged propaganda.
I donít care about it, but you can discuss it with Frankie all day, it is nearly all he thinks about.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. He was simply pointing out your irony and hypocrisy. Can't give an answer? Lost?
Yes he is using it as the standard diversionary tactic used by most opposed to same sex marriage, which is why most of us donít believe him when he says he is for it.

No one has been able to come up with any valid reason not to allow same sex marriage, not even in court, that is why you are losing court battle after court battle.

So they go after the bait and switch diversionary tactic.

It will still fail of course, justice will win and you will lose.

It is already legal in a growing number of states and countries, you are on the wrong side of history.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha so funny.
You don't want to discuss marriage equality for other forms of marriage besides same sex and opposite sex because you want to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Fine. Don't. But don't attempt to censor others who do.
There is NO equality in a polygamy marriage. Other than that.....it's a go.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha so funny.
You don't want to discuss marriage equality for other forms of marriage besides same sex and opposite sex because you want to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Fine. Don't. But don't attempt to censor others who do.
Oh no, I just enjoy laughing at you so desperately wanting to talk about it.

All other tactics are failing, so you scrape the barrel with this crap
LBPSH

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Let's be perfectly stupid here:

Los Angeles and Torrance police started shooting when vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in the hunt for a former LAPD officer suspected of killing three people.

This is why we need to take the weapons away from these idiots.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is using it as the standard diversionary tactic used by most opposed to same sex marriage, which is why most of us donít believe him when he says he is for it.
[QUOTE]

Oh really....America's favorite polygamy family, the Browns have given numerous interviews in which they expressed their support for SSM, and used its legality in their own lawsuit.

[QUOTE]
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason not to allow same sex marriage, not even in court, that is why you are losing court battle after court battle.
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason for it, that's why 32 states have rejected it.
So they go after the bait and switch diversionary tactic.
So they ignore the obvious link between ssm and polygamy. "Golly gee Mr. Cleaver we just have to legalize ssm nation wide so those nice gay and lesbian couples down the street don't have to live in sin anymore. They're not like those evil religious poly people....oh no...not at all".
It is already legal in a growing number of states and countries, you are on the wrong side of history.
Time will tell, in the mean time invite the Browns to the next gay marriage rally.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason for it, that's why 32 states have rejected it.
<quoted text>
So they ignore the obvious link between ssm and polygamy. "Golly gee Mr. Cleaver we just have to legalize ssm nation wide so those nice gay and lesbian couples down the street don't have to live in sin anymore. They're not like those evil religious poly people....oh no...not at all".
<quoted text>
Time will tell, in the mean time invite the Browns to the next gay marriage rally.
LOL you have some tough times coming kiddo

The case has already been made, and passed the court, and the appellate courts, that it should be lega, that making it illegal is unconstitutional.

there are 50 states, 20 years ago it was not legal in any of them.

Now it is legal in quite a few, and that number is growing every year. The number of countries legalizing it is growing even faster.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,821 - 155,840 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Davis Discussions

Search the Davis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 42 min Open Market Canada 15,670
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 44 min Blubbering 7,304
Buckhorn Grill OK'd for Vacaville relocation Sat A Thought 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Wild Wings Golf Course measure dividing small c... (Feb '09) Apr 15 Wild Wings HOA Watch 12
Wild wings HOA are they better people? (Feb '09) Apr 15 Wild Wings HOA watch 12
free free dating sites (Sep '13) Apr 14 richardkeityhwillcock 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Davis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Davis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE