Iconic Dunnigan restaurant Bill and K...

Iconic Dunnigan restaurant Bill and Kathy's closing

There are 18 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Dec 27, 2010, titled Iconic Dunnigan restaurant Bill and Kathy's closing. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

Just months after the closure of longtime Woodland fixture Morrison's, Yolo County is losing another iconic eatery this year: Bill and Kathy's Restaurant in Dunnigan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

bobs truck repair

Eugene, OR

#1 Dec 27, 2010
we will miss you and family and your great food
Woodland Conservative

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2010
It's a shame, I did some work for the resturant years ago. Jim Sr. Yevone and Kelly were all a pleasure to work for, and the team at the resturant was great.
Mark D

Stanwood, WA

#3 Dec 27, 2010
Well according to some very odd logic, if we cut everyone off of their unemployment benefits, we will suddenly create jobs for all of them. That might have helped keep this restaurant open.
Woodlander 63

Woodland, CA

#5 Dec 27, 2010
Sorry to see B&K close they have a great breakfast and the staff is always friendly and treat you like family. Bill & Kathy's will be missed, Good luck Kelly and family
What to do

Woodland, CA

#6 Dec 27, 2010
Sorry to see the place close. We would sometimes drive there just to have a meal. But like everyone else, we've had to cut back on expenses. We'll definitely miss the place. Best of luck to all the employees, I hope you find work soon.
Dunnigan Resident

Bethel Island, CA

#7 Dec 27, 2010
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Why

Auburn, CA

#8 Dec 27, 2010
Dunnigan Resident wrote:
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
What makes you say that?
phonebone

Redmond, WA

#10 Dec 27, 2010
Bummer... I liked their "pig wings."
Carol Lauricella Campbell

Hayward, CA

#11 Dec 27, 2010
We've raised 4 kids aged 41 to 51 now, and stopped there passing through on our way to vacation destinations since they were kids (1959 on) and possibly earlier, before kids. They are bummed out about this!
Elizabeth K

Woodland, CA

#13 Dec 28, 2010
The restaurant has been a big part of my family for a long time. We we all be very sad to see it close.
GoodGrief

Sacramento, CA

#14 Dec 28, 2010
Mark D wrote:
Well according to some very odd logic, if we cut everyone off of their unemployment benefits, we will suddenly create jobs for all of them. That might have helped keep this restaurant open.
People on unemployment barely esist. they do not go out to dinner. Get a grip.
Loretta - Roxie

Norfolk, VA

#15 Dec 28, 2010
My mother used to bring all six of us kids there once a month to eat lunch from Arbuckle en route to Woodland, back in the 50's. I have many memories...coming there was a real treat for us. The community and travelers will miss you. My uncle Phillip goes there every night for dinner...he will be very saddened. Everyone there is like family to him. I wish you all well and with the closing of these doors...may wonderful opportunities arise.
From Chesapeake, Virginia
haloboy-dunnigan

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#16 Dec 28, 2010
I've eaten there three times, each time the food was terrible. Hope the new owners hire competent workers in the kitchen.
Supportive Messge

Williams, CA

#17 Dec 29, 2010
What a sad loss for all of us who know and love B&K's. It is also sad to see the mean spirited postings. If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. God bless Kelly, Jim and all those who will be affected by the closure.
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#18 Dec 31, 2010
Have eaten there several times over the years and the food/service was always better than the crap you get at todays fast food joints.

Sorry to see the end of another era.
devyn

Rancho Cordova, CA

#19 Jan 3, 2011
Dunnigan Resident wrote:
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
its sad to see how rude you can be too a family that has worked so hard at providing good food and service to anyone who stopped in. the family that owned this place were some of the most hardworking and caring people i have ever met! over 35 employees with FAMILIES just lost their jobs due to this closure. i worked there for over 5yrs and would not have made it this far without the Strong family!i dont know why it makes you happy to rub it in these hardworking peoples faces by posting something like that. 63 years of business doesnt just happen! so good riddance to you! is more like it from all the bill & kathys family.
Jamie Steward

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 6, 2011
I grew up with that place.. I have family and friends that worked there.. I am saddened for this notice. The food and service was always very good.. I wish the best to everyone ..
Ralph

Portland, OR

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Bill and Kathys was originally called Verns Place before The Greens bought it. I went to school with Verns three kids at the Dunnigan grade school.
My family moved to dunnigan in 1949. Original restaurant consisted of a small lunch counter and there was two gas pumps out front. It was located on the South side of the general store. There was no freeway back then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woodland apartment complex being remodeled Mon What to work Whity 1
HELP STOP UNJUST PERSECUTIONS of TAXPAYERS IN A... (Aug '14) Mon un agenda 21 15
Found poster Jan 18 JarrodBaniqued 1
stop the insanity! legalize cockfighting now! (Apr '15) Jan 10 un agenda 21 3
YOLO PUBLIC Officials VIOLATES FEDERAL LAWS (Apr '15) Jan 1 UN AGENDA 21 29
News No charges to be filed in West Sacramento hommi... (May '09) Dec '17 Justin Gonzalez 27
specialized crosstrail bicycle Review Nov '17 JammedTrailBike 1

Davis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davis Mortgages