Woodland man convicted of raping classmate

Full story: Daily Democrat

Yolo County District Attorney Jeff Reisig stated a Yolo County jury convicted 22-year-old Jeffrey Lockwood of Woodland on Thursday for the June 2005 rape of a 17-year-old girl.
Comments
21 - 40 of 44 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2012
Jeffs sister

El Cajon, CA

#68 Apr 18, 2009
Poles Mom wrote:
So was Jeffrey sentenced? My heart goes out to the family and I like Jeffs sister cant wait until they appeal and win. Jeffrey is innocent and I feel like they should have taken this trial to another county. I dont know how they can sleep at night knowing what they are doing to an innocent young man and his family. Please please all pray for Jeff and his family.
Your a sweet person. Have we met? Anyways, Jeff was sentenced to 15 years. They are going to appeal the case. I;ve been keeping up on your comments, thanks for the support!
Poles Mom

Grass Valley, CA

#69 Apr 20, 2009
I am not sure we have met. My son Tad went to school with Jeffrey. I cant express how sad this makes me.
Poles Mom

Grass Valley, CA

#70 Apr 23, 2009
Jeffs sister wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a sweet person. Have we met? Anyways, Jeff was sentenced to 15 years. They are going to appeal the case. I;ve been keeping up on your comments, thanks for the support!
Is your name Jamie?
Let me get this straight

United States

#71 Apr 23, 2009
OK. So, the Woodland dentist whose case was published all over the world has a probation recommendation for 4 years in prison. If this man is guilty as a responsible professional and truly made advances towards so many patients under his care, how in the world is a 4 year sentence justified? Jeff has 15 years for a non-violent burglary masterminded by a "friend" who plead out and for a so-called, who knows for sure, "rape". The"victim" did not even have bruises and her "injuries" could easily have come from an earlier sexual episode with someone else. This is just unbelievable.
Sad

Grass Valley, CA

#72 Apr 24, 2009
Let me get this straight wrote:
OK. So, the Woodland dentist whose case was published all over the world has a probation recommendation for 4 years in prison. If this man is guilty as a responsible professional and truly made advances towards so many patients under his care, how in the world is a 4 year sentence justified? Jeff has 15 years for a non-violent burglary masterminded by a "friend" who plead out and for a so-called, who knows for sure, "rape". The"victim" did not even have bruises and her "injuries" could easily have come from an earlier sexual episode with someone else. This is just unbelievable.
I couldnt agree with you more. I am outraged!!
So then

Shingle Springs, CA

#73 Apr 25, 2009
Which do you want... a harsher sentence for the dentist or a more lenient one for Jeff?
How do the two compare, or should they even be compared?
Let me get this straight

Shingle Springs, CA

#74 Apr 25, 2009
In Jeff's case, there were alot of assumptions put forth by the district attorney that were simply his interpretation of things that different people said. Everyone who interpreted "evidence" admitted to either making mistakes or not being sure that the evidence was conclusive. There was an embarrassingly sloppy police investigation. No one ever bothered to measure the closet that was talked about during the trial. If the trial had been televised as fiction, people would have turned it off to look at something else. It was just a nothing case. 15 minutes of fame for the "victim" and 15 years of prison for Jeff. People who are convicted of murder in this country often serve less time for that. As I've said before, the judge should have recused himself. No way was he impartial.
So then

Sacramento, CA

#75 Apr 26, 2009
I don't know any of the parties involved in this case, nor do I know anything about the case other than what I have read in the DD and these forums.

The scenario in these forums tends to be a "jump on the accused regardless of fact", yet I have read very little hate-mongering about this Jeff. Most seems to be in his defense.

What in the world happened in this case? How could things go so awry? Did he have no defense? Are facts proving his guilt (or innocence) being kept secret?
Jeffs sister

El Cajon, CA

#76 May 2, 2009
Poles Mom wrote:
I am not sure we have met. My son Tad went to school with Jeffrey. I cant express how sad this makes me.
please email me at jamiereasorenson@yahoo.com i would like to talk to you. you've been very supportive and i would like to keep you updated.
Tom

Sacramento, CA

#77 May 4, 2009
Thank you to the victim for being so strong in this case. And, thank you to all 12 jury members for taking the time to hear and consider each piece of evidence and then in reaching a verdict based on that evidence.
Sleepless in Woodland

El Dorado Hills, CA

#78 May 4, 2009
This case will haunt me for a long time. I am left with such a feeling of deep sadness and helplessness.
Sad

Grass Valley, CA

#79 May 26, 2009
Tom wrote:
Thank you to the victim for being so strong in this case. And, thank you to all 12 jury members for taking the time to hear and consider each piece of evidence and then in reaching a verdict based on that evidence.

Victim??? Evidence??? This whole story seems like a movie to me. I know the person convicted of doing this and know in my heart he is 100% INNOCENT. This whole thing haunts me daily.

I never asked who the "victim" was until a few days ago and I really wish I hadn't. I met this girl about 3 years ago. I had gone out with 2 friends of mine who said we have to pick up a girl we know. I was just along for the ride so no big deal.. We pick this girl up and I am thinking to myself she looks young. So we go to the bar and are there a few hours. The "victim" and all of us drink a few beers and then decided to go to a house party. This is where I got to witness body shots for the first time. The "victim" is having a great time letting guyís sip Tequila out of her belly button and her returning the favor.. The next day I find out the girl/victim is only 17 and we had picked her up at her parents house that she has snuck put of!!!!!!!

I ask myself how can the "victim" get rapped and then stay another hour or more at the party where she let guys take her famous shots off her body as she did at the other party?? How can the judge in this case know the "victim" personally and still be the judge in this case?????? What is this world coming to? They have ruined a personís life. I am sure the "victim" and the judge get a nice laugh every day when they see each other at the gym. I donít wish anything bad on anyone, but I do hope the "victim" realizes what she had done.
Sleepless in Woodland

Isleton, CA

#80 May 26, 2009
Thank you, Sad, for your post. I firmly believe there is much more to this story that will come out in time. I would agree that the "victim" in the case is of suspicious character. And, most definitely, the "evidence" in the case was marginal and in my eyes, unconvincing. One of these days soon, it will be time to rock the courthouse.
Sleepless in Woodland

Sacramento, CA

#81 May 31, 2009
Please reference the online Daily Democrat comments regarding "sentencing for 2004 W. Sac rape by 26 year old man" It came out about a day ago I guess. The online comments regarding that case and sentencing sound parallel to Jeff's case. This is more than vaguely creepy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to look at the Public Record probation report on this new case. It will be available for about 60 days at the courthouse. I will be looking for the reason this 26 year old guy got 8 years, even though he had been on probation for other offences and Jeff got 15 years. Either the law is applied equally or it isn't. If it isn't, I think it may be time to march!Also, if the juries are constantly infiltrated with friends and supporters of the judge and the "victim", we have no hope for justice in Yolo County.
Sleepless in Woodland

Sacramento, CA

#82 May 31, 2009
Here's the first comment:
Unfortunately all the details of the trail cannot be printed in the story. Who can get a fair trial in Yolo County when the trial Judge Johnson allowed his friend and pastor to sit as a juror, DA Jonathan Raven's co-worker as a board member (Diana Williams) of the Sexual Assault Committee allowed to sit as a juror, and a neighbor of the defendant also allowed to sit as a juror. In addition, Judge Johnson was removed from the case by the Third Appellate for being "biased and prejudiced" to the defendant. Judge Johnson only gave the defendant's attorney 2 weeks to prepare for trial and forced critical evidence to be withheld that proved the "so called victim" to be lying. Who can get a fair trial when Yolo County frames the process to set any defendant up for a "guilty" outcome?
Sleepless in Woodland

Sacramento, CA

#83 May 31, 2009
Here's the second comment:I know this girl, a day after this alleged "rape" she was at a bar. The following week she had a party at her house. She was also messing around with a married man that same night. She is a girl who craves attention from men, in any way possible. Its sickens me how backwards our system is. This girl claims the defendant took her virginity, also untrue. I went to school with her & I know the guy who did that and it DEFINITLEY was not the defendant. I pray for the defendant & hope his family can get this outcome overturned and expose this girl for the liar she is. I also pray for her that she will have the courage to stand up, tell the truth, rather that try to protect her reputation and realize what she has done to this mans life. Who is the real victim?
Justice Seeker

Winters, CA

#84 Jun 3, 2009
I cannot believe that this has happened to a young man. Where has true justice gone. Innocent until proven guilty has been lost in Yolo County. Time will only show how corrupt the Yolo County system is, including its investigators, district attorney's office and judges. Messing with DNA evidence, construing timelines, and lying in the court room is what is going on. All any girl has to do is cry rape and that is enough, it can happen to any of your sons and Yolo County will do the rest to send him to prison for an "alleged crime" This so called judicial system sickens me. I can see truth in the saying the Lawyers aren't lawyers they are liars.
AMG

Sacramento, CA

#85 Jun 11, 2009
I have a son who's only 2 and let me tell you as his mother I'm definitely going to make sure he stays away from girls as long as possible. And when he does become interested in girls I'm going to do all I can to teach him how many girls are. I don't want some scandals lying girl who sleeps with everyone or flirts with everyone jut to get attention to put my son in jail for something he didn't do. So to all mothers who have sons watch out for those girls. And to all mothers with daughters don't let them be one of those girls. Plus you can't trust our system and the people who run it. I truly believe in KARMA and KARMA's a BITCH so that girl will get what's coming to her for lying and putting an innocent man in prison. She'll get hers and it'll be way worse than his. KARMA!
STS

United States

#86 Oct 9, 2010
aaa wrote:
I just want to commend the victim for following through on this. Can only imagine how difficult it was and is. You are a very strong and brave. Thnak you for doing the right thing and making society better.
I understand that you are not familiar with this case, due to your comment of this subject. If you were familiar with it you would not have been siding with this alledged "victim." This "victim" has done this in the past, stating others have raped her & even gotten her pregnant, and later she recants. Were you aware she had a crush on him when she made these accusations? Have you researched that her family didnt even come with her to the trial and support her in her claims? Yet this young mans family and friends filled the court house. She even told a friend that he got what he deserved for rejecting her. She is a very sad individual, but instead of seeking help with a professional, she choose to allow an innocent young man with a bright future to go prison. Unfortunately in this county we are not "innocent until proven guilty" yet we are guilty until we prove our own innocence. With people like her claiming rape that is untrue, lowers all the other TRUE rape victims fight for justice. She should be asshamed of herself for doing such a thing to this young man AND to all the rape victims who stood up against their rapist. I pray one day she will come forward with the truth so he can get on with his life. Citizens needs to stand up against people who make false accusations and the corrupt DA's that are only after another win!
Sleepless in Woodland

Knights Landing, CA

#87 Oct 9, 2010
I am still troubled by this case. The assistant DA who prosecuted Jeff, lied to the jury in his closing comments regarding a nurse practitioner's comments after examining the "victim". She said the examination might have shown evidence of rape. The assistant DA stated that the nurse had found definite evidence of rape. I also spoke to the assistant DA personally after the trial. He told me that the "victim" in her letter to the probation department had stated she was not out for revenge against Jeff. I read the probation report at the courthouse when it was available for public viewing. The "victim" was quite vindictive in her comments. This case needs to be reviewed and it needs to be taken out of Yolo County for this review.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 min Brett Weir 200,606
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 min Brett Weir 15,965
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 hr napalmers 7,933
Dixon Beerfest Sat Marvin Garten 3
Boy hurt in magnitude-6.0 Napa earthquake: a I ... Aug 28 Natural 3
Editorial: Ridiculous idea to begin the 'silly ... Aug 21 Birds Landing Bob 1
•••
•••
•••

Davis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••