Scientists race to create airport sca...

Scientists race to create airport scanner to identify liquids | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 26, 2011, titled Scientists race to create airport scanner to identify liquids | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Scanner technology to test wine in the bottle is being re-engineered to tell shampoo from explosives at airports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

United States

#1 Feb 26, 2011
Hey - if this works will you publish somewhere? First thoughts, maybe bad. I'd be so excited if I could solve an engineering problem because I happened to have been working retail rather than engineering. Anyway... the soda problem....

look up 'can top' at google. there are Soda Pop Tops- Can Lids - first link that shows up....(and their ad says 'made in USA product', too.) I don't know whether or not they'd want the press or not, if they don't then please leave them alone ... I don't know your design to see through liquids, but if the opening of the can at the top is enough, then use something like these.... I've never tried them, so they'd have to be tested. They could even be recycled like the 3d glasses at a movie theatre if people wanted if some type of disposable cloth would help...

Also - this is my 2 cents... if the small opening at the top is not enough...- maybe redesign a can opener.

-from Columbus, Ohio
Preventable stupidity

Delaware, OH

#2 Feb 26, 2011
Well duh! They should have planned to invent this right after 9/11 so they odds of sneaking in liquid chem or biological weapons would be lessened.God only knows if any bio weapons have been smuggled in covertly over the past years and are being held until the perfect timing to deploy when the timing is right to cause mass chaos.All it takes is a small amount of VX gas,sarin or potent bio weapons,released in the right place to cause major casualties and panic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA investigator sues Reisig for retaliation (Aug '09) Fri Concerned 188
News Mother, girl die on tracks (Sep '07) Oct 17 RobertD 6
News Several Solano school districts rank among lowe... Sep 28 Birds Landing Bob 1
News San Francisco man held to answer in alleged Fai... Sep 28 trumplfourever 2
News Could Intolerance in U.S. Lead to Radicalization? Sep 25 Dixiecrat 2
News Benicia council spikes use permit for Valero oi... Sep '16 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Three separate collisions, one fatality, occur ... Sep '16 Birds Landing Bob 1

Davis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davis Mortgages