Woodland's interim fire chief may get...

Woodland's interim fire chief may get a new title

There are 46 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Feb 8, 2011, titled Woodland's interim fire chief may get a new title. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

Interim Fire Chief Rick Sander may get to drop the "interim" from his title. Sander was granted his position with a "soft target" of 60 days, buying the city time to decide whether to share a chief with either West Sacramento or the joint UC Davis/Davis fire administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Really here we go again

Granite Bay, CA

#42 Feb 13, 2011
I know I know, silly me. What was I thinking? Does it really matter that I am "calling" people out as you put it. Fact is, b!tch, b!tch, b!tch. Its all the same sh!t. Everyone b!tching about one group when the ones they should be looking at is the people that make decisions. Now is that an opinion. No. Thats a statement. Wow...

Oh yah... you didn't answer my question.

Since: Jun 10

Grass Valley, CA

#43 Feb 14, 2011
Really here we go again wrote:
I know I know, silly me. What was I thinking? Does it really matter that I am "calling" people out as you put it. Fact is, b!tch, b!tch, b!tch. Its all the same ****. Everyone b!tching about one group when the ones they should be looking at is the people that make decisions. Now is that an opinion. No. Thats a statement. Wow...
I would be better informed if I wasn't being called names. If you have a well paying job in this town you should feel lucky. Many if us don't. Some of you a$$hats are sitting at your job dreaming up more ways to get a raise or hold the city hostage for services we hired and paid for in advance. The city leveraged money they could not afford based on no independent numbers to build out and used the extra to give everyone raises. That is unwise stewardship of the city. They deserve all the criticism that starts at the Mayor and goes through the entire leadership.

Mr Sander may be the next chief, but if he were paid 20% more than the entry firefighter, would he still take it? If so, then he can be chief. Not $200k.
Really here we go again

Granite Bay, CA

#44 Feb 14, 2011
tg Woodland wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be better informed if I wasn't being called names. If you have a well paying job in this town you should feel lucky. Many if us don't. Some of you **** hats are sitting at your job dreaming up more ways to get a raise or hold the city hostage for services we hired and paid for in advance. The city leveraged money they could not afford based on no independent numbers to build out and used the extra to give everyone raises. That is unwise stewardship of the city. They deserve all the criticism that starts at the Mayor and goes through the entire leadership.
Mr Sander may be the next chief, but if he were paid 20% more than the entry firefighter, would he still take it? If so, then he can be chief. Not $200k.
There was no name calling! Just making a point. Your absolutely right. It starts with the Mayor. Good luck with that. That man is too busy worried about his sisiter city south of the border. Oh maybe one name, a$$hats. My bad.
Hmmm

Woodland, CA

#45 Feb 14, 2011
<quoted text>
Nope! Not related at all. The story is about the Interim Fire Chief. All the other [email protected] that was mentioned by all you others is just an easy way for you haters to b!tch about the fire dept..........AGAIN. Why dont you all focus on the real problem with the city. LEADERSHIP! Fire takes the heat for things that are out of there control. I know, its alot easier to sit back and b!tch about fire than look into the real issue. Again, LEADERSHIP! There are decisions that are made behind closed doors that Fire has no control over . But why would you care? Really, thats a question. Do you really think fire makes there own rules? Go ask Mr. Devan about your complaints that have been mentioned here on this blog. Oh yah, that means you would have to have the balls to actually confront someone with your complaints. Its alot easier to sit behind your computer huh.
"Fire takes the heat for things that are out of there control."

What? They are represented by a union that they have a hand in the decision making process, so they do have control over it. Fire does make their own rules, the number of people on an engine is recommended by a so-called independent group made up of retired fire personnel and others that directly effect the cost to staff the engines - so again they have control over it.

Since: Aug 09

Woodland, CA

#46 Feb 14, 2011
I know I know, silly me. What was I thinking? Does it really matter that I am "calling" people out as you put it. Fact is, b!tch, b!tch, b!tch. Its all the same ****. Everyone b!tching about one group when the ones they should be looking at is the people that make decisions. Now is that an opinion. No. Thats a statement. Wow...
What is your question? Maybe between your B!tching you could state it more clearly.

Since: Jun 10

Davis, CA

#47 Feb 15, 2011
<quoted text>
There was no name calling! Just making a point. Your absolutely right. It starts with the Mayor. Good luck with that. That man is too busy worried about his sisiter city south of the border. Oh maybe one name,**** hats. My bad.
We agree on the the mayor assessment. I am wondering what percentage of FD expense goes to response and what percent goes to just sitting and waiting (Fixed costs)? If they are responding only to fires and not rolling ladder trucks to residential housing would the cost in fuel and such go down?

I am seeing these Excursions around town and sitting in people's driveways, lights and sirens going to every call. Why does the chief ride to every call? Every fire? I could ask lots of ignorant questions, because these are money questions, performance questions that I don't think get talked about. Maybe they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lack of brain donations is hampering understand... Aug 15 Doctor Jeremy 7
News Paula McConnell: Our fabulous Fair Aug 5 illegal gardener 6
News Militant Islam comes to Main Street, USA Jul 31 Rabbeen Al Jihad 3
News County Road 98 improvements for bikes maintain ... Jul 25 Birds Landing Bob 1
specialized crosstrail Jammed Jul 24 JammedTrailBike 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
News Vacaville school board inks $1M contract with f... Jul '17 Birds Landing Bob 1

Davis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davis Mortgages