lets talk about Spirit Hyundai of Annapolis

Posted in the Davidsonville Forum

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2009
joe

Odenton, MD

#1 Jun 17, 2007
dropped my wifes car off on thursday night to get warranty work because the fan motor stopped running and it was overheating at lights.

friday, I went into an auto body shop to get one of my company vans estimated due to an accident.

while at the body shop, I spotted a car that looked just like my wifes car, so I went out and looked closer at it.
it was my wifes.

this guy comes out with a new bumper in his hands and starts to open the hatch on her car to put it in.
He sees me looking at the car and asks if I like it. I tell him that actually I do... its mine.

Spirit Hyundai of Annapolis seems to think its ok to use customer cars to do their pick ups in. Instead of using their own company cars, and their own company gas, they use the customers cars to do this, at the expense of the customer.

I took the keys out of the car on the spot and told the kid to either call for a ride, or start walking. He was done with my car.
My car is NOT USED FOR THAT PURPOSE!

If you are thinking about using Spirit Hyundai of Annapolis on West Street, I suggest you think twice about it.

they are criminals as far as I can see.
and if anyone from that dealership reads this, I dare the bastards to try and take me to court on this. I will not only win,but I will make it so damn public that they will have not option but to close their doors.

screw them.
DC in Annapolis

Boyds, MD

#2 Jul 11, 2007
I bought a car from Spirit and have yet to have anything positive to say about them. They are the definition of everything that wrong with car dealers / salesmen
Crystal

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jul 24, 2007
Wow! People with the same feelings as me. I bought my car from Spirit in 2005 and have yet to say anything positive also. The car has so many problems and they keep telling me it is normal. I even had a factory rep tell me that the noise called a "Ping" is normal. I've talked to other mechanics and they said there is never a time when a "Ping" is normal. They said that Hyundai is trying to have my warranty run out so they don't have to fix it. I've been fighting for 2 years now. I sectetly hope the thing blows up so I can tell those jacka$$es "I told you so". Anyway, I would never recommend Spirit or Hyundai. I can't wait to get rid of this POS.

As for them using customer cars for pick ups, don't let me find out they are using mine. Maybe next time I take it in I'll be sure to tell them "btw-my car is to stay here and not be used to pick up parts". I would love to see the look on their face. LOL!
STEVE

Eureka, IL

#4 Jul 31, 2007
I HAVE HAD EXCELLENT EXPERIENCES WITH SPIRIT HYUNDAI. EVERYTIME I NEED SERVICE THEY MAKE A CONVENIENT APPOINTMENT. THEY KEEP THEIR PROMISES AND FIX THE CAR RIGHT AND HAVE IT BACK TO ME WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS. I HAVE NOT HAD THIS SAME EXPERIENCE FROM OTHER DEALERS IN THE PAST. I SUGGEST ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE A CAR OR HAVE YOURS SERVICED TO GO THERE.
Joe

Odenton, MD

#5 Jul 31, 2007
STEVE wrote:
I HAVE HAD EXCELLENT EXPERIENCES WITH SPIRIT HYUNDAI. EVERYTIME I NEED SERVICE THEY MAKE A CONVENIENT APPOINTMENT. THEY KEEP THEIR PROMISES AND FIX THE CAR RIGHT AND HAVE IT BACK TO ME WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS. I HAVE NOT HAD THIS SAME EXPERIENCE FROM OTHER DEALERS IN THE PAST. I SUGGEST ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE A CAR OR HAVE YOURS SERVICED TO GO THERE.
I certainly agree if you want your car to be used as their shop vehicle.
personally, I find them rude. And as far as the use of the car goes, I should have had the driver arrested that day for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Sara

Washington, DC

#6 Aug 28, 2007
I recommend calling Hyundai Consumer Affairs and explaining all your issues. There is retribution for their horrible service and it comes in the form of Customer Surveys.
BCP

Odenton, MD

#7 Aug 28, 2007
Sara wrote:
I recommend calling Hyundai Consumer Affairs and explaining all your issues. There is retribution for their horrible service and it comes in the form of Customer Surveys.
interestingly enough, I did contact the consumer affairs office,, they really dont care.
deep_roasted_hel lnuts

Havre De Grace, MD

#8 Jan 2, 2009
Horrible experience is an understatement at this hell hole. Just left trying to buy a car with my daughter, they jerked her around for 2 hours. She lives in Millersville. They refused to give her the keys to her car and everything. She just finished up her PHD in English and she is very professional and easy to get along with. They used very high pressure sales tactics on her and had her in almost tears. They changed their tune when I walked in. We just walked out. Avoid this place if your time is worth anything. Lots of other Hyundai dealers around to deal with, and besides with dealers so aggressive with price...GO BUY A HONDA OR TOYOTA FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE!!
Horrible Service

Capitol Heights, MD

#9 Jan 28, 2009
I have never been so disappointed by a service department in my life. The manager, Brian, lied to me about communication times, when a loaner would be ready, and what he could do for me. He quoted me almost $1,500 worth of service needing to be done when my fiance went to NAPA, bought the parts for under $25 and spent a 1/2 hour fixing it.

When I asked to speak with a manager, he said he was the manager. I then asked to speak with the store manager or owner he said he was at one of the other properties (3 in total) and that he didn't know how to contact him. He refused to give me the numbers to the other locations and told me I "could look it up on line."

I will NEVER buy a car or bet it serviced at Spirit Hyundai of Annapolis. It is a shame that this man has been put in charge of their service department because I am confident I am not the only one he has treated poorly and tried to rip off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Severn School sued for $6 million (Dec '09) Aug 24 delmarvadan 31
07816930445 Aug 13 raz 1
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Aug 7 Jessie 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul 30 Tim the Bagger 7
Prince George's County Animal Watch Jul '14 mike 1
CAMP LETTS, safe or not????? (Jun '09) Jul '14 Jared Lem 29
Maryland hospital will stop hiring smokers Jun '14 TruthBeTold 2
•••
•••
Davidsonville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Davidsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000