Maryland to teach children that homosexuality is acceptable

Posted in the Davidsonville Forum

joe

Odenton, MD

#1 Jul 8, 2007
http://rightbias.com/News/070807up1.aspx

click on the link, or cut and paste it.
Maryland has decided that the parents have no right to teach their children family values. Homosexuality will be taught as acceptable, no other opinion will be allowed.
at the bottom of the article is a place to send an E-Mail to the governors office expressing your opposition to this type of forced indoctrination. Please sign and send. Parents can not allow this type of vile instruction to be taught to our children.
Jasmine

Waldorf, MD

#2 Jul 9, 2007
Maryland also has a large African-American population. In my experience as a sixteen-year-old, minorities are much more likely to be homophobic.
Ashton

Middle River, MD

#3 Jul 11, 2007
That's great! We need Maryland to be more acceptable to minoritties, and overall just different people. I think that unless they forced this, no average parent would ever teach this, and what if the child was gay? Would you just exclude their feelings instead of accept them?
joe

Odenton, MD

#4 Jul 11, 2007
Ashton wrote:
That's great! We need Maryland to be more acceptable to minoritties, and overall just different people. I think that unless they forced this, no average parent would ever teach this, and what if the child was gay? Would you just exclude their feelings instead of accept them?
Although I dont totally disagree with you. I have concerns over the way they are doing it.
they are attempting to teach morals. and this is not the position of the state or the school board.
Morals should be taught at home, and if those morals create problems in school, the school then needs to deal with the student on an individual basis.
Refusing to allow alternate views on the subject could be loosely translated into a violation of civil rights for some students.
Lets say that a students religious belief system dictates that homosexuality is a sin, and therefore not to be accepted as normal, or allowable.
the government, is stepping in and dictating to that student that their religious teachings are wrong.
the first part of the first amendment states that the government can not establish, or show preference to any single religion. this is what keeps the prayer out of the school.
the second line in the first amendment states that the government can not interfere with a persons personal belief.
by teaching that homosexuality is acceptable, and not allowing the conversation to have two sides, the government in essence is endorsing the homosexual lifestyle, and at the same time telling the students that the can not follow the teachings of their church.

if anything, a better way to handle this situation is to have an open discussion type forum that would allow students to share their feelings.
strict rules could be put in place to discipline students that harassed others due to sexual orientation, weight, race etc...

since discipline has not been discussed as an option for controlling whatever problem they may have, and a forced compliance that homosexuality is an acceptable norm is how they want to go, It becomes obvious that the state has decided to try and force their moral views on the children without parental consent.

the schools are supposed to teach the basics of math, science, literature, english, etc.. their role has not, is not and should not be to teach morals.
that my friend is something best left to the individual home that the students come from.

would people be upset if the state had taken a moral opinion that homosexuality was a vile lifestyle, and tried to force that opinion? I know I would have been.

be careful of the powers that you give those in leadership positions. the next time they decide to teach something else, the precedent has already been set, and they can go forward without any concern of parental backlash.
joe

Odenton, MD

#5 Jul 11, 2007
Jasmine wrote:
Maryland also has a large African-American population. In my experience as a sixteen-year-old, minorities are much more likely to be homophobic.
statistically speaking, African-Americans have a higher percentage of homosexual activity per capita than the other races.
Have you not heard the term "on the down low"?

down low is a term used mostly by African Americans to indicate that someone is leading a straight lifestyle while "stepping out" for the occasional homosexual relationship.

I dont make these numbers up. They can be found quite quickly with a simple search.

but still, that is not the issue. It is not my concern what anyone else is doing. I am only concerned with my family. as it should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hidden crime in bowie md (Nov '08) Apr 19 slayer 84
Bowie is becoming a ghetto! (Feb '12) Apr 7 Jetdoc 23
Review: Serenity Acres Treatment Center LLC (Mar '14) Apr 1 Anonymous 9
News Man once convicted of spying pleads guilty to d... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Free money, easy! Mar '15 Fableman 1
crofton teen club Mar '15 Fableman 2
News Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... Mar '15 Brad 1
More from around the web

Davidsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]