Man dies from injuries sustained in Hwy 150 fight

Mar 17, 2011 Full story: WCNC 25

MOORESVILLE, N.C. Police say a man has died after being injured in a fight on Highway 150.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dude22

Peach Creek, WV

#1 Mar 19, 2011
what happened?

Since: Jan 11

charlotte nc

#2 Mar 20, 2011
its pretty sad,one punch? im not for the death penalty but i am for this mans family having these boys for a day. if they dont make it through,well so be it!
dude22

Peach Creek, WV

#3 Mar 21, 2011
the boys on the scooter are: Cody Barnes and Jake Flaminio. Do you know if they are good boys? I just think there must be more to this story. thanks

charlotte nc

#4 Mar 21, 2011
I did hear that the one that punched him was trying to revive him at the scene. Not sure but I heard the man came at them first. Its a real damn shame!
dude22

Peach Creek, WV

#5 Mar 21, 2011
agree that its a real shame! so fast life can change :/
why

Pekin, IL

#6 Apr 4, 2011
if the man comes at them first. and the kid hits him one time.. and the man just happens to die.. not from the punch but from his head hitting the ground.. its still the kids fault? what if this man was coming up to your son trying to start a fight.. throws the first punch.. youd want you kid to just sit there and let this man hit him?.. if so your a coward
dude22

Peach Creek, WV

#7 Apr 10, 2011
come on "why" get real?! the man was a disabled senior citzen...the boy is a 21 year old, who is military and dreams of being a pro football player! use a little common sense, you really expect for a jury to believe that the boy feared for his life and had no other choice but to hit and kill the man? beside the fact that the boy shouldnt have even been there, since he had a warrant out from another state! the young man is screwed, literally!
PEORIA

United States

#8 Apr 11, 2011
dude22 wrote:
come on "why" get real?! the man was a disabled senior citzen...the boy is a 21 year old, who is military and dreams of being a pro football player! use a little common sense, you really expect for a jury to believe that the boy feared for his life and had no other choice but to hit and kill the man? beside the fact that the boy shouldnt have even been there, since he had a warrant out from another state! the young man is screwed, literally!
WHAT HAS HE DONE IN OTHER STATES?
PEORIA

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2011
SHOULD PEOPLE BE AFRAID OF HIM?
dude22

Peach Creek, WV

#10 Apr 11, 2011
ive already said to much. i wouldnt want to say anything that might jeopardize the case and/or upset the group of lawyers working on the case. im gonna leave this final brief comment and NEVER come back to this site again.....the family members of the man are wealthy, capable and very diligent... they will see that the max that can happen will....
why

Mooresville, NC

#11 Apr 21, 2011
if the man was 62 and a war vet. why in the world is he trying to pick a fight with some one?.. please answer me that.. so you wanna sit here and say what a good guy this man is... why in the world would he try to pick a fight with not only one 21 year old but a 19 year old at the same time.. peoria.. have you ever been in a fight?.. just letting you know it wasnt the punch that killed the man.. it was him hitting his head on the ground.. the kids a good friend of mine.. he NEVER and i mean NEVER wanted for it to go that far
AND WOULD NEVER WISH THIS UPON ANY ONE.. so you wanna sit here and talk bout how he was a war vet.. jake and cody are brothers .. yes jakes in the millitary and has 4 brothers that were in afghan and s korea .. i dont here you talking bout them... oooo.. prolly cuz you here half the story and you already made up your mind that .. o hes 21 .. he must be a punk... but wait.. hes in the military as well. im not saying this man desevered death not even a little bit.. a bloody nose.. yes.. but this guy died because of his actions... no one else.. one punch will never kill a man.. i dont care if you mike tyson .. one punch will never ever ever ever kill a guy...yeah it was just bad luck that he hit his head and now hes dead.. jake his brother and i still feel for his family and their loss... you wanna sit here and bash him bash him for standing up for himself.. go ahead.. may i remind you jake is 5'9 135 pounds.. how big was the other guy.. looking at the 2 you and i both wouldve pick the other guy..
Poncho

Casar, NC

#12 Apr 24, 2011
Yo ucome me i shoot!!!
Freddy

Morganton, NC

#13 Apr 25, 2011
You do not put your hands on people today! That is old school. Kid has wasted his life now. If you want to be a bad ass try the UFC or pro boxing, it is legal!
Laura Tabb

Knoxville, TN

#14 Apr 27, 2011
i will make him o. d.

charlotte nc

#15 Apr 27, 2011
make him od?
Michelle

New York, NY

#17 Jun 20, 2011
For those of you that really know Jake you will know that this is not the first time Jake has ever hit people. I used to live in the same neighborhood as him. He tried to hit a seriously old man across the street from me on Devon Forest and he also sucker punched my husband. Jake has a history of sudden uncontrollable violence. His mother is a joke and of course will defend Jake even if she saw a video of this incident showing that it was Jake's fault. When Jake hit my husband and knocked him out to the ground in front of staples nearly 3 years ago all his mother could say is you're lucky that's all he did. Jake also punched a hole through one of my doors in my house and let's not forget that the DSS is investigating him for child abuse of two 2 year olds. One is his own son and the other is the daughter of his current girlfriend. I should know as the DSS called my daughter. Oh and please the military... he is in the reserves and only joined up for the sign on bonus so he could buy a shiny new Mustang. Let's not put him in the same line-up as military heroes fighting for our freedom. Also, did he give any of that money to his son for support? No, of course not because he is a selfish infant himself. I do not believe in the death penalty at all-murder is murder whether the criminal does it or society issues the death penalty but this man-boy should finally pay for his actions by going to jail for a very long time. It's time for him to grow up and face the consequences of his actions. My accusations can be proven people! Jake you're scum.
grandfather

Mooresville, NC

#18 Jun 21, 2011
i totally agree with you Michelle. i am the grandfather of one of the two year olds that he is under investagation with the dss. he is scum , and now he is got my daughter brain washed so now we can't see our grandkid cause he thinks he is under control. i don't want to say to much but the family of Henry Wallace Thompson should not give up there husband,father,grandfather does not did not deserve to go down that way. he was a true military vet. brandon thompson dont give up . his time will come. jake you are a scum bag and you will go to hell one way or another. DSS please be on top of this and do what is right . thanks lil ones grandparents are here and waiting for you with open arms. thanks
peoria

Peoria, IL

#19 Jun 22, 2011
This kid should be in jail. Too bad he was brought up the way he was.
PEORIA

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2011
WHY IS HE LIVING IN PEORIA IL
Michelle

New York, NY

#21 Nov 1, 2011
PEORIA wrote:
WHY IS HE LIVING IN PEORIA IL

Actually... currently he is on the run. Who knows where he is living now? The Military has been looking for him as he was supposed to ship out many months ago. I almost feel sorry for him because he has clearly destroyed his life as well. If only we could pause a little more in life and think before we act. Jake you should come home, face the music, and maybe one day after you pay for all you have done you could possibly have a life in the future. How long can you run looking over your shoulder? You're going to get caught eventually. Everyone does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Denver a boring dull place? (Jan '09) Dec 24 Big News Denver 28
sex Dec 23 Trent 4
Camp E-Ma-Etu An Eckerd Youth Alternatives camp... (May '07) Dec 22 Monteego Alpachino 244
melvina Dec 16 Patience 1
Debate: Marijuana - Mooresville, NC (Aug '10) Dec 12 Besse 61
e z way auto sales (Nov '08) Dec 8 ambee 31
Hells angel's harming and murdering women child... (Mar '09) Dec 5 T minus 29
Davidson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Davidson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Davidson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Davidson

Personal Finance