Superior Court Judge Candidate Arrested

Superior Court Judge Candidate Arrested

There are 26 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Superior Court Judge Candidate Arrested. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Greensboro lawyer who is running to become a Guilford County Superior Court judge was arrested in Mecklenburg County on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
opec

Dobson, NC

#1 Jul 26, 2010
And another fox guarding the hen house.
Ken N

High Point, NC

#2 Jul 26, 2010
What a shame. Hopefully this will work out for all involved. I'm sure there is more to the story than what is being reported.
cowboy

Greensboro, NC

#3 Jul 26, 2010
And he might be judging ME if I have to go to court for some reason!!! But, of course, he might just fit right into the court system.
Lexington Girl

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Jul 26, 2010
Well at least he can represent himself in court HAHAHA

Since: Jan 10

Mooresville

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Good point Ken H... we are all innocent until proven guilty.

Since: Jan 10

Mooresville

#6 Jul 26, 2010
Sorry... Ken N
opec

Dobson, NC

#7 Jul 26, 2010
Jack Jackseane Bon Beanie wrote:
Good point Ken H... we are all innocent until proven guilty.
Innocent until proven guilty? May I suggest a reality check?
Joe

Greensboro, NC

#8 Jul 26, 2010
This is just another reason not to elect lawyers to be judges. All they have ever done is defend the criminal, do we not think this will determine thier thought on guilty or not guilty? This does look like it's domestic and probably politically motivated. Of course, he'll never be convicted! He will be playing golf with the judge the next day.
You have no idea

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jul 26, 2010
Ha Ha,
This is just another reason not to elect lawyers to be judges. All they have ever done is defend the criminal, do we not think this will determine thier thought on guilty or not guilty?

This is not totally true.
Joe

Greensboro, NC

#10 Jul 26, 2010
Ha Ha? Prove it wrong, don't just say it. Keep in mind the word "thought" and the context it was used. A lawyers job is to find anything, whether it proves actual guilt or not guilty becouse the officers did not do something the way the lawyer thought it should be done or the way the "system" interpretes the law, in order to allow thier "client" to walk. Now, as a Judge, do you not think they will carry this misenterpretation of the way the law was wriiten and the what it actually meant? Most lawyers, NOT ALL, are nothing less than a snake. When you have one that puts themselves in a position like this, we may want to consider someone else for that job.
Smooth Move Joe

Yadkinville, NC

#11 Jul 26, 2010
Wonder since he is a lawyer, will he represent himself during his own criminal trial???
You would think he would've used more common sense than he did, but I guess not. Like they say......"You can't fix Stupid" and what he did was definitely stupid. Guess he won't be elected anytime soon as a Superior Court Judge. I sure won't vote for him, thats a fact!!!
MEC

AOL

#12 Jul 26, 2010
Charges are just that - CHARGES. To be charged doesn't make someone guilty. Anyone can make unsubstantiated claims against another and the police have to act accordingly. Has it occured to anyone that this could possibly be a result of a case Floyd is handling for a client against someone and their attempt to damage his credibility to pursue them further? Haven't we all heard of cases where someone fraudulently claims abuse/alcoholism/drug use against their estranged spouse in an attempt to enhance their position in the case? Having never been a lamb led to slaughter, I don't rush to judgement but wait until all the facts are revealed.
opec

Dobson, NC

#13 Jul 26, 2010
MEC wrote:
Charges are just that - CHARGES. To be charged doesn't make someone guilty. Anyone can make unsubstantiated claims against another and the police have to act accordingly. Has it occured to anyone that this could possibly be a result of a case Floyd is handling for a client against someone and their attempt to damage his credibility to pursue them further? Haven't we all heard of cases where someone fraudulently claims abuse/alcoholism/drug use against their estranged spouse in an attempt to enhance their position in the case? Having never been a lamb led to slaughter, I don't rush to judgement but wait until all the facts are revealed.
I marked your comment as "clueless" and answer why I did so with a question.

How many innocent people are in prison? And please, noone say all of them!
John in High Point

AOL

#14 Jul 27, 2010
Lexington Girl wrote:
Well at least he can represent himself in court HAHAHA
I like to think he will not be elected!!!!
John in High Point

AOL

#15 Jul 27, 2010
Joe wrote:
Ha Ha? Prove it wrong, don't just say it. Keep in mind the word "thought" and the context it was used. A lawyers job is to find anything, whether it proves actual guilt or not guilty becouse the officers did not do something the way the lawyer thought it should be done or the way the "system" interpretes the law, in order to allow thier "client" to walk. Now, as a Judge, do you not think they will carry this misenterpretation of the way the law was wriiten and the what it actually meant? Most lawyers, NOT ALL, are nothing less than a snake. When you have one that puts themselves in a position like this, we may want to consider someone else for that job.
I wonder what it means as the Bible says, whoa unto the Doctors and Lawyers?
John in High Point

AOL

#16 Jul 27, 2010
Smooth Move Joe wrote:
Wonder since he is a lawyer, will he represent himself during his own criminal trial???
You would think he would've used more common sense than he did, but I guess not. Like they say......"You can't fix Stupid" and what he did was definitely stupid. Guess he won't be elected anytime soon as a Superior Court Judge. I sure won't vote for him, thats a fact!!!
I'm sure his daddy will represent him.
John in High Point

AOL

#17 Jul 27, 2010
MEC wrote:
Charges are just that - CHARGES. To be charged doesn't make someone guilty. Anyone can make unsubstantiated claims against another and the police have to act accordingly. Has it occured to anyone that this could possibly be a result of a case Floyd is handling for a client against someone and their attempt to damage his credibility to pursue them further? Haven't we all heard of cases where someone fraudulently claims abuse/alcoholism/drug use against their estranged spouse in an attempt to enhance their position in the case? Having never been a lamb led to slaughter, I don't rush to judgement but wait until all the facts are revealed.
He took a key and illegally entered the home according to reports.
You have no idea

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jul 27, 2010
OMG: People don't you ever get tired of the media exagerating the situations?
How do you know that the woman , Ex girlfriend didn't persuade him to come over, and then call the law.
Come over to the gray side. There is always a gray side to most all stories.
Ted

High Point, NC

#19 Jul 27, 2010
This is a case of an ex boyfriend/girlfriend situation using the legal system (our tax dollar) to get in a p*****g match. The poor woman in this case is also an attorney and knows exactly what she is doing. Agree with You have no idea.
somewhere

Bunnlevel, NC

#20 Jul 27, 2010
Extracate their brains then turn yhem lose in so ciety

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ride 'em, j.b., ride 'em (Mar '07) Wed grown_132 388
Lowes False Advertising May 24 Lowes Not Honorin... 1
sex May 24 One for the team 8
Barney the dinosaur going to jail (Mar '11) May 16 Bunny rabit 22
brittany Robinson May 15 theshizzle 1
Erin crocker May 4 stephanie 1
Road Rage on Hwy 150 Due to Construction Bumps Apr '15 lizbarr42 1
More from around the web

Davidson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]