Amid losses, MI-C looks to upgrades and a better year

Jul 19, 2009 Full story: Mooresville Tribune

Despite losses of $6.3 million for the just-ended fiscal year a ' not including June a ' the publicly-owned MI-Connection anticipates cable television, internet and telephone revenues to grow during the 2009-10 budget year, with recent technical upgrades expected to bring more subscribers.

Full Story
Al Pfyffer

Mooresville, NC

#1 Jul 20, 2009
I am afraid that their losses will continue to grow. You can not be the HIGHEST priced provider on the market and expect to gain customers.

I checked DishNetwork, Direct and MI, and found that the price for, Dish was the lowest, Direct the next and MI way up on the top.

As a tax payer in Mooresville I wanted to support what we are paying for but can't at that high price!
Kristie H

Mooresville, NC

#2 Jul 21, 2009
First of all - I would like to know how you could possibly subscribe to the system if you are responding from Mount Ulla - the service is not available in Mount Ulla.

Second of all - you get what you pay for. The worst customer service experience you will ever have will be from DishNetwork followed by Direct. I can say that MI has a LOCAl office and LOCAL people who are able to respond quickly to customer problems. You may want to check the fine print on your pricing as most of the rates that DISH and DirecTV offer are teaser rates that only last for a limited time and you have to sign a contract for a year or more. My brother recently switched from DISH to MI after experiencing several problems and getting nowhere with the DISH customer service. His pricing was almost identical and he ended up with more options.
Dad

Ellerbe, NC

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Kristie H wrote:
First of all - I would like to know how you could possibly subscribe to the system if you are responding from Mount Ulla - the service is not available in Mount Ulla.
Second of all - you get what you pay for. The worst customer service experience you will ever have will be from DishNetwork followed by Direct. I can say that MI has a LOCAl office and LOCAL people who are able to respond quickly to customer problems. You may want to check the fine print on your pricing as most of the rates that DISH and DirecTV offer are teaser rates that only last for a limited time and you have to sign a contract for a year or more. My brother recently switched from DISH to MI after experiencing several problems and getting nowhere with the DISH customer service. His pricing was almost identical and he ended up with more options.
First of all, just because her post says Mt Ulla doesn't mean that's where she lives, it's where she's posting from. Second, I've had Direct TV for the last 8 years. Customer service is OUTSTANDING! I saw an advertisment from DISH about a lower rate than I rcv. with DTV, made one phone call to DTV, and rcv'd the lowest rate possible, with 6 mos free HBO just for calling. I have NO signed contract with them, I haven't since the first year I began their service. Thank you Direct TV, I couldn't be happier!

Since: Aug 09

Mooresville, NC

#4 Aug 4, 2009
I have Dish Network, and I have nothing but good things to say about there Customer Service, it has been great. When my dish got damaged by a storm, they had a guy out at my house two days later with every spare part he would need to fix the system. I was working again in 30 minutes.

I do have the MI-Connection (Internet Service) which I love. I did have a short break from Adelphia/Time Warner with DSL for about 3 months then I came back to MI-Connection. That was all over crapy service from Adelphia/Time Warner, then the DSL SUCKING horribly, and then MI-Connection came along and so far have run a Tight Ship, well except for the 6.whatever Million lost.

I hope MI-Connection sticks around for a while, but I don't want to have to end up spending Tax payers money to keep it afloat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new guy in town Feb 20 musicman88 1
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Feb 14 anna 7
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) Feb 8 Globetrotting2k 5
Living near an Unser Karting -- too loud? Feb 2 amamomma 1
Iredell County DSS (Oct '09) Jan 30 sandy moore 34
Mistress Asha NYC was born a MAN (Apr '13) Jan '15 Hungry 33
Wendy cook Bradshaw (Feb '14) Jan '15 meeker street darts 4
Davidson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web