Bill Mitchell Obituary

Bill Mitchell Obituary

There are 1 comment on the Paddock Talk story from Mar 1, 2014, titled Bill Mitchell Obituary. In it, Paddock Talk reports that:

On January 17, 2014, William C. Mitchell passed away suddenly at his home in Mooresville, NC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paddock Talk.

J Michael Hemsley

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#1 Mar 1, 2014
I am one of those friends of Bill Mitchell who is devastated by his passing. Bill and I covered many races together through the years, often sharing a golf cart at the track. We would call each other occasionally to talk about racing, politics, science, and whatever was in the news. I hadn't seen Bill in two years and was about to call him to see if he was going to cover the Runoffs at Laguna Seca this year. I thought he might like an opportunity to return to California for a visit.
Bill was a genius. I never did understand how he developed the programs he produced, but my science background made it possible for me to know that it took someone with special abilities to do what he did. At the track, everyone knew who Bill was, and he had friends at the top of the sport - people who respected him for his abilities and loved him for his friendship.
He will be missed, especially by me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Camp E-Ma-Etu An Eckerd Youth Alternatives camp... (May '07) Mon Denise 249
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Dec 5 VIKTOR EGOV 19
Ricky stutts Nov 30 Dongle 1
LKN Area Free Fit Club Nov 13 Christina Buter 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Nov '16 404 error 34
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) Sep '16 WheresWaldo 14
Davidson College Viral Music Video (Feb '16) Feb '16 michael_johnson 3

Davidson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davidson Mortgages