Construction kills fish in Davidson Pond

Full story: Charlotte.com
Several dead fish were removed from Davidson Pond over the weekend, due to a mistake work crews made while installing a new wastewater pipe under Griffith Street in Davidson. Full Story
John Partridge

Concord, NC

#1 Sep 25, 2007
What a bunch on crap there were over 1,000+ dead fish as of Saturday Night. I did not see anyone from the construction crew touch a fish the only people that did anything were residents who called an animal rescue group to get the duck and turtles, and 1 lone man who braved the knee deep mud with a plastic tub, dragged it across the road as the workers watched and deposited the fish in lake davidson. I guess thier non-interference could be construed as helping!!! I find it hard to believe that they so easily pump that disgusting water from the pond into lake davidson and contaminate that body of water. But somehow it was an easier to put city water back into the pond (Nice try but I think not) The fish all died on Saturday & Sunday. The cause was rapid evaporation from the heat. They could have easily left more water in the lake over the weekend but the fact is they just didn't care to think ahead. Hey, fish were going to die no matter what but just don't lie about the facts.
X-Davidson Resident

Charlotte, NC

#2 Sep 25, 2007
Davidson has alot of problems headed its way due to the poor constructed road (115) going through downtown and the wonderful use of a traffic light .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr Waco 59,727
Deputies charge man for 2010 breaking and entering 20 hr movingon 1
9-11 never forget !!!! Sep 13 Never Forget 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Waco 28
Track use at MHS Sep 4 JJD 1
Review: Tire Kingdom Sep 3 mnjack82 3
So, Where is Kevin Green? Sep 1 NC - educator 2
•••
•••
Davidson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••