Contraception, Marriage Equality? Ann...

Contraception, Marriage Equality? Ann Romney Won't Talk About Them

There are 284 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Sep 7, 2012, titled Contraception, Marriage Equality? Ann Romney Won't Talk About Them. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Ann Romney appears to not be all that happy answering questions for her husband. The wife of GOP Presidential nominee Mitt Romney declined to answer several questions about same-sex marriage and employer-provided contraception while conducting an interview with Davenport, Iowa television station KWQC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#1 Sep 7, 2012
Let the dithering begin! She obviously went to the same school of avoidance her husband did. So, she clams up when asked questions she dare not answer? My, how informative. What's she hiding? If she is so prudish and conservative, TESTIFY, sister, appeal to your right wingers. You cannot run with the hounds AND the hares, Mrs. Romney.

In other words, "trust us! You'll hear ALL about it when we are in office."

It reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal", do you take what's hidden behind curtain one or two or three? After you make your decision, it is not changeable.

Sorry, I may take a chance on a trip to Hawaii or a snowmobile or a "zonk" when on a game show, but NOT when it is how my country will be run for the next 4 years. "no talkee, no votee."

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#2 Sep 7, 2012
she wont talk about contraception because she uses her insurance provided one
mstrangelove

Jacksonville, AR

#3 Sep 7, 2012
How dare you people ask me these questions.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#4 Sep 7, 2012
Queen Ann does not talk of such things with the little people it's beneath her.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5 Sep 7, 2012
Only digging that grave deeper...How can someone think avoiding questions is a good strategy?
Oh yeah, people who are against equal rights.
Ty C

Gilbert, AZ

#6 Sep 7, 2012
Shes MORMON!!! They don't talk about issues involving sexton in any way, Mitt only mentions abortions because he feeds on the souls of newborns and it steals his food. But yea, she is mormon so most likely against all of it.

Since: Feb 11

Reality

#7 Sep 7, 2012
She comes across as snobbish and cold. Very detached from regular working Americans. She's even worse that Flip floppin Mitt.

I'll be glad when they both go away.
God Is The Only Choice

Akron, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Ann Romney has been through a lot in her life, breast cancer and also has Multiple Sclerosis. Why not leave her alone? It's the decent thing to do.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#9 Sep 7, 2012
God Is The Only Choice wrote:
Ann Romney has been through a lot in her life, breast cancer and also has Multiple Sclerosis. Why not leave her alone? It's the decent thing to do.
We'll leave them alone as soon as they leave US alone. It's the decent thing to do.
david traversa

San Miguel De Tucuman, Argentina

#10 Sep 7, 2012
Probably knew she couldn't say anything intelligent about either.. Silence is often mistaken for prudence..
God Is The Only Choice

Akron, OH

#11 Sep 7, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll leave them alone as soon as they leave US alone. It's the decent thing to do.
Your special kind of nasty is disgusting. "THEY" are not doing anything to you. Don't vote for them if you don't want to, but to tear into someone who's got medical issues, not right. Thank God I was born with compassion. Thank God I'm not like you. I am grateful!
God Is The Only Choice

Akron, OH

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, just noticed you're from Canada. Why are you butting in? It doesn't affect you one little bit what happens here in the USA.
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#14 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Your special kind of nasty is disgusting. "THEY" are not doing anything to you. Don't vote for them if you don't want to, but to tear into someone who's got medical issues, not right. Thank God I was born with compassion. Thank God I'm not like you. I am grateful!
"They are not doing anything to you"? "They" being the republican party, actually is not a woman-friendly party.
If I have cancer, and went on public record saying that all women, starting at the tender age of 12 should be raped whenever any man wanted to rape them, would you be upset at anyone who disagreed with me, just because I have cancer?
"They" want to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood. "They" want to outlaw abortions. "They" want to etc...
You were not "born" with compassion, obviously.

Robert
david traversa

San Miguel De Tucuman, Argentina

#16 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
BTW, just noticed you're from Canada. Why are you butting in? It doesn't affect you one little bit what happens here in the USA.
That's like asking "Why does the US butt-in in everything that happens around the world?" Silly questions, both..
Davedm34

Edmonton, Canada

#18 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
On the contrary: everything that the US government does affects us Canadians in some way or another. When the American economy goes in the shitter we feel the pain because suddenly our country's #1 trading partner is unable to buy our resources... As long as we don't hold out on the fossil fuels there's no issuen right? We're paying just about 6 bucks a gallon for gas that we're refining ourselves... NEVER MIND the crap we have to go through to visit the US thgese days. Before you think that what happens in US politics doesn't affect anyone else, think about how many nations are unavoidably stuck catering to your government because the alternative (ask the gov'ts of Afghanistan, Iraq, any communist government, or even Mexico) isn't palatable. I'm grateful that the opinions of your kind are not the voice of the majority in your country.

Palm Springs, California

#19 Sep 7, 2012
oh, my. They were NOT kidnapped and dragged into this race, they entered with eyes open and aware of the blood bath waiting for them. I'm sorry she has had some challenges health wise, but how is asking her some questions indecent? Should we just treat them with kid gloves?

In the event of some national emergency, is a hostile foreign leader going to be all nicey nicey to keep Romney from being upset and offended?

Palm Springs, California

#20 Sep 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh, yest it does! Canada is tied for life to the USA and anything that happens here affects them as well. I guess you want the Canadians to put up hostile fences along the border. Do you want to take a course of isolationism from other nations then? We see how well that worked in 1941.
Qwerty

Lewes, DE

#21 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I think your words in your second to last sentence pretty much sums up your attitude: "Thank God I'm not like you." What a condescending, patronizing thing to say. You apparently feel that you are morally superior to everyone else. You might want to spend a little time reviewing what your sacred text and the leading figure of your religion say about people who think the way you do. It's not going to give you any warm fuzzies, believe me!
Ocean56

AOL

#22 Sep 8, 2012
lol Riiiiiiiiiight, she should be "left alone" because she's afraid to answer certain questions, which would no doubt make her hubby Mitt look even worse than he does now.

If she avoids answering questions because they're "inconvenient" for her to answer, then she can be prepared to deal with a lot of verbal criticism from the public.
Ocean56

AOL

#23 Sep 8, 2012
Oh please, what utter nonsense. Ann Romney knew very well that as the wife of a PRESIDENTIAL candidate, she would be in the spotlight as well as her husband. If she really expected that she could avoid answering questions because they made her uncomfortable, she was seriously mistaken.

The questions she avoided answering had nothing to do with her personal health issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: United Home Renovators (Sep '11) May 19 Contractor 6
Debate: Marijuana - Davenport, IA (Aug '10) Feb '16 Sarah 26
News Clinton says jail was 'right thing' for Kentuck... (Oct '15) Feb '16 Not Hillary Again 5
The Working Class Jan '16 WATCHDOG 1
News Bernie Sanders in Iowa this weekend Jan '16 Jeremy 2
Washington DC Topix Postings by WATCHDOG Jan '16 Closed Minds 3
PROOF ObamaCare Really IS Working ? Jan '16 Closed Minds 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davenport Mortgages