First Prev
of 2
Next Last
johnny heath

Davenport, IA

#1 Oct 26, 2008
Is action towing doing repairs with shop equipment and tools they stole from me? thieves!!
areonna

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2008
thieves? thier the best tow company around. they are sooo nice and they have really good prices too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
concerned

AOL

#4 Dec 14, 2008
read qc times - Many local people not happy - company calls folks they tow "real jerks" - rates are very/very high
fuckaduck

Davenport, IA

#5 Dec 15, 2008
first of all they are all convicts for stealing. so to steal is in the owners and employees nature. so i believe "johnny" when he says that they stole from him. One of their employees stole a porsche right out of someone's driveway! so to steal nonessential things from a vehicle would child's play! records for these individuals should be made public as well as the owners.
johnny heath

United States

#7 Dec 25, 2008
i plan to sue action for deformation of charachetr for spreading lies about me! you dont live in davenport you are defending a sinking ship ass hole
if you what to continue slandering me whom which you do not know then i will take civil litigation against you! also note i am sueing action towing for over 37 thousand that they did not pay me for
oh yea what was your name again i neeed it for my records as hole!
johnny heath
maranda wrote:
didnt you steal from Hempel Pipe and Blackhawk Foundry mr. Johnny? what a doosh.
johnny heath

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2008
doosh hey it says at the top of the page topix YOUR TOWN!that means worry about what goes on in your town and not what dan wallace told you to say dan wallace will drag you down with him if you let him well,i beleive your better than that anyone is better than dan wallace !stupid!
bob

Davenport, IA

#9 Jan 29, 2009
who owns Action Towing?I heard they were crooks ,when Johnny Heath had tools stolen by him,why didnt the owner of Action Towing go to jail?sounds like Johnny Heath has suffered an injustice!
Tim

Davenport, IA

#10 Jan 29, 2009
one brazen Action Towing truck driver openly flaunts his aggressive towing style, using proceeds from questionable yanks to fund a personal fleet of Harley Davidson motorcycles.
On Christmas Eve , police arrested three tow truck drivers after an investigation "revealed that the towing service was committing auto thefts and extortion under the guise of legitimate tows," according to the arrest report.
And in late December, police caught two drivers red-handed when they yanked a decoy vehicle from a pay-to-park lot as cameras rolled in a nearby police surveillance van.
Hitching onto the insular, cash-driven and lightly regulated tow truck industry, dozens of communities from Asheville to Davenport, Iowa to Fairview Ore., are exposing a shadowy and controversial front in the parking wars.
Taken together, recent headlines from around the country offer a glimpse into the nebulous underworld of "predatory towing" where risk-taking parking scofflaws share some of the blame with wildcatting tow truck drivers.
But the tension is building as downtown congestion grows, the troubled economy puts pressure on tow companies' cash flow, and what drivers see as their rights increasingly conflict all summed up by that sinking feeling of perusing a parking lot for a car that is no longer there.
"There are tow companies out there that are becoming more and more visible, out there hijacking cars," says Ron Smith, of Houston-based Compiled Logic, which tracks "non-consensual tows." "Space gets short, communities expand, parking becomes premium, and people ... set up places and try to pull vehicles."
After largely deregulating the towing industry in 1996, Congress tried to address the excesses starting in 2005, when a clause in the federal highway bill gave states and municipalities greater authority to oversee local towing practices.
it under state forfeiture laws and sell it either at auction or for scrap. "I felt like someone was trying to steal something from me," says Middleton.
But if industry deregulation has played a role in this cat and mouse game, so have social forces and lack of preparation for an onslaught of vehicles into smaller cities trying to become residential and business hubs, says Siim Soot, of the Urban Transportation Center at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
"Often, the only way to minimize the congestion problem is to tow vehicles," says Professor Soot. "And there's a little bit of gamesmanship here where you can try to park and sort of beat the system by being there long enough so that you can conduct business, but not so long so someone can tow the vehicle. Some people are just willing to take the risk."

In Davenport, tow truck company owner Dan Wallace has been called a jackal and a vulture on TV by the mayor of the city, no less. His crime? Aggressively patrolling an apartment building parking lot managed by Susan Graham, who says Mr. Wallace is "doing an awesome job" protecting her tenants' parking spaces.
"The city has issued too many business licenses and too much residential occupancy for the amount of parking available," says Wallace. "So people take a chance."
Defending his practice of stationing a tow truck downtown to patrol the parking lot, Wallace says, "It's no different than a speed trap or a red light camera."
joe

Davenport, IA

#11 Jan 29, 2009
one brazen Action Towing truck driver openly flaunts his aggressive towing style, using proceeds from questionable yanks to fund a personal fleet of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

On Christmas Eve , police arrested three tow truck drivers after an investigation "revealed that the towing service was committing auto thefts and extortion under the guise of legitimate tows," according to the arrest report.

And in late December, police caught two drivers red-handed when they yanked a decoy vehicle from a pay-to-park lot as cameras rolled in a nearby police surveillance van.

Hitching onto the insular, cash-driven and lightly regulated tow truck industry, dozens of communities from Asheville to Davenport, Iowa to Fairview Ore., are exposing a shadowy and controversial front in the parking wars.

Taken together, recent headlines from around the country offer a glimpse into the nebulous underworld of "predatory towing" where risk-taking parking scofflaws share some of the blame with wildcatting tow truck drivers.

But the tension is building as downtown congestion grows, the troubled economy puts pressure on tow companies' cash flow, and what drivers see as their rights increasingly conflict all summed up by that sinking feeling of perusing a parking lot for a car that is no longer there.

"There are tow companies out there that are becoming more and more visible, out there hijacking cars," says Ron Smith, of Houston-based Compiled Logic, which tracks "non-consensual tows." "Space gets short, communities expand, parking becomes premium, and people ... set up places and try to pull vehicles."

After largely deregulating the towing industry in 1996, Congress tried to address the excesses starting in 2005, when a clause in the federal highway bill gave states and municipalities greater authority to oversee local towing practices.

That led to a tough new law in California that mandates large signage, no cash-only requirements, and no fee if a driver reaches the lot before the tow truck driver has left. A similar New York law went into effect in October, outlawing "kickbacks" from towing companies to property owners for allowing them to tow cars at will from their lots.

Now, with some 30,000 nonconsensual tows taking place in the US each day most legal, but many not dozens of communities are also taking advantage of the 2005 law. New ordinances address the chief complaints from drivers: lack of reliable signage, egregious towing and impound fees, and cash-only policies.

"We know that there are some illegal and unethical practices going on," says Captain of the Police Department. "If you can yank 12 or 14 cars a night at $150 a pop, that's a pretty lucrative proposition."

A growing issue in many cities
Why Not

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2009
Affordable repair.(Johnny Heath) Why not take legal action rather the internet threats coward. Maybe you are the crook?
joe wrote:
That led to a tough new law in California that mandates large signage, no cash-only requirements, and no fee if a driver reaches the lot before the tow truck driver has left. A similar New York law went into effect in October, outlawing "kickbacks" from towing companies to property owners for allowing them to tow cars at will from their lots.
Now, with some 30,000 nonconsensual tows taking place in the US each day most legal, but many not dozens of communities are also taking advantage of the 2005 law. New ordinances address the chief complaints from drivers: lack of reliable signage, egregious towing and impound fees, and cash-only policies.
"We know that there are some illegal and unethical practices going on," says Captain of the Police Department. "If you can yank 12 or 14 cars a night at $150 a pop, that's a pretty lucrative proposition."
A growing issue in many cities

“Affordable Auto Repair”

Since: Jan 09

Davenport, IA

#13 Feb 4, 2009
Well when some one steals from you ,it takes a little time to recover and obtain a lawyer ,but ok I have plenty of evidence to support my claims!you can meet me at the court house tommorrow and watch me file it if you like! ill just file everthing seperatly and run each thing through seperatly i think that will save on lawyer fees!thanks for the for the un founded comment!you just help me out!as for what you are claiming i posted maybee you are saying there because my email password was comprimised and alot of denial service and bad posts were done to my web pages ,so how do i know you are not invold directtly or know the people responsible for that?
brian

Bettendorf, IA

#14 Feb 25, 2009
Maranda,

You must work for Action Towing or are involved with someone there. I called AAA for a tow of my car from 53rd Street in Davenport to Tires Plus in Davenport. I was told that I had to pay the overages of $235.00 and if I did not pay this money to them, they would take my car to their impound yard and it would cost twice as much and I would have to pay cash to get it out.

Action Towing is the worst towing company ever!!!
areonna

Davenport, IA

#15 Mar 2, 2009
areonna wrote:
thieves! they are the worst towing company around.
You heard it here first!
Action Towing

Davenport, IA

#16 Mar 2, 2009
Why Not wrote:
.(Austin Wallace) Why not take legal action rather the internet threats coward. Maybe you are the crook?
<quoted text>
Action Towing Says Yes We are And our Davenport Customers are Jerks!
Action Towing

Davenport, IA

#17 Mar 2, 2009
maranda wrote:
didnt you steal from Hempel Pipe and Blackhawk Foundry Mr Action towing, what a bunch of dooshes.
Action Towing sucks!
bob

Waterloo, IA

#19 Dec 6, 2009
action towing is legit your just mad because they are making money and you are not
joe deppe

Davenport, IA

#20 Mar 25, 2010
action towing stole money from my car! beware of this company the city of davenport has had over 300 complaints on them ,they also will harass you if you complain about it or write a negative review they are really jackals like davenport city officials say!
joe deppe

Davenport, IA

#21 Mar 25, 2010
these guys are crooks and the owner dan wallace and the driver Kieth are child molesters! beware you are helping a child molesters when you you use them for your tow!
JMK

Waukesha, WI

#22 Aug 13, 2010
joe deppe wrote:
these guys are crooks and the owner dan wallace and the driver Kieth are child molesters! beware you are helping a child molesters when you you use them for your tow!
Saying people are child molesters is a serious issue. Do you think you should be posting false accusations like this? Especially if they are not true. I looked up information on both of these two and didn't find anything. If you are going to say something, make sure you do your research and post things that are true and you can prove.
Questionable

Des Moines, IA

#23 Sep 1, 2010
Before you post something online be sure that you realize the people you hurt. A building owners asked that cars be removed that did not belong so if you parked there too bad. Dan wallace is NOT a child molester and you should not judge someone just because your vehicle got towed. The internet allows for this kind of thing if you want to judge get to knwo the company you are dealing with. Had my car towed because it broke down - Action Towing did an excellent job and driver was polite. Yeah it burns if you are stupid enough to park somewhere you should not be and then get towed. Especially these days when costs are all going up for us all. If you are a real consumer you know the going rate for towing and you should always price compare if it concerns you that much. You choose that company for a reason.
Q

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women Continue To Line Up For Concealed Carry P... Jan 24 Here Is One 1
Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC Nov '14 Chiropractor From... 7
Man arrested near White House with rifle waives... Nov '14 inbred Genius 27
Latest President Obama report card on factcheck... Oct '14 mdresch 2
wyec radio station Oct '14 LOYAL CITIZEN 1
Lutheran church sued for handling of abuse case (Feb '09) Oct '14 Michael 2
tabitha rozales Sep '14 Ravyn 1

Winter Storm Warning for Scott County was issued at February 01 at 7:24AM CST

Davenport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Davenport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet