Is Davenport flood wall too late?

Mar 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KRQE

The Mississippi River city long pilloried for refusing to build a flood wall is finally getting one to safeguard its water supply, but delays mean the structure will not be in place for possible flooding this spring.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2011

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

If the Army Corps of Engineers builds it, you might as well not build it. Not only that, it will cost a fortune and then some to keep those guys in lobster Ceviche for breakfast and dancing on the moonlight cruise at our expense on their little "Meetings" in places like Florida.
Bend Over Davenport

Aledo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Davenpor has a private water Company which has exacted some heavy pay Hikes over the past few Years, Looks like Their Customers about to be flooded with more Hefty Pay increases. Bend over Davenport, your going to need to build a Levy around your Ass or at least that Wallet in your Back Pocket!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Davenport Discussions

Search the Davenport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Crush Jul 3 Man i saw last weekend 2
#BusinessBuzz -- Chiropractor offers unique tre... Jul 1 Chiropractor from Chicago 4
Online petition set up in support of Terry Swails (Jan '08) Jun 28 Bill Williams 92
ive been a bad boy mommy Jun 25 cougar hunters dad 3
hot chic Jun 25 davenport cop 2
Health services free Jun '14 The Easter Bunny 1
Congressman Rush of Illinois Investigating Ebay Jun '14 EcommerceBlogger 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Davenport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••