Abandoned buildings in davenport?

Abandoned buildings in davenport?

Posted in the Davenport Forum

“user from davenport”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 29, 2009
I watched the city counsel meeting recently and some people were asking about these abandoned houses,but the city said they dont want to do any thing with them? Why not rent the abondoned building on nw blvd for example ,
there is a guy storing cars in it.i would like to keep my buisiness in operation but cant without a shop ,they could rent one to me i could fix it up,the neighbors would be happy city makes money on a property thats a pimple on the city everyone wins!
just a thought they say they are trying to keep and make jobs?
also the building on nw blvd is just an example ill take anything ,I can run my buisineses from any were im not picky
Sarah

Thomasville, GA

#2 Jul 4, 2011
I'm with you! That's almost my idea exactly. I want one of those houses - I need the space for my "large" family. But I dont have the money to buy with all the mumbo-jumbo required up front. If they dont want them, give them away, give larger incentives/tax breaks to buy or let me rent. We can afford a monthly payment, rent-to-own or mortgage and we can afford to fix it up over time. They say they are giving incentives thru HAPPEN and what not, but its a ton of red tape and it still costs a lot of $$$ and the legalities associated with home ownership. They tore down Octave Thanet's house?! Thats a piece of Davenport history bulldozed away. I'll take any of them, I'm not picky either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disp... Aug 22 kuda 83
Poll Who do You Support For President 2016 (Jan '16) Jul 28 fields of gold 2
Chris Wheeler And Charles Priest And Wendy Bantram Jul 28 Lois Deerfield 2
Kelly Ageler And Jody Tucker And Christa Stell ... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
Steel Jun '16 Corppe 1
Review: United Home Renovators (Sep '11) May '16 Contractor 6
Debate: Marijuana - Davenport, IA (Aug '10) Feb '16 Sarah 26

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance