Would-be homeowners, many of them Bri...

Would-be homeowners, many of them British, want money back from...

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Would-be homeowners, many of them British, want money back from.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A group of would-be resort-home owners is attempting to force an Orlando developer into U.S. Bankruptcy Court, saying the company took about $34 million in deposits for never-built houses in Polk County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Surfer

Ireland

#1 Mar 1, 2009
There appears to be a rot spreading through Orlando and Kissimmee. See recent article from an Irish newspaper:-

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/irish...
What

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2009
The only "rot" seems to be British developers running amok with the money of their own countrymen.
Wood turner

London, UK

#3 Mar 2, 2009
The "brit" referred to in this article makes no distinction between the nationalities he rips off.

He plays the blame game at every opportunity and he is now trying to run away from a huge debt. Florida is a fantastic place but its legal system seems to be powerless and unwilling to intervene on what is a major problem for it.

Think of Weiker and Gabay and you are in the right area. I do not think that Weiker was a "brit"
Kathy

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2009
Wood turner has it right - the Florida State Attorney General office should get involved instead of ignoring what these crooks are doing!
Shot Gun

Coatbridge, UK

#5 Mar 12, 2009
This story has now reached the UK press via the London Evening Standard. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/articl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toho Sewage health concerns 1 hr Rise 1
Hurricane Local Statement for Polk County star... Sep 11 jim 1
Review: Solivita (Sep '12) Sep 11 ACM 49
If you are riding hurricane Irma please print y... Sep 10 Concerned Onlooker 2
Kissimmee police left as I had 2nd stroke (Feb '17) Sep 4 They sucked 3
When did Kissimmee become 2/3 latino/Puerto Rican? (Jul '14) Aug 29 WHITE NEW YORKER 29
Review: PROMOCIONES CULTURA Y HERENCIA HISPANA(... Aug 26 Rosam01 1

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davenport Mortgages