New sheriff's office takes first step forward

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

County Sheriff Phil Wowak has a dream: a brand new, state-of-the-art sheriff's office smack in the middle of the county -- either Live Oak or Soquel -- where deputies can easily drive to calls.
Comments
41 - 44 of 44 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ocean street jeff

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Consolidate all police departments in the county into the sheriff's department. This creats one police agency for the county, one records department, one dispatch center, one swat team and no need for a new buildings. You use the new police department buildings for the sub stations. Lots of money saved by getting rid of $200,000 a year police chiefs. Also the sheriff should look into taking over the State Parks Police who are worthless at following up on major crimes. Good luck sheriff, don't waste the money on a pipe dream. Besides I like seeing armed deputies in the county building I feel safe!
Juan Taco

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Its OK sheriff to dream ,I have a dream too.Dont feel hurt may I can be your friend.
GOpee inna bottle

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

but we need to have the parks cops to kick riff raff off the beach at sunset and to nail people in the empty parking lots who dont pay

all law personel need to be drug tested-often- of course-no potheads -with a badge.

of course making tighter beach cerfews/rules is a priority
GOpee inna bottle

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

park pork should be used for major crimes tho-we need all the pork available-get them illegals-bums-n riff raff n thugs n bangers out of our face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Davenport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Davenport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••