Fire destroys Lundberg Studios showro...

Fire destroys Lundberg Studios showroom in Davenport

There are 22 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 24, 2010, titled Fire destroys Lundberg Studios showroom in Davenport. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A showroom for the art glass company Lundberg Studios was destroyed by fire early this morning, Cal Fire officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don the Man

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Nov 24, 2010
What a tragedy. Lundberg Studios was perhaps the only world class art studio in Santa Cruz county. I hope they can rebound soon.
a girl in capitola

Boulder Creek, CA

#2 Nov 24, 2010
That totally sucks. I love that place. Got a really cool sea glass necklace there a long time ago.
Sorry.:(
FREE SPEECH

Daly City, CA

#3 Nov 24, 2010
"Cal Fire officials were on hand for several hours Friday, mopping up the fire."

Isn't today Wednesday?
Free For All

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Nov 24, 2010
What a disaster, especially as they weer stocked up for Christmas sales. At least they were able to contain it to that building. I hope their cat wasn't in there at the time.
Go Blow

Alviso, CA

#7 Nov 24, 2010
SC Native wrote:
Faulty electrical wires!
Its the easy way to fake
an accident!
Insurance money will come in handy
since liberals are not spending
money on art the past couple of
years.
Nasty Nasty liberals!
Same thing happend to that furniture
store Home Space last year. The liberal
fire inspector said the cause could not be
determined due to the severity of the fire.
Happy Thanksgiving.
The Scream

Fremont, CA

#8 Nov 24, 2010
It sounds like the rest of the facility is okay. I hope they didn't keep all of their stock in the showroom.
The Scream

Fremont, CA

#9 Nov 24, 2010
Go Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Thanksgiving.
It's gotta be performance art.
Dave

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Nov 24, 2010
SC Native wrote:
Faulty electrical wires!
Its the easy way to fake
an accident!
Insurance money will come in handy
since liberals are not spending
money on art the past couple of
years.
Nasty Nasty liberals!
Same thing happend to that furniture
store Home Space last year. The liberal
fire inspector said the cause could not be
determined due to the severity of the fire.
Man, you are really nuts! Get some help, would you?
Why

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Nov 24, 2010
does "sc native" think his/her political opinion is worthy of the space here. He/she is a very cold heartless sob/dob!
What is your problem

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2010
SC Native wrote:
Mean speculative uninformed gibberish.
Nasty Nasty liberals!
Mean speculative uninformed gibberish.
Seek help ASAP.
Donya - Lundberg Studios

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Nov 24, 2010
All of us at Lundberg Studios are so grateful for the expeditious assistance of the fire officials on the scene, and the good samaritan that noticed the fire. Everyone went above and beyond during our time of need. The loss of the showroom is tragic, but, thanks to everyone involved, the hot shop and the office were not damaged. We will rebuild and continue our tradition of excellence. This Thanksgiving, we are truly thankful for the kindness of strangers...and that no one was hurt!
John

San Francisco, CA

#15 Nov 24, 2010
Donya - Lundberg Studios wrote:
All of us at Lundberg Studios are so grateful for the expeditious assistance of the fire officials on the scene, and the good samaritan that noticed the fire. Everyone went above and beyond during our time of need. The loss of the showroom is tragic, but, thanks to everyone involved, the hot shop and the office were not damaged. We will rebuild and continue our tradition of excellence. This Thanksgiving, we are truly thankful for the kindness of strangers...and that no one was hurt!
Good to hear; hope you and Eric and family are OK as well.(Martha and John)
CraftyGirl

Watsonville, CA

#16 Nov 24, 2010
Hurray for the good samaritan! what a great person and citizen~
nivedita

San Francisco, CA

#17 Nov 24, 2010
This has brought back such nostalgia....jim and i were sweeties back in 77 and 78, or so... he had just finished construction of his house, with the showroom up front.I designed the glass window shelving in the front windows.. .I remember every aspect of that building, from when i lived there , and how changed it was when i visited again after his death, several years after i had moved on to other things.. we remained friends in the brief moments when we would suddenly find ourselves in proximity...I remember the day i saw the newspaper article of an unknown cyclist in a tragic accident, and the next day discovering it to be Jimmy....I am rich with memories of those days and nights so long ago, the friends i made during that time.. i mourn the structure which held so many memories, and smile, knowing that, that cannot be taken away...
Just a local

San Francisco, CA

#18 Nov 24, 2010
Obviously Santa Cruz Native, has not gotten laid, and is a very lonely person!! Very bitter and nasty!! Guess masturbating turns you that way!!
Not a done deal yet

Santa Clara, CA

#19 Nov 25, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you are really nuts! Get some help, would you?
He is Mr. Naive. Ignore him.
One mans treasure

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Nov 25, 2010
I once found a a paperweight at a garage sale for $1.00. I had no idea who Lundberg was. I thought it was simply a nice clear glass paperweight. I went to send it out to a friend when my sister noticed it was a Lundberg. When we held it up to the light, this hand blown masterpiece acted as a lens putting whatever you saw through it into a perfect circle in the center of the piece. The one dollar find was worth 600.00 used. It amazed me how someone could hand blow something like that. Sad to think of all that work up in smoke. I hope they are not impacted too badly and continue on making such wonderful pieces.

Very sorry for the loss. Glad nobody was hurt.
Marilyn

San Jose, CA

#21 Nov 25, 2010
Donya - Lundberg Studios wrote:
I am so glad you are all safe, please ignore the negative messages you read - Santa Cruz loves you and we are all sorry for your loss.
Sue Partington

United States

#22 Nov 25, 2010
I'm so sad to read of this tragic fire; glad about no loss of humans, but oh the loss of so much beauty. It has been my privilege over the years to shop there and to observe the actual glass blowing process. Also some relatives from out of town have happily carried home beautiful souvenirs. My children now have the pieces I bought as I'm in a nursing home. Good luck in rising from the ashes!
The Scream

Aptos, CA

#23 Nov 25, 2010
so, you all, head on up there and get a piece of glass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holy Schlicht! TBSC Member Trolls Hard! 2 hr Guy 15
News Santa Cruz rents drop to pre-2007 levels, but s... (Jan '10) 8 hr Ben Dover 86
News Cops and Courts: March 31, 2009 (Mar '09) May '17 George Martin 32
News Teen gets life sentence for Beach Hill fatal st... (Aug '10) Jul '16 helms 63
News County, Sierra Northern fail to see eye to eye ... (Sep '10) Jul '15 ANON 79
News Cops and Courts: Jan. 9, 2015: Salinas man hit ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 John Stigmata cousin 4
News Photo leads to identity theft arrest in Santa Cruz (May '14) May '14 Jeffryhelms 8

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davenport Mortgages