Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210640 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an openly gay man for probably 10 years before I knew about the "hankie code". How exactly does a straight man know about them?
I googled "hankie", after Frank asked if that one poster needed a hankie. I was gonna post a link for one, and saw that, on Wiki....
:-D
I didn't know about, until then. It was funny..I had no idea..
Ahh, the things we can learn about, while mocking each other, no?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210641 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh this is a free country, they can do business where they choose to do business.
Amen! They have no need to affect our laws, in order to conduct business. Thank for that one...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210642 Aug 18, 2013
Big Cappers wrote:
It doesn't sound kosher to me...
MoveOn.org Civic Action was founded by Joan Blades and Wes Boyd, two Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. They are both of an age that could place them as children of the Holocaust survivor generation, not survivors themselves. They were both born over a decade after the end of WWII. And, neither of them strikes me as being Jewish. But, I guess it is possible. Many of the other MoveOn personnel seem to be even younger.
I have studied the Holocaust a fair bit. I have never read about Jews who sold out other Jews. But, I am sure it happened. More likely, it happened as a means of survival. It would not make much sense for a Jew to be doing that to make money in Nazi-dominated Europe. Jewish assets had been confiscated from before the Holocaust.
Perhaps you should just ask your Dad whom he was talking about.
Sounds to me like he was repeating someone's biased, negative opinion about MoveOn. Hopefully, it wasn't anti-Semitic.
Yes, indeed, Jews sold out Jews. There were collaborators in every corner. Much like todays "Confidential Informer"... Even in the Concentration Camps, there were Jewish collaborators.. These were called "Trustees".
There's always going to be people that are willing to sell out their own, in order to curry favor
Just look at D, with his "My company won't tolerate...." nonsense. Violates the very fabric of our country, to not be able to speak ones mind. He'd rather earn a bigger cubicle, with his rants....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210644 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can. I don't need your permission. So go fck yourself.
Yes, you DO need my permission to post. Stop being so impertinent...
And, I didn't give you permission to swear at me, either... Apologize. Do it now.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210645 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Big D was a great help in exposing Joanie baloney's lies. We should give him credit for helping us get to the truth. The kids are not biological like Joanie tried to lead us to believe. Also Joanie lives in Georgia, a state that constitutionally bans SSM and doesn't recognize gay marriages performed elsewhere. So his claim of a husband is highly suspect.
One does not thank a tool. One merely uses the tool, and puts it down, when done with it.

Joanie may say what it wants to say. It's still a free country, at least for a little longer....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210646 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome fell not long after establishing Christianity as the empires religion... see isn't that easy?
Sure, sure... inflation, presence of lead in water, poor management of financial stress, hoarding, trade deficit, and division of empire paved a way for successful Germanic invasions by German tribes, which eventually led to the fall of Rome. All sorts of pesky issues...
Not just your pet pony....
Tellit

Chico, CA

#210647 Aug 18, 2013
The wearing of various colored bandanas around the neck was common in the mid- and late-nineteenth century among cowboys, steam railroad engineers, and miners in the Western United States. It is thought that the wearing of bandanas by gay men originated in San Francisco after the Gold Rush, when, because of a shortage of women, men dancing with each other in square dances developed a code wherein the man wearing the blue bandana took the male part in the square dance, and the man wearing the red bandana took the female part (these bandanas were usually worn around the arm or hanging from the belt or in the back pocket of one's jeans). It is thought that the modern hanky code started in New York City in late 1970 or early 1971 when a journalist for the Village Voice joked that instead of simply wearing keys to indicate whether someone was a "top" or a "bottom", it would be more efficient to subtly announce their particular sexual focus by wearing different colored hankies.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210648 Aug 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome fell after it went gay. See how easy that is!
They were VERY gay. It couldn't endure... It was bound to fail...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210649 Aug 18, 2013
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>I know how polls work and I know how wrong that poll is. The newsmax poll is a random poll. They had over 500,000 respondents and 69% of them were opposed to same sex marriage. Big shift from the bias polls that are designed to created an asch paradigm and cause people to follow a perceived conformity. This is not a civil rights issue, I suggest you spin your sound bites to children who do not know better.
Since 37 states and 187 countries support normal marriages and only judicial tyranny has allowed for any same sex marriages, I am certain that not even gay activists believe your polls.
Facts are what they are and you not having them does not change a thing.
Polls are rigged. They ask leading questions, they use carefully pre-screened subjects, and compile the answers to deliver a pre-arranged result. The results are tailored to the entity paying for the "poll"...
D loves to use these so-called "polls" .. Although these "polls" are easy to disprove. Make a bumper sticker, as I did, and judge the results for yourself...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210650 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, several states have added SSM by popular vote...
seems your "facts", like your prejudice and bigotry are out of date...
you seem to also be forgetting that our federal gov't now recognizes, and supports same sex marriages.
facts are fun!
The facts are that over 70% of Americans disapprove of the way that this country is being run, imcluding this issue. My facts are real, not garnered from a BS propaganda site...
I use facts. You appear to be dependant on "factoids"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210651 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
same sex marriage is a normal marriage in the state of California, no difference.
You are free to work for WalMart or Chick-fil-a as they are likely to be the last companies doing business in those states before long
Misuse of a word, here: "here". Not "normal". You should have used, say, "abnormal"...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210652 Aug 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is a reality and recognized on the state and federal level, your opinion is not
Sure it is. By the vast majority of the population of this country.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210653 Aug 18, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooh....scary...very scary...."publicly humiliated"....by the Great and powerful lides!
It sounds like one of those crummy, melodramatic Chinese movies, doesn't it?
:-D

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210654 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not want to sound cruel by any means, but I really do not like your take on Apostle Paul. My husband and I love Apostle Paul and his writings and we are encouraged every time we read them. They make perfect sense to us and to everyone that I have been around that we have studied with. We really do not know where you are coming from at all. You must have a much different Faith in Christ that I persoanlly ever heard of. I have been in Churches where the pastor does not believe in the Old Testament and thought of it as being fairy tales, where we did stay to make change and we did get some people out of there, but this what you are telling me takes the cake. Apostle Paul in Galatians Chapter 1 verse 11 & 12 make it very clear to us that Apostle Paul was chosen for many reasons and one of them was to receive revelation from Christ to write the epistles. I quote: "But I certify to you brethern, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." We believe that when he fell on the way to Damascus and was blinded that Jesus told him to follow him and teach the gospel and so everything that Apostle Paul says is the gospel of Christ. Sometimes in the King James Paul will say that this is of him speaking, but 99% of the time, Christ is speaking through him. After all, he gave his life for Christ. One of my most favorite chapters in all the New Testament in Acts 17, when Apostle Paul was preaching in Athens, Greece to the people who were worshipping the unknown God and then he told them about His Faith in Christ. My husband and I think that perhaps, you should take another look at Apostle Paul because we feel you are being deceived. We use his writings through Christ for all of our teachings.
You wrote: "I have to determined who is Christian and who isn't and the only way I know that if the person who I am talking to is not obeying God's Commandments."

Why do you need to know who is a Christian or not? Only GOD can do that, are you God? or just playing like it?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210655 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no state interest in banning same sex marriage, and all of the same state interest in allowing it.
Are you really trying to prove that gay married couples are less secure? Good luck with that one.
Prove that banning same sex marriage sends a healthy message to gay kids about their future. Prove that gay married couples are less emotionally and financially secure than unmarried couples. Prove that the children of gay couples are better off if their parents cannot marry. Prove that gay couples and their kids would not benefit from uniform family law. Finally, prove that marriage is of no benefit to elderly gay people when it comes to financial security.
You see, marriage doesn't NEED to benefit the state to be legal - legality is the DEFAULT position. It's a basic civil right.
If you want to make it illegal, and deny it to certain law-abiding tax=payers, then there must be a valid state interest in doing so. Prove that there is one when it comes to same sex marriage.
Nor is there any state interest in promoting it. Really, now, all that is happening is that the minority is managing to force its pet issue on the rest of us...All this talk of "state interest" is so tiresome... The state has no real, legitimate interest in dabbling with the issue, at all. It has had this issue thrown at its door, like so much old trash...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210656 Aug 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I made that typo intentionally, to make a point about your responses. Too bad you were unable to see the irony in that, gimp.
So, you're trying use Argument #1 again?

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-ar...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210657 Aug 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. Does Francine need a hanky?
Offer him one of yours. you know the one, the "I'm all f**ked up" hanky...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210658 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And mating behavior is not necessary for marriage. You always seem to forget that.
Don't forget that marriage isn't necessary, either. Don't forget that..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210659 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just shutup now you stupid bych. All your posts are the same and waaaay too long. We don't care about your 55 year marriage or any of the crap you're preaching. So SHUT THE FCK UP.
Ooohh, I bet you'd just like to beat her up, wouldn't you?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#210660 Aug 18, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU troll.
Sit down, and STFU, before I come over there and smack the fruit out of you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The sad part about the "homeless" complaints in... 6 min prospect heights ... 5
ColbySTALKER getting Whacked on the Sentinel BI... (Oct '14) 1 hr Woof 28
Waterboarded for Whack a Mole 2 hr Joe Landon 2
Famous quotes by ColbyLOON the evicted Welfare ... 4 hr Joe Landon 40
Butch Baker was a Bad Cop (Mar '13) 23 hr woofers 202
What's in John Colby's Trust Fund? Tue Woof 10
ColbyLOONS Shamed on IndyCrap! Tue woofers 28

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance