Survey: Smoking cut drastically after...

Survey: Smoking cut drastically after Pacific Avenue ban

There are 551 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Survey: Smoking cut drastically after Pacific Avenue ban. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Cigarette smoking on Pacific Avenue has dropped significantly since a ban went into effect last fall, according to the results of an informal survey released last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

question for buzz

Sunnyvale, CA

#547 Feb 29, 2012
would you hire him/her/it?

I wouldn't.
DBS

Santa Cruz, CA

#548 Feb 29, 2012
question for buzz wrote:
I wouldn't.
Maybe we can get Robert Kahn-job to pay him to fold BJ's mile-high stack of pie tins into foil hats for ev eryb ody at the next bumfest failure.
Buzz

San Jose, CA

#549 Feb 29, 2012
question for buzz wrote:
I wouldn't.
Good point. Mea culpa.
the original curious cat

Watsonville, CA

#550 Mar 2, 2012
Becky, the SCPD publicly violates the Santa Cruz smoking ban. The ordinance bans smoking in the common areas of multiunit apartment complexes. Yet when SCPD officers come to the Mission Gardens Apartments to deal with any of the many drug addicts, gang members, and domestic abusers there, they smoke in the parking lot and drop their butts there.

If the police won't follow the law then who will enforce it?
Shuddup Colbyloser

San Jose, CA

#551 Mar 2, 2012
WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA!!If you weren't a section-8 foilhat kook you might have better things to do than whine about where the SCPD puts their butts.
Buzz

San Jose, CA

#552 Mar 2, 2012
Shuddup Colbyloser wrote:
WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA!!If you weren't a section-8 foilhat kook you might have better things to do than whine about where the SCPD puts their butts.
Unfortunately, Colby/Cohen/Swiss Miss/etc, being an unemployable welfare parasite has nothing else to do except criticize those hard-working taxpayers he leeches off of. What value is the opinion of someone who can't even support himself?
meow

Marquette, MI

#553 Mar 10, 2012
the original curious cat wrote:
Becky, the SCPD publicly violates the Santa Cruz smoking ban. The ordinance bans smoking in the common areas of multiunit apartment complexes. Yet when SCPD officers come to the Mission Gardens Apartments to deal with any of the many drug addicts, gang members, and domestic abusers there, they smoke in the parking lot and drop their butts there.
If the police won't follow the law then who will enforce it?
now that just might be a great community service for robert and his boyfriend becky pick up ciggie butts while wearing t-shirts thhat read no longer useless....
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#554 Apr 10, 2012
Hey BJ, did you see the article where San Jose passed even tighter regulations than Santa Cruz for outdoor smoking?

There goes yet another one of your screwball allegations about anti-homeless conspiracies, and selective enforcement.
Buzz

Palo Alto, CA

#555 Apr 11, 2012
DBS wrote:
Hey BJ, did you see the article where San Jose passed even tighter regulations than Santa Cruz for outdoor smoking?
There goes yet another one of your screwball allegations about anti-homeless conspiracies, and selective enforcement.
I heard SJ Mayor Reed's comments on the dangers of second hand smoke on a radio interview. I'm sure BJ would disagree with that statement. But, is she right?(Hasn't been yet...) Since she claims to bed academically of SC Mayor Coonerty, JD, does this also make her academically ahead of Mayor Reed? Do you think she'll be letting her co-inmates at County know how smart she is or, will BJ be the one being schooled?
DBS

United States

#556 Apr 27, 2012
Yo peeps, I hate to burst your bubble, but smoking meth was never legal on Pacific Ave.
honeybadger

Wausau, WI

#557 Apr 28, 2012
well lots a stuffs never been legal on pacific but that dont stop these idiots from doin it... i still say picking up ciggie butts from ajoining streets is a wonderful community service for rob-hurt and beck-he while wearing t-shirts that read "no longer useless".. but keeping thier mouths shut would be the problem, wait!! no it wont- we can duct tape socks left at the jail from thier bums in thier mouths THEN dress em up in the shirts and make em pick up the ciggie butts --yup sounds better n better....now that i give it some thought...
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#558 Apr 28, 2012
honeybadger wrote:
well lots a stuffs never been legal on pacific but that dont stop these idiots from doin it... i still say picking up ciggie butts from ajoining streets is a wonderful community service for rob-hurt and beck-he while wearing t-shirts that read "no longer useless".. but keeping thier mouths shut would be the problem, wait!! no it wont- we can duct tape socks left at the jail from thier bums in thier mouths THEN dress em up in the shirts and make em pick up the ciggie butts --yup sounds better n better....now that i give it some thought...
What a beautiful thought. Thank you for making it a better day.
honeybadger

Wausau, WI

#559 Apr 28, 2012
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
What a beautiful thought. Thank you for making it a better day.
why ur certainly welcome ---always ready to brighten anothers day with my rude well laughed over visual thoughts!!!

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#560 Jun 3, 2012
THE ORIGINAL CURIOUS CAT WRITES: "Becky, the SCPD publicly violates the Santa Cruz smoking ban. The ordinance bans smoking in the common areas of multiunit apartment complexes. Yet when SCPD officers come to the Mission Gardens Apartments to deal with any of the many drug addicts, gang members, and domestic abusers there, they smoke in the parking lot and drop their butts there.

If the police won't follow the law then who will enforce it?"

BECKY: The ban is so over-broad and restrictive, it is unenforceable. As written, it bans CAR TRAFFIC on the Municipal wharf, Beach St.,Pacific Ave. and W. cliff dr. It bans candlelight marches, incense, and tailgate parties should they involve a hibachi. California law forbids smoking within 20' of a door or window that opens to the outside. Even the ashtray at the SCPD is less than 20' from those features. Did the SCPD ever intend to enforce the ban? I mean, other than against homeless people, that is?
Drivebyfruiter

Santa Clara, CA

#561 Jun 3, 2012
Sure thing whackjob.

Just like the SCPD horses, that "Beat the bushes looking for the homeless"
Buzz

Menlo Park, CA

#562 Jun 3, 2012
Drivebyfruiter wrote:
Sure thing whackjob.
Just like the SCPD horses, that "Beat the bushes looking for the homeless"
Maybe if the city council would enact a ban on useless whackjobs BJ would have to go back to Detroit and Colby to URanus.
Mary

Santa Cruz, CA

#563 Jun 3, 2012
The BAN on SMOKING on PAcific is a joke.
I was just downtown for a couple of hours at a restaurant and a numerous amount of people freely and openly walked by our open window smoking.
They looked real nervous..haha

Good job SCPD and SC city council!
Get a job ColbyLOSER

Santa Clara, CA

#564 Jun 3, 2012
Mary wrote:
The BAN on SMOKING on PAcific is a joke.
I was just downtown for a couple of hours at a restaurant and a numerous amount of people freely and openly walked by our open window smoking.
They looked real nervous..haha
Good job SCPD and SC city council!
Are you sure they weren't smoking Meth, like all your other paranoid delusions?
Mary

Santa Cruz, CA

#565 Jun 3, 2012
Those gay pride festival people were smoking right in front of me all over Pacific. Most of them were teenage girls. Why doesn't the City of Santa Cruz install no smoking signs on Pacific Avenue? Why aren't the police citing these festival participants for smoking openly on the street on Pacific? Can't the police see? Are they blind?
Dumb Hump Colby

Menlo Park, CA

#566 Jun 3, 2012
Mary wrote:
Those gay pride festival people were smoking right in front of me all over Pacific. Most of them were teenage girls. Why doesn't the City of Santa Cruz install no smoking signs on Pacific Avenue? Why aren't the police citing these festival participants for smoking openly on the street on Pacific? Can't the police see? Are they blind?
Rave on, John rave on. our pseudonyms are getting tiresome. Why don't you go back to posting about meth dealing outside your apartment at Catcrap "Garedens" (your PhD spelling) and whining about sex acts by your demented sister?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz renters find online listing too good... (Aug '15) 7 min brmoffet 2
FAT Pat should get a job at Chubbyland (Jun '15) 1 hr I and my Fuhrer 22
Where did the LOON go? 11 hr Still raving 12
News Family of Krista DeLuca Sues Santa Cruz County Tue Blob Mitchell 1
Will Juan Talamera turn into a combatant when t... Aug 22 woofers 8
What happened to Speed checks and DUI arrests ? Aug 22 woofers 12
Get a job ya whackjob (Jun '15) Aug 22 woofers 66

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davenport Mortgages