Cops and Courts: March 31, 2009

Cops and Courts: March 31, 2009

There are 31 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 31, 2009, titled Cops and Courts: March 31, 2009. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A badly decomposed body in a wetsuit was discovered floating in the water near Montara Beach on Monday afternoon by a fisherman, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ya Gotta Be Kidding

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Mar 31, 2009
This happened in "Royal Oaks" ?? That fancy neighborhood??

“Ride it like you stole it!”

Since: Feb 09

SANTA CRUZ

#2 Mar 31, 2009
Woman with "threeguns" arrested just like sixguns only smaller.
mountainboy

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 31, 2009
Mom, how many times have I asked you not to take them shootin irons to town. Now look, your mugshot is in the paper and I'm so embarrassed.
Walk the dog

Alviso, CA

#5 Mar 31, 2009
To many guns!!!!!!!
the dog

Fremont, CA

#7 Mar 31, 2009
What a Babe. Some people are that way, they just don't take a bad picture no matter what.
hmmm

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Mar 31, 2009
If looks could kill, why would she need a gun?

Since: Mar 09

Santa Cruz

#9 Mar 31, 2009
I read that there is a GRANT to fund enforcement of laws banning alcohol sales to minors.
I find it interesting that it requires a special grant to fund enforcement of alcohol laws, but they will come after pot users and growers for straight scale.
I would like to say that I don't get it, but sadly i believe i do.

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#11 Mar 31, 2009
the dog wrote:
What a Babe. Some people are that way, they just don't take a bad picture no matter what.
The pix is of the dead guy.
uh Clem

San Mateo, CA

#12 Mar 31, 2009
"... gun fires near kid..."
"... a gun went off near a child..."

The gun does not just fire itself or spontaneously go off. Such language avoids the cause-and-effect relationship that starts with the jackass pulling the trigger. Writing FAIL.
WS Native

Denver, CO

#13 Mar 31, 2009
The Cops and courts section of the Sentinel is great. This mug shot is a winner. I wish the Sentinel would interview the photographer at the police station. This photographer has a true skill. What timing. Keep up the good work.
art expert

San Jose, CA

#14 Mar 31, 2009
thats Gverny Gvernerdurnen, she posed for the picture "The Scream"

“End Corporate Domination!”

Since: Oct 08

Santa Cruz

#16 Mar 31, 2009
(firearm discharged near child) I wonder if all six males live at the house at 17170 Tarpey Road, and how many others besides the child live there.

“End Corporate Domination!”

Since: Oct 08

Santa Cruz

#18 Mar 31, 2009
Cops love to bust stoners. It's easy money, and they always prioritize it higher than such things as tracking down murderers, which is much harder work.

This is one reason Law Enforcement should not be allowed to lobby for more laws to enforce.

If the Sentinel were doing its job, they would publish the tally of unsolved murders every time they publish a story about a pot bust.
H Sprocket wrote:
I read that there is a GRANT to fund enforcement of laws banning alcohol sales to minors.
I find it interesting that it requires a special grant to fund enforcement of alcohol laws, but they will come after pot users and growers for straight scale.
I would like to say that I don't get it, but sadly i believe i do.
Pleasure Point Resident

San Francisco, CA

#19 Mar 31, 2009
hmmm wrote:
HAHAHAAA!!!! I agree!
Lido

Santa Cruz, CA

#20 Mar 31, 2009
hmmm wrote:
lol
Lido

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Mar 31, 2009
Hey!, sorry about the double hit[QUOTE who="Carl
Bendix"]<quoted text>The pix is of the dead guy.[/QUOTE]

lloll

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 31, 2009
Wow!! a woman who carries 3 loaded weapons..how cool..looks like she may have needed those shooting irons if shes hanging around downtown SC. "Don't take your guns to town girl" Especially if your going to pass out! Duh! Johnny at the Harbor, Still packing..
SantaCruzResiden t

Soquel, CA

#23 Mar 31, 2009
That woman (?) is 42???? Now see what drugs do!! She looks older than my 67 yr old mother!!
Doh

San Francisco, CA

#25 Mar 31, 2009
Mom! why did you have to go and do that?
G_White

Richmond, CA

#26 Mar 31, 2009
re: That body found in the ocean. I suggest you talk to that Skelton kid. He may have made up that fish story to cover his tracks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davenport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HeyTommmCunnnifffff 2 hr Lava 1
Where did the SPLAT thread go? 2 hr Lava 14
News Pokemon Go craze draws tourists to Santa Cruz 10 hr Woof 5
Famous quotes by ColbyLOON the evicted Welfare ... 11 hr Woof 44
ColbyLOON should apologize to the JS Co and Nat... (Oct '14) 14 hr Bob Mitchell 18
Will the tears fall on the TBSC coke ho's colos... 15 hr Lassie 3
Please update the ColbyLOON website (Sep '15) 17 hr Bob Mitchell 50

Davenport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Davenport Mortgages