Robber beats man at Vista Point on Highway 1

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

An armed robber held up one man at gunpoint, then hit a second man with the butt of a handgun at a Highway 1 overlook on Friday night, the Sheriff's Office reported.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Scream

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Gay Hang Out wrote:
The police know all about it but can do nothing due to the Politcally Correct people.
What should they do? Given EVERYTHING ELSE people want the police to do?
j-dog

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Gay Hang Out wrote:
This is a known hang out for gay men seeking a thrill a minute. I would bet anything the three men involved were all gay, and may not have know each other prior to meeting that evening.
So what? Who gives a rat's a$$? That's not justification to beat someone down and rob them.
Busy Bodies

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

The first post did not write that it was justified, he/she just pointed out a known fact. Heck, it may be why the robber targeted the place. Most gay men meeting at this public place for gay sex with strangers would likely not even report a robbery. I'll bet this has happened before.

This is why the first post's info is relevant. Also, the scream, I believe it is against the law to have sex in a public place and is know as lewd behavior. Are you suggesting that this is acceptable in your society?
Hehehe

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

This is gonna be good. Popcorn.
Mr Fiz

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Das it messed up man.
Hmmm

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

i remember a few years back when the cops tried to clean this place up, turn it back into what is was intended to be, a rest stop for travelers.

Three men from Live Oak, Watsonville and Santa Cruz. No doubt they were looking for more then to use the bathroom. I agree that they don't deserve to be beaten and robbed, but they also had no business being there doing what everyone knows they were doing.
Jillyjoy

Los Altos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Regardless of sexuality, it's more important that police keep a better eye on the place if they know what cops know. I've stopped there many times briefly and it could have been anyone hurt regardless of sexual preference. Drug users/robbers size up folk all the time and take the opportunity if they have it. Always best to be careful.
wonderful vista point

Windsor, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

I love that vista point-- and I go there for its intended purpose-- to enjoy the view. I thought it was supposed to be closed after sunset.

No one deserves to be beaten or robbed, regardless of their reasons for being there. If these men were there for intimate thrills, it is sad they cannot be honest with themselves and others and live their true orientation.
Malcom

Soquel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Gay Hang Out wrote:
This is a known hang out for gay men seeking a thrill a minute. I would bet anything the three men involved were all gay, and may not have know each other prior to meeting that evening. You'll notice they did not give their names.
Families with kids, parents..., never stop at this place even during the day. The police know all about it but can do nothing due to the Politcally Correct people. There is a similar area off of Hwy 1 near 4 mile or the County Line according to another officer.
You have no IDEA what you are talking about. Just because a gay person has been there before doesn't mean it's a cruising spot, nor does it mean it's dangerous because of that. YOU ARE WRONG. Sounds like you have probably hung out there looking for your own action, got some, and then felt guilty and now you have to vilify the area and gays. Get a life
MalcomJr

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

It IS a cruising spot; denial never changed a fact.
vista is view

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Ya know ... vista is view ...
SgtFriday

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

And buena means good...
Gulliver

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Gay Hang Out wrote:
This is a known hang out for gay men seeking a thrill a minute. I would bet anything the three men involved were all gay, and may not have know each other prior to meeting that evening. You'll notice they did not give their names.
Families with kids, parents..., never stop at this place even during the day. The police know all about it but can do nothing due to the Politcally Correct people. There is a similar area off of Hwy 1 near 4 mile or the County Line according to another officer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sounds like Brain Candy.
roberto carlos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

this helpful citizen was trying to get the hideous Apple Moths off their clothing. Luckily the Apple Moths flew away and began to attack the Pinot grape fields in Tawny Corralitos.
OMG

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Malcom wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no IDEA what you are talking about. Just because a gay person has been there before doesn't mean it's a cruising spot, nor does it mean it's dangerous because of that. YOU ARE WRONG. Sounds like you have probably hung out there looking for your own action, got some, and then felt guilty and now you have to vilify the area and gays. Get a life
You really are clueless aren't you??
The funny thing

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

about that place like so many more across the country and in California, is that so many that go to them are actually husbands and fathers. Yes they are playing straight but getting what they want on the side.

Of course, what happened to them is just plain violence and sad.
Do Ya Think

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

... that if the activities, and risks that lie therein, respective to loitering at this rest stop are known to the few posters here, that they are also known to those who choose to loiter for whatever purpose at that rest stop, and those "victims" are choosing to take that risk and endanger themselves? Choices, people. Just something to think about.
squigy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

The funny thing wrote:
about that place like so many more across the country and in California, is that so many that go to them are actually husbands and fathers. Yes they are playing straight but getting what they want on the side.
Of course, what happened to them is just plain violence and sad.
Then they should have been home with their families instead of looking for a quickie. There isnt much to see at Vista Point at 10:30 pm.
Huh What

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Do Ya Think wrote:
... that if the activities, and risks that lie therein, respective to loitering at this rest stop are known to the few posters here, that they are also known to those who choose to loiter for whatever purpose at that rest stop, and those "victims" are choosing to take that risk and endanger themselves? Choices, people. Just something to think about.
It is helpful if you actually had a point here. The 'loiter' groups and the 'victims' are one in the same. Choice? Not the issue or point. What is your point, Think?
Oh boy

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

"so many that go to them are actually husbands and fathers."
Good thing we "Defended Marriage" here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Davenport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Davenport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••