Getting Married on the Beach

Getting Married on the Beach

Posted in the Dauphin Island Forum

Please Help

Emma, MO

#1 Jun 22, 2009
I am going to be renting a house on Dauphin Island and I am wanting to have my wedding on the beach. Is there a public beach on Dauphin Island that I can have the wedding? Does anyone know who I can call to find out what I need to do? I called the chamber of commerce and I haven't heard anyting back from them. Please help. thanks
Tar Ball

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Sure come on down and I and my 100 billion friends will be awaiting for you all over the beach. I suggest you wear a brown wedding dress. Hurry on down and fill up with BP gas before you leave.
Tar Ball

United States

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Oh yeah, you should wear brown shoes too and bring a breathing apparatus as breathing all the oil and methane is not healthy. If you are going to have an extended stay, you should get some life insurance too.
Trying to Help

Kensett, AR

#5 Jun 23, 2010
Try calling the country club. My daughter got married there in 2005 and the country club saved the day. Or maybe Dauphin Island Realestate and ask for Kathy.
wondering

Allardt, TN

#6 Jun 26, 2010
Please Help wrote:
I am going to be renting a house on Dauphin Island and I am wanting to have my wedding on the beach. Is there a public beach on Dauphin Island that I can have the wedding? Does anyone know who I can call to find out what I need to do? I called the chamber of commerce and I haven't heard anyting back from them. Please help. thanks
we have rented a house on dauphin island in october i would also love to know how the beach is if you get some info please share
Just got back

Mount Ida, AR

#7 Jul 1, 2010
I just got back from Dauphin Island, AL and we had an amazing time, no oil, no smell, clean water. There were a few pinky nail sized tar balls but they were few and far between. Now who knows how long it will stay that way. But everyone out there saying all these things about oil being there and the smell it wasn't true for us and all this negative incorrect info is killing the little bit of business these people have left. I talked to a few business owners while i was there and I felt heartbroken for them. Some stand to lose everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dauphin Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
two part one May 10 seed driller 1
News Proposal to house illegal immigrant children in... (Jun '16) May 10 almeltzer 2
The Unsolved Murder of Jesse James Hughes Apr 28 DrKnowItAll 1
News Baldwin County sees growth tension spill into p... Mar '17 ThomasA 2
John Hunnings Of Grand Bay Al (May '16) Mar '17 Ncmias 6
Looking to rent a home in Fairhope Mar '17 groovyhealing 1
RN jobs nearby (Jul '15) Jul '15 guest 1

Dauphin Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dauphin Island Mortgages