Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Susana Martinez has won the New Mexico governor's race, making history as the first Hispanic woman to become a state's chief executive.
Comments
221 - 232 of 232 Comments Last updated May 22, 2014
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Joe

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Thank God for Mississippi!
Ooops! That doesn't work anymore!
Jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

@Pretty, She was welcoming Governor Christy with open arms every republican in the country saw it,(every major news company covered it) They were all in discussion about a vice presidency for her! And now New Jersey fine governor was caught with obstruction of the bridge crossing from NJ to NYC (itís really a pain when itís working right) and she is running like a rabbit,sorry she is just a politician that only cares about herself, Now to answer Susanna, yes you do have the right to voice your option!
Truth

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

As a repentant Republican, I admit she has botched the job--big time.
Rolling Along

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Count me in on that.
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

Truth wrote:
As a registered democrat who has gone door to door for democratic candidates and contributed to their campaigns all I can say is that the two best governors in the last thirty years were both republicans and the worst was the democrats golden boy Bill Richardson whose administration took corruption and incompetence to previously unseen heights. He basically left us bankrupt and with staggering debt. As much as I hate her Ed. Secretary the rest of her performance has been good. She is 100% on point about not issuing drivers licenses to criminal fugitives.
Right

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

INFIDEL wrote:
<quoted text>

as if there is nothing corrupt about Martinez and her waste of money on witchhunts on nonexistent voting fraud and the decimating water pollution protection through her special interest appointments.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

SANTA FE >> It's been said you need to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

For Gov. Susana Martinez, the difficulty comes in trying to keep your frenemies away.

Politicos all around the state are still buzzing about a secret audio recording, showing the governor and staffers from the 2010 gubernatorial campaign swearing and deriding political opponents while advisor Jay McCleskey discusses how the administration could respond to criticism by posting "a YouTube video that no one will ever see."

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_...
nobody

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Gorky wrote:
SANTA FE >> It's been said you need to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

For Gov. Susana Martinez, the difficulty comes in trying to keep your frenemies away.

Politicos all around the state are still buzzing about a secret audio recording, showing the governor and staffers from the 2010 gubernatorial campaign swearing and deriding political opponents while advisor Jay McCleskey discusses how the administration could respond to criticism by posting "a YouTube video that no one will ever see."

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_...
Wow! Something that happened four years ago! Must be an election year
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Right wrote:
<quoted text>
as if there is nothing corrupt about Martinez and her waste of money on witchhunts on nonexistent voting fraud and the decimating water pollution protection through her special interest appointments.
I never said nor implied that Martinez was virtuous. She's a politician so she is obviously a corrupt liar by definition. She's just less corrupt and less of a liar than her opponents.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

INFIDEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said nor implied that Martinez was virtuous. She's a politician so she is obviously a corrupt liar by definition. She's just less corrupt and less of a liar than her opponents.
Her opponents haven't yet enough opportunity to be that corrupt. Give them time.
Relaxing

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

INFIDEL wrote:
<quoted text>
the rules to allow water pollution is very serious and permanent. I don't think any of the no-names have been able to top that one.
kyle richards

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

who is going to save the day? HOWIE ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Datil Discussions

Search the Datil Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Official rejects request to pump water to Santa Fe (Apr '12) Apr '12 another 4
NM Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Informative Esquire 60
NM Who do you support for Treasurer in New Mexico ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Huh 7
NM Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Jul '11 uh huh 33
NM Who do you support for Commissioner of Public L... (Oct '10) Mar '11 jqvwfeduk 26
Small-Time Prospectors See Big Future in New Me... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Morton D 3
New Cafe in town. Mary Mac's. (Dec '09) Jan '11 Carl 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Datil Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Datil People Search