Teen athlete found dead in gym mat

Teen athlete found dead in gym mat

There are 35 comments on the CNN story from May 10, 2013, titled Teen athlete found dead in gym mat. In it, CNN reports that:

What's even more unimaginable for the Johnsons of Valdosta, Georgia, is how their 17-year-old son died: by suffocating after falling headfirst into a rolled-up gym mat at his high school on January 11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Gray, GA

#1 May 10, 2013
Let it go
yeah yeah yeah

Rockford, IL

#2 May 12, 2013
There you go again wrote:
Let it go
Not until justice is served and the family has closure
TOM ONEAL

Galena, IL

#3 May 12, 2013
At this point I have to ask, "What is Justice?" A fat settlement from a wrongful death suite or, the honest facts as to what happen o their child?

Reason I ask, In the Trayvon Martin case in Florida the family has a settlement of over one-million dollars for wrongful death and the case has not gone to court yet. How does that happen?
What if a jury finds Trayvon Martin to be wrong then what?
Jenna Talia

Hahira, GA

#4 May 12, 2013
It is simply amazing to me at the inability people have to actually THINK rational thoughts in this town. Has it ever occured to any of you how unrational, and incredibly ignorant one would have to be to actually believe that this young K. Johnson was murdered, and the sherrif department is covering it up.
Are you really so ignorant as to think that THE ENTIRE SHERRIF DEPARTMENT is involved in a conspiracy this big? Really? That would mean that even the black officers, and black detectives too, are conspiring to cover the murder of one of their own people. Really? You are THAT ignorant?

Do you believe that in the entire department that not one person is willing to blow the whistle on a HUGE conspiracy? Not even one? Really? Are you that ignorant?

You actually believe that the GBI, who has prosecuted police officers in the past for much lesser crimes, just decided to co-conspire with the LCSD to cover up a murder too? Are you that ignorant?

Do you actually believe that Lowndes County School system and its entire faculty are also conspiring to cover a murder? The whole school system, and NOT ONE person can stand and say, "THIS IS A LIE! HERE IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!" Do you really believe that it is possible to put together a conspiracy this big without ONE person blowing it by running their big mouth? Really? You are that ignorant?

You actuall believe that, that large of a student body (many who can't keep their mouths shut about anything (they will tell the world when they pass gas on Facebook)), and yet they too, are part of this GREAT CONSPIRACY!!! Lol! You have got to be kidding me!!!

Human nature can't even keep a secret about what someone is getting for Christmas, and you think that the Sherrif department, and ALL of it's employees (yes, even the black ones), the G.B.I. and all of their employees (even the black ones), the entire school system with all of their employees (even the black ones), the student body of the entire school (even the black ones), and they are ALL keeping this concpiracy together. If you can believe that, please tell Santa that I want him to bring everyone a brain, and please tell the easter bunny that when he brings chocolate to please note that I do like the crunchy kind.
Reality Check

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

#5 May 12, 2013
Southern woman

Valdosta, GA

#6 May 13, 2013
"Chevene King Jr., the attorney for the Johnsons, has alleged that if Kendrick had been white, the investigation would have gone differently." (via CNN)

REALLY?! That is why we still have issues today! There was NO need to say that, regardless of the race of that young man.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 May 16, 2013
Let's quit calling him an athlete and open up the honesty a little. I do have sympathy for KJ and his family.....not even pot smoking street gang members need to die in this horrible fashion. One of the key terms involved with calling someone an athlete is good grades and KJ was definitely a GED candidate, not an SAT prepper!
BJGY

Hahira, GA

#8 May 18, 2013
Southern woman wrote:
"Chevene King Jr., the attorney for the Johnsons, has alleged that if Kendrick had been white, the investigation would have gone differently." (via CNN)
REALLY?! That is why we still have issues today! There was NO need to say that, regardless of the race of that young man.
Well to make a statement like that is to betray your own disdain for your own race. Are saying that even the black officers and detectives are not helping your own people? Are saying that even your own black teachers and school officials are unwilling to help your own race? Sounds to me like this isn't a problem of "whitey" trying to keep the brothers down. Sounds to me like, if you believe that, then you believe that your own race is playing against you too.
grown man

Atlanta, GA

#9 May 29, 2013
I will say it they are scared of losing their jobs. If it was your child you would feel the same as this family. Living here in the south a black death does not mean much to society. But means alot to a family. If the child was white more would have been done. It is beening said that people kin to the sherriff and a gbi investgator are invovled.

Since: Oct 12

New Bethlehem, PA

#10 May 29, 2013
grown man wrote:
I will say it they are scared of losing their jobs. If it was your child you would feel the same as this family. Living here in the south a black death does not mean much to society. But means alot to a family. If the child was white more would have been done. It is beening said that people kin to the sherriff and a gbi investgator are invovled.
crazy talk!!!! A child is a child no matter what the color and there life is precious even in the south and rummors are just that where's the proof?
BJGY

Hahira, GA

#11 May 30, 2013
grown man wrote:
If the child was white more would have been done. It is beening said that people kin to the sherriff and a gbi investgator are invovled.
If the child would have been white more might have been done. That is because MOST white people are not stupid enough to isolate other races, that might support their cause, by making dumbass comments like yours.
bbm

Orlando, FL

#12 May 31, 2013
KJ died because he popped a molly, got high and got rolled up in da mat . crazy young black people trying to be like that lifestyle they see on music videos of rap starrrsss..yo yo yo. pop a molly son
bbm

Orlando, FL

#13 May 31, 2013
kj and dat trayvon dude are slapping high fives now lols. high and fives ahaha.
Sheriff Bart - Rock Ridge

Fort Mitchell, AL

#14 Jan 8, 2015
bbm wrote:
KJ died because he popped a molly, got high and got rolled up in da mat . crazy young black people trying to be like that lifestyle they see on music videos of rap starrrsss..yo yo yo. pop a molly son
WOW.
Sheriff Bart - Rock Ridge

Fort Mitchell, AL

#15 Jan 8, 2015
bbm wrote:
kj and dat trayvon dude are slapping high fives now lols. high and fives ahaha.
Double WOW.
Docs

Atlanta, GA

#16 Jul 28, 2017
Looks like that thread got on the maps for reports, so moving it here for now.

Earlier statements about KJ in press that are questionable: http://imgur.com/a/k7X3z

Transcript of Dr. Fowler request by Piercy uploaded by him on docslide: http://imgur.com/a/g1Kh2

Piercy's donation requests: http://imgur.com/a/sxVQx
b a a r t

Fort Mitchell, AL

#17 Jul 28, 2017
Perhaps Richie can post all 24 wrestling team members' statements that he swears exists in here ;-)
s h u t o u t

Fort Mitchell, AL

#18 Jul 28, 2017
maybe this will help him out ;-)

http://imgur.com/a/SRyzQ
srs clark

Fort Mitchell, AL

#20 Jul 28, 2017
word, fill me in when ya get it

they're such party poopers
Docs

Burbank, CA

#21 Jul 28, 2017
srs clark wrote:
word, fill me in when ya get it

they're such party poopers
Will do.

They are echo boxes. Lil bots with skin and bones. Starving roaches who don't scatter when the light turns on because they're frozen in fear. They can't stop the flow of information, people just move more silently. Then BOOM. No more stories to make up. No more control of the imformation. It's best to let them do what they've been doing while other move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dasher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court of Appeals (Oct '17) 9 min Southern 10,778
Georgia Governor Race 30 min Southern 48
Worst US President of All Time Ever > (Oct '17) 1 hr wiiiillsson 319
We all gone die (nuke thread) (Aug '17) 2 hr Flood Czar 243
tRUmp/Russia Episode 11 - Happy Muellerversary! 2 hr Flood Czar 26
Random one sentence thoughts > (Jul '16) 2 hr Flood Czar 707
That Mullethead from Fresno (Nunes) 3 hr Southern 10

Dasher Jobs

Personal Finance

Dasher Mortgages