Speed Demons In Law Enforcement on I-75

Speed Demons In Law Enforcement on I-75

Posted in the Dasher Forum

Investigation

Americus, GA

#1 May 29, 2013
I was travelling Southbound on I-75 on Saturday, May 18th and the usual predators were there, not for speed enforcement, but for revenue! Tifton had its usual crew on the overpass!

Down the road, my radar detector blasted. I watched as a patrol vehicle came blazing down the off ramp at an absurd speed! Rolling thunder came up behind me, then me, around me, over into the number one lane and then over into the safe ramp along the center divider. Rocks were flying everywhere as he went after his prey!

I would estimate that he was travelling 120 mph! He pulled his prey over in a maneuver that I would hardly call safe!

Now, he was successful in adding revenue to the government coffers, but I have less respect for law enforcement with all of this revenue generating activity! Valdosta is just as bad and perhaps worse!

Officers, of any stripe, travelling at breakneck speeds to chase down a speeder travelling 15 mph over the speed limit is an absurdity and I have observed this on more occasions that I like to think about on I-75.

If you travel over to Poulan, GA on Highway 82 between Tifton and Albany, just East of Sylvester, was forced to remove the 45 mph signs that reduced the speed trap on that stretch of highway. It you exceed 55 mph, you are still at risk, but the state lowered the boom on that absurdity! That community has the following reputation:

"Poulan is notorious for its police department's speed trap tactics along six miles of GA HWY 82. In 2009 Poulan's tiny police force generated nearly $900,000 in fines and fees, a number comparable to a city 30 times its size. The per capita revenue from fines and fees is a mighty $1,019.15." Wikipedia

I have observed the same actions by law enforcement in Poulan!

So, for all the law enforcement teams up and down I-75, do you want the repetition of a despicable and unethical community like Poulan, Georgia? Some are trying to earn that reputation? Some are setting an extremely poor example by predatory ticketing and negligent driving that has no business in law enforcement! We don't need the cowboys on I-75 who are much more dangerous than the speeders!

I'm sure I'm not alone! What is your experience?

Since: Oct 12

Ford City, PA

#2 May 29, 2013
I think they should take there cars away from them and be carefull of quitman
Wake Up

Americus, GA

#3 Jun 2, 2013
There you go again wrote:
I think they should take there cars away from them and be carefull of quitman
Morven too! Smiling!
Wake Up

Americus, GA

#4 Jun 2, 2013
Doerun, three! Just about any small town these days and any town along the freeway!
Valdostan

Athens, GA

#5 Jun 2, 2013
Investigation wrote:
I was travelling Southbound on I-75 on Saturday, May 18th and the usual predators were there, not for speed enforcement, but for revenue! Tifton had its usual crew on the overpass!
Down the road, my radar detector blasted. I watched as a patrol vehicle came blazing down the off ramp at an absurd speed! Rolling thunder came up behind me, then me, around me, over into the number one lane and then over into the safe ramp along the center divider. Rocks were flying everywhere as he went after his prey!
I would estimate that he was travelling 120 mph! He pulled his prey over in a maneuver that I would hardly call safe!
Now, he was successful in adding revenue to the government coffers, but I have less respect for law enforcement with all of this revenue generating activity! Valdosta is just as bad and perhaps worse!
Officers, of any stripe, travelling at breakneck speeds to chase down a speeder travelling 15 mph over the speed limit is an absurdity and I have observed this on more occasions that I like to think about on I-75.
If you travel over to Poulan, GA on Highway 82 between Tifton and Albany, just East of Sylvester, was forced to remove the 45 mph signs that reduced the speed trap on that stretch of highway. It you exceed 55 mph, you are still at risk, but the state lowered the boom on that absurdity! That community has the following reputation:
"Poulan is notorious for its police department's speed trap tactics along six miles of GA HWY 82. In 2009 Poulan's tiny police force generated nearly $900,000 in fines and fees, a number comparable to a city 30 times its size. The per capita revenue from fines and fees is a mighty $1,019.15." Wikipedia
I have observed the same actions by law enforcement in Poulan!
So, for all the law enforcement teams up and down I-75, do you want the repetition of a despicable and unethical community like Poulan, Georgia? Some are trying to earn that reputation? Some are setting an extremely poor example by predatory ticketing and negligent driving that has no business in law enforcement! We don't need the cowboys on I-75 who are much more dangerous than the speeders!
I'm sure I'm not alone! What is your experience?
How many times are you going to post this crap? I know I've seen it on Valdosta CL several times. What's the matter, couldn't get anybody over there to agree with you?
Honesty in Government

Americus, GA

#6 Jun 4, 2013
There should be honesty in government and law enforcement should enforce the law safely. Speeding down an off ramp at a very high rate of speed to overtake a speeding motorist is unsafe!

The lives of other motorists are placed in danger by any officer who travels well over 100 mph, swerving and fishtailing without signaling and without using cautionary lights creates real dangers for all involved.

Too many cities place an emphasis on revenue over ethics in law and traffic enforcement, giving all law enforcement a bad name. We have a great number of dedicated law enforcement professionals who deserve our respect.

The safety of cowboys and the public alike are placed at risk by unsafe driving by super-aggressive driving by some law enforcement officers.... Report them!

Since: Oct 12

Albany, GA

#7 Jun 18, 2013
What is going on in Adel GA? My son was coming from Moultrie to Adel was followed by a black suv,they both passed slower car along the way.When He got to the Adel city limits sign there was an Adel police there that pulled Him over saying her L.T.which was driving the suv wanted her to write Him a ticket for reckless driving but She gave Him a warning and the whole time asking Him if He had drugs.After harassing him they let Him go.Just to clear things up He didn't pass or speed in the city limits.I think this might be called police harassment!!!!!
Honesty in Government

Americus, GA

#8 Jun 18, 2013
There is the way things should be, and then there is the way things are! There are the promises in the Constitution, and then there are the realities that there are crook at every level of government! This has always been true, and it always will be true!

I am hit with laser around Exit 32 every night. If you drive, you just know that every place you go, everyone is hunting you for money! I accept that as a nuisance of driving!

What is crazy are the cowboy cops who drive 110-120 mph, crossing multiple lanes, without lights, to pull over a driver going 11 to 15 over with the real purpose of looking for a bigger arrest. We live in a crazy world out there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dasher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are people asking Michael Moore to resign ? 21 min Bart 1,217
What are people melting over the most today? 17 hr Sheriff Bart - Ro... 23
june 27th coffee co courthouse 17 hr Sheriff Bart - Ro... 12
Will a Grand Jury Finally Give David Hooks Just... Mon Sheriff Bart - Ro... 26
Univ Hawaii Warriors football recruit Sun Ahmm-mom 8
Debate: Gay Marriage - Valdosta, GA (Nov '10) Jun 26 Bart 103
What's your least favorite Grateful Dead song? Jun 23 Sheriff Bart - Ro... 9
More from around the web

Dasher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE