Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

patty day wrote:
Palin, Condeleeza, Christie, Biden, Cuomo, and Jeb Bush would be wasting their time. The thought of a 3rd Bush is JUST dreadful. Rubio, nah. I don't care for Michelle Obama at all, but all the staunch democrats do...as do ALL the poorest counties in the nation. I'd have to update my passport and work in the tropics somewhere. I ain't lying. Hillary would win BIG over any of the above. She don't play and she's a workaholic. We all know Bill was really the first black president.
I suggest we start raising some big bucks for James Dennis. I just love that man. He has more sense than all of the above! James Dennis for POTUS!
which James Dennis?
patty day

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

It's spelled Glorya..... Mayor James Dennis. I thought I'd change it up for St. Patty's Day. I got your #, hon and photos too. Oooooh!
patty day

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I don't play. Just so ya know.
patty day

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Now, carry on, if you're dumb enough.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
And Sarah Palin is still looking sexy to me:
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5126-palin-...
yeah,and she's just what the U.S.needs now.A leader that doesn't know how or why north and south korea got to be separate countries.
patty day

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

And she can see Russia toooooo.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
which James Dennis?
is he the one that played "chester" on "gunsmoke"?
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I've also had a bad case of bronchitis which causes me to spell and type badly.thanks for the concern though-I wouldn't have that you would miss me so much.
Take care of that bronchitis. Many friends have had their flu and bronchitis turn into pneumonia.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

With over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in PROFITS in recent years, oil companies are among the most profitable companies in the history of the world - but the Republican house Members want to give them even more corporate welfare.

American families have been plagued by higher oil and gasoline prices over the past several years despite a significant increase in domestic oil production and a decline in consumption.

But while high gas prices threaten the economy and family budgets, they enrich oil companies with huge profits.

Apparently that doesn’t bother House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI), since his proposed fiscal year 2014 budget resolution appears to again keep a decade’s worth of oil tax breaks worth $40 billion for the oil-and-gas industry.

Even more astounding, the budget would give the five biggest oil companies an additional multibillion-dollar tax cut by slashing the corporate income tax rate.

"We Republican House Members pledge allegiance to the profits of the multinational corporations that fund our campaigns."
Bored

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
With over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in PROFITS in recent years, oil companies are among the most profitable companies in the history of the world - but the Republican house Members want to give them even more corporate welfare.
American families have been plagued by higher oil and gasoline prices over the past several years despite a significant increase in domestic oil production and a decline in consumption.
But while high gas prices threaten the economy and family budgets, they enrich oil companies with huge profits.
Apparently that doesn’t bother House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI), since his proposed fiscal year 2014 budget resolution appears to again keep a decade’s worth of oil tax breaks worth $40 billion for the oil-and-gas industry.
Even more astounding, the budget would give the five biggest oil companies an additional multibillion-dollar tax cut by slashing the corporate income tax rate.
"We Republican House Members pledge allegiance to the profits of the multinational corporations that fund our campaigns."
Bored again.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

You have made good points which I believe to be true.
Most people in other countries have the same desires for being healthy, happy, and prosperous as we do in this country. They are normal human beings. The problem is that they are to busy living their lives to pay attention to what is actually going on and do not know when they are being deceived. This gives access to the evil ones that wish to control them and the rest of the world. These evil ones slip into positions in the government and then they help other evil ones slip into the government and soon the government is being totally run by the evil ones. The people have not noticed this happening until it is too late and there are always many that will believe everything the government tells them. This is just human nature and the governments of the world have always known this. These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it. This would be the case now in Russia,China,Iran, and N. Korea.
One only has to look at the past as history does repeat itself. Take a good hard look at Germany. They started two world wars and nobody paid any attention to them and thought them somewhat harmless until it was too late. The same goes for Japan just before World War 2.
We must never again underestimate our potential enemies because of the deadly technology that now exists. No second chances will be given.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
There are several reasons that gasoline is now so high and much of it comes from over regulation by the government.
One is the use of the very expensive cost of a bushel of corn. It has doubled in the last 2 years because it is mandated by the government to be made into ethanol to be used in gasoline.
Another is the governments regulations telling the oil companies that there must be season blends for almost every part of the country, and they are all different.
Another reason is that so many people are buying cars that are mandated by government regulations to burn much less gasoline. The energy companies are now selling less gasoline so to keep their profits up , gas cost more.
Another reason is that since cars are using less gasoline the energy companies have been closing oil refineries in this country, instead of building new ones which would make gasoline cheaper as there would be more gasoline available. Pure quantity and demand principle.
Another reason gasoline is higher is that Millions of Federally owned acres are now off limits to the energy companies. New drilling and much more oil could be produced making the price of oil cheaper. Thee same principles that are now working to lower prices for natural gas.
I see no reason that the energy companies should be given special tax breaks. I do not understand that anymore than Obama giving money to companies that have Green Energy projects. What is good for one should be good for the others.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Take care of that bronchitis. Many friends have had their flu and bronchitis turn into pneumonia.
yeah I know,i've heard this is one of the worst outbreaks in yrs.hopefully mine is about gone.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
You have made good points which I believe to be true.
Most people in other countries have the same desires for being healthy, happy, and prosperous as we do in this country. They are normal human beings. The problem is that they are to busy living their lives to pay attention to what is actually going on and do not know when they are being deceived. This gives access to the evil ones that wish to control them and the rest of the world. These evil ones slip into positions in the government and then they help other evil ones slip into the government and soon the government is being totally run by the evil ones. The people have not noticed this happening until it is too late and there are always many that will believe everything the government tells them. This is just human nature and the governments of the world have always known this. These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it. This would be the case now in Russia,China,Iran, and N. Korea.
One only has to look at the past as history does repeat itself. Take a good hard look at Germany. They started two world wars and nobody paid any attention to them and thought them somewhat harmless until it was too late. The same goes for Japan just before World War 2.
We must never again underestimate our potential enemies because of the deadly technology that now exists. No second chances will be given.
dave,i agree with much of your post but I believe that of the countries you named,N.Korea may be in a class by itself.i don't believe that they are an immediate threat to us,but their human rights record rivals that of Nazi Germany or stalins' old soviet union.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>yeah I know,i've heard this is one of the worst outbreaks in yrs.hopefully mine is about gone.
I had it twice in a row, and it was bad. It took me over a month to recover.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave 2014

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

OMTE wrote:
Bigdave 2014
Your joking of course. Besides I am a honest man and would like to stay that way till I die.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your joking of course. Besides I am a honest man and would like to stay that way till I die.
I was not joking. That is what we need is an intelligent honest man. That's the problem the ones that know what's going on are not interested in leading.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
By Daniel Trotta
NEW YORK, March 14 (Reuters)- The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.
The war has killed at least 134,000 Iraqi civilians and may have contributed to the deaths of as many as four times that number, according to the Costs of War Project by the Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University.
The 2011 study said the combined cost of the wars was at least $3.7 trillion, based on actual expenditures from the U.S. Treasury and future commitments, such as the medical and disability claims of U.S. war veterans.
That estimate climbed to nearly $4 trillion in the update.
Excluded were indirect deaths caused by the mass exodus of doctors and a devastated infrastructure, for example, while the costs left out trillions of dollars in interest the United States could pay over the next 40 years.
The interest on expenses for the Iraq war could amount to about $4 trillion during that period, the report said.
The report also examined the burden on U.S. veterans and their families, showing a deep social cost as well as an increase in spending on veterans. The 2011 study found U.S. medical and disability claims for veterans after a decade of war totaled $33 billion. Two years later, that number had risen to $134.7 billion.
The report concluded the United States gained little from the war while Iraq was traumatized by it. The war reinvigorated radical Islamist militants in the region, set back women's rights, and weakened an already precarious healthcare system, the report said. Meanwhile, the $212 billion reconstruction effort was largely a failure with most of that money spent on security or lost to waste and fraud.
Former President George W. Bush's administration cited its belief that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's government held weapons of mass destruction to justify the decision to go to war. U.S. and allied forces later found that such stockpiles did not exist.
Steven Bucci, the military assistant to former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said:
"If we had had the foresight to see how long it would last and even if it would have cost half the lives, we would not have gone in," Bucci said.
Thanks a lot to those who supported the War.
Now do you mind paying for it ?
All those who supported serial con artists bush/cheney are paying for it now. They will for years to come. I don't believe in a special tax to pay for rip-offs cheney bush. Why should all of us who knew it was senseless and a deception pay for their thievery. Very stupid wars and republicans are trying to use the generation card as an excuse for our massive deficits. 2 unfunded wars and bush tax cuts are mostly why we are in debt today. Also secondly there needs to be some reform to social security and medicare because after blowing our brains out in the middle east the social security trust fund has been tapped to help cheney/haliburton/bush steal trillions from it. Notice how you never here a republican repent of this huge mistake made by their leaders 2001-2008?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Will Dockery wrote:
And Sarah Palin is still looking sexy to me:
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5126-palin-...
She looks pretty and sexy but would be ugly inside the Whitehouse. Thankfully the American public kept her out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dasher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fred Rosen and Ebony are sued for 5 Million 5 hr Jim Moran 1
Benjamin Crump 9 hr TOM 7
Missing Link to KJ Murder? 17 hr TOM 236
FBI in Valdosta currently for Kendrick Johnson ... 17 hr TOM 8
Valdosta murder victim identified by VPD Aug 22 faketony 2
Ga Buses Aug 22 slester37 1
Debate: Ferguson - Valdosta, GA Aug 21 Charlie 5
•••
•••
•••