Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013

Since: Jun 09

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Does anyone know what happened to this band? Neil and Zeke were two of the brothers and I don't recall the other brother's name.
Old Timer

Boston, GA

#2 Jun 27, 2009
It was Neil,Zeke and Joe.Neil played with Sundown the House band at the Knights of Ga.after The Cumbess Brothers.Haven't heard from any of them in quite awhile.

Since: Jun 09

Monterey, TN

#3 Jun 28, 2009
Thank you,"Old Timer." We never would have found any info if you hadn't given us the correct spelling for Cumbess. About 35 years have passed since we heard they play at King Of The Road, in Valdosta. We were just wondering if they still had a band.
Old Timer

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2009
They were a very good band.Maybe with some encouragement We can get them playing again.What You say.
Guest 1

Monterey, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2009
Old Timer wrote:
They were a very good band.Maybe with some encouragement We can get them playing again.What You say.
Doubt that will ever happen but a nice thought.
Zakk

Valdosta, GA

#6 Jul 5, 2011
Zeke is my dad and is doing great! They are all still in the South Georgia area and all still love music very much. I have asked them to get together and "Jam", but....they laugh.
Observer

Sheldahl, IA

#7 Aug 7, 2011
As an "Old Timer" I remember them from playing Proud Mary at The Inn Place behind Holiday Inn in the late 60's , early 70's. They could really work the CCR tunes.
Pat staley

United States

#8 Sep 22, 2012
Play again we loved your music
John

Savannah, GA

#9 Feb 20, 2013
I saw this band several times at a club in Vidalia Ga. They were a great band wish i could see them again. Did they ever record any music for sale, if so where can it be found?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dasher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 31 min rename 53,376
Kendrick Johnson investigation: Federal grand j... 37 min CHS 3
Fred Rosen and Ebony are sued for 5 Million 5 hr Gator 16
Benjamin Crump 10 hr TOM 9
Rick & Karen Bell sue Ebony Fri Excuse me 2
Missing Link to KJ Murder? Fri amanda 237
FBI in Valdosta currently for Kendrick Johnson ... Fri amanda 12
•••
•••
•••

Dasher Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000