Anybody have any thing to say about Evansville Treatment Center

Posted in the Darmstadt Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
want opinion

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2008
I would like to know if anybody knows anything about the Evansville Treatment Center.
dontknowmuch

AOL

#2 Nov 22, 2008
I have never been to the Evansville Treatment Center. I do have concerns about it - it seems to perpetuate (and even create) addictions. I do not understand why some (many) people would legitimately need to use the Center's "services" for weeks, months, even years. A much better option for real "treatment" of a drug addiction would be the Stepping Stone in Evansville. Best of luck to you.
Honest Truth

Elberfeld, IN

#3 Nov 28, 2008
Because methodone treatment centers get paid or reimbursed according to x-number of "patients" who physically show up to receive the methodone treatments. They deliberately give them high dosage amounts of the methodone in order to keep them hooked on the substance. If they were to reduce the dosage of the methodone the patient would be weaned off the substance and the clinic would see a substantial loss in yearly revenue.
chris

Louisville, OH

#4 Dec 22, 2009
i agree with Honest Truth...

my wife goes there and we have had nothing but problems. in fact im calling corperate in the morning. they do what ever it takes to keep you there. i wasnt sure why until now. she was being weened off of it early this year until we found out she was 2 months pregnant. i did my research and have several emails from doctors stating that at 2 months and given the dose amount that she was on they should have continued to ween her off. at the time she was at 30mg and now that shes 8.5 months she is at 60mg. they told her that the further along she got, the baby would take more from her, there for they raised her dose without her permission. so now she has to take it and they are making her do groups even though she doesnt want to be there.
its a horrible place to get involved with. my advise is if you really have a problem then go there but dont go over board with your dose and as soon as you start, go ahead and start dropping your dose weekly as they let you choose your mg.(which is another messed up thing to do) thats right they take addicts off the street where theres a limited supply and they give them as much as they want for a fixed rate $13.00 a day.
I know enough

Greenville, KY

#6 Dec 30, 2009
I agree some people do go there with the intent to get their fix at a fixed rate and not for the treatment for their addiction. My fiance has been there over 2 and 1/2 years and when he felt like he needed help to get off of the opiates he was taking 15 to 20 pain pills a day. Thats alot of money and he was eating his liver away fast. Methadone being a synthetic medicine is known to ause no damage to your organs. If you are an addict and have been for years and truely want help you cannot start the program and expect to step down as soon as you start and be rehabelated. It didn't take you a day or week to become an addict so why does people think that someone can get clean in a day or week its not possible. All that leaves room for is relapsing. They cannot raise your dose without your consent/premission law. If you r an addict with true intentions of becoming a clean and sober member of society than I recomend the Evansville Treatment Center. I've seen what its capable of. Those with issues and problems have some unseen or unspoken relations to why they have had problems with the treatment center.
t-dawgg5903

Evansville, IN

#7 Jan 23, 2010
The first 2 or 3 comment's are completely the opposite than what I have ever seen.It is the complete fiction they can never just raised your dose only if you request they start you at 30mg from there it's your choice to go up or down then when your ready to drop they might give you there proffesional opinion.I've been there going on 3yr I ve came down no not completely I'm going to take my time so when I do hit oomg I'll never come back that's my plan.By the way I did'nt just go directly to the clinic I went to Stepping Stone just about 4or5month's previously it did not work I had a bad experience on how a couple counseler's tagged me and the way I felt put me downI left on my own and told myself I'd never come back there again so 2 all who see this if your struggling with an opiate addiction that you actually tried to stop and you have no were else to go and you reallywant to better your life than go but don't go up no higher than you truly need GOD BLESS YOU and GOD BLESS ALL ADICT'S WORLD WIDE PEACE OUT 1 LUV
indian

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2010
t-dawgg5903 wrote:
The first 2 or 3 comment's are completely the opposite than what I have ever seen.It is the complete fiction they can never just raised your dose only if you request they start you at 30mg from there it's your choice to go up or down then when your ready to drop they might give you there proffesional opinion.I've been there going on 3yr I ve came down no not completely I'm going to take my time so when I do hit oomg I'll never come back that's my plan.By the way I did'nt just go directly to the clinic I went to Stepping Stone just about 4or5month's previously it did not work I had a bad experience on how a couple counseler's tagged me and the way I felt put me downI left on my own and told myself I'd never come back there again so 2 all who see this if your struggling with an opiate addiction that you actually tried to stop and you have no were else to go and you reallywant to better your life than go but don't go up no higher than you truly need GOD BLESS YOU and GOD BLESS ALL ADICT'S WORLD WIDE PEACE OUT 1 LUV
Trenton...is that you?
u know who

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Feb 27, 2010
the methadone clinic in evansville is a joke
u know who

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Feb 27, 2010
sucks
Peace

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Feb 27, 2010
Would anyone know how I could find Darren Woodruff? He use to go back and forth from TH to Eville and pretty much just stayed in Eville for the last 2 yrs. He was addicted to meth and last I heard was about the fall of 2009 he got arrested.
Can anyone help me locate him?
someone

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jun 30, 2010
i know some one who went to evansville treatment center and he started at 30 mg and just kept increaseing in just a couple months he was at 120 mg i thought they had doctors to keep check on theses things any one in there right mind would know withy that kind on increase that person was just there to get a fix but of course they dont care they just want to keep you there and dosing. some more the less its just a legel dope house and they all need shuting down!!!
Why Me

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 16, 2010
Im a sucessful hard working male (30), i am married with a 14mth old daughter. I began innocently enough with a script from the doctor. Within 3 yrs i have went from 5 pills per day to 25-30 a day. I have already done outpatient treatment with several daily doses of suboxone. I failed the suboxone treatment three seperate times. Each attempt eventually sent me back to abusing narcotics. I was wanting to try inpatient treatment in Cross Point this Monday but I would like to know what others think of my situation. Any advice or cures that you have found sucessful. Not really looking for a doctors opinion but the opinion of anyone who has lived through this nightmare and has found the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you for you time.
noone

Evansville, IN

#14 Oct 17, 2010
The Treatment center has literly saved my life.So It does have It's good points.
JAKE

Spirit Lake, IA

#15 Oct 20, 2010
TO WHY ME:
I was in your same situation, eating anywhere between 20 and 40 pain pills a day, and i had been for YEARS. I went to the clinic in Evansville for 3 years and have to say it probably saved my life. Its not a fast process, I started on 30mg and eventually got to 120mg. But Ive now been clean for 2 and half years(yes, even clean from methadone) Have a wife and two awesome daughters. I reccomend it to anyone who needs the help. thanks ETC
piss poor

Champaign, IL

#16 Nov 17, 2010
everyone has their own opinion so im going to give mine. my ex convinced me that ETC was the best thing since sliced bread. in the beginning it was for the most part. $13/day + gas money versus $100/day was keeping food on the table and the lights on. but when you are dealing with an addict you are dealing with the unknown. they will do anything and everything to get their next fix. a cardinal rule of taking methadone is not to take benzo'z (kolonopin,xanax,ativan). well after they maxed my ex out on his dosage within the first couple months he started to withdrawal more. so when they wouldnt increase his mg's he started taking other pills with the methadone. i was living in a nightmare. wrecking his truck every week, going to jail, losing his job. he ruined his life. i know it was all his fault but the clinic just stood by and watched him do it. he was peeing dirty and they still gave him the methadone. that place is a joke. you are they only one that has control over your addiction. when it comes down to it ANYONE can be stronger than the addiction. you have to fight and have faith in yourself. no one ever said it would be easy...it would just be worth it. but this is my opinion from a personal experience. if anyone has benefited from it then i commend you because i know you didnt get any help from the doctors or counselors, they were just there to collect your money.
ETC saved me

Newburgh, IN

#17 Nov 30, 2010
I have an opinion as well. I have been clean for a while thanks to ETC. Yes it costs daily but it is better than what you were spending if you were a true addict. You have to complete papers to increase your dose, you have to complete groups and counseling and yes you have to control yourself. The MMT is used to keep you from wanting to use any other drug. Everyone starts off on around 30 mg a day. If you feel you need to increase based on what you were taking before you started treatment you have to complete papers, no one just increases your dose. I will say this, if you complete the program the correct way, follow the rules and use only what you feel you need to keep from wanting any other drugs, overcoming addiction is possible. I could not complete in patient treatment I have kids and a job. Like others I had a script from cancer and that was all it took. I did not want this to happen but it did. By the way, if you have a dirty urine while completing treatment you do not keep dosing the same amount. If you would have went in and told them about jail and all the other stuff you husband was doing they would have detoxed him ASAP. I dont believe what people write on here that do not seek treatment. If you follow the program, follow the rules and want to beat this you can. It may take you a year but the addiction did not start over night and it will not stop that way either. You have to be strong and you have to want to quit.
ETC saved me

Newburgh, IN

#18 Nov 30, 2010
Why Me wrote:
Im a sucessful hard working male (30), i am married with a 14mth old daughter. I began innocently enough with a script from the doctor. Within 3 yrs i have went from 5 pills per day to 25-30 a day. I have already done outpatient treatment with several daily doses of suboxone. I failed the suboxone treatment three seperate times. Each attempt eventually sent me back to abusing narcotics. I was wanting to try inpatient treatment in Cross Point this Monday but I would like to know what others think of my situation. Any advice or cures that you have found sucessful. Not really looking for a doctors opinion but the opinion of anyone who has lived through this nightmare and has found the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you for you time.
Remeber that everyone is different, no one can speak for you. Suboxone and Methadone are two different things. Some say they are not but they are. Either way seek help becuase everyone deserves it and you can beat this. I know..
ETC saved me

Newburgh, IN

#19 Nov 30, 2010
someone wrote:
i know some one who went to evansville treatment center and he started at 30 mg and just kept increaseing in just a couple months he was at 120 mg i thought they had doctors to keep check on theses things any one in there right mind would know withy that kind on increase that person was just there to get a fix but of course they dont care they just want to keep you there and dosing. some more the less its just a legel dope house and they all need shuting down!!!
So you feel it should be shut down? Have you sought treatment at ETC? You know someone that went so you are judging a facility that you have not sought treatment at, dont understand requirements, etc? IF YOUR FRIEND FOLLOWED THE RULES AND WAS READY FOR HELP IT WOULD HAVE WORKED ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE AT ETC SEEKING HELP WILL TELL YOU THAT. It may take less than a year, more than a year or years based on usage when you enter and your level of commitment. I will tell you this, it is NOT RIGHT for PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE NOT PATIENTS OR COMPLETED PROGRAMS PATIENT TO SPEAK ANY POINTS ON THIS PLACE. Shutting down a systems that helps so many versus the ones who come for a short time to what run his or her mouth on how it did not work. They did not try. When you are a patient and you are seeking help and completing the programs then you can comment and I will listen. Until then go write a blog on something you actually know.
DREW

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Apr 8, 2011
You seriously have to want to stop, just like you have to want to go and get treatment. Where else can you go to get help? I know that im ready to stop and will be looking into evansville's treatment facilities this monday. I have a very addictive personality but what it does to your friends and family is reversable.
addict

Allenton, WI

#21 Jun 11, 2011
I too go to the ETC. I would like to share my thoughts. First of all...are there people there who are using that place to get a fix? Yes. Is that the clinics fault? No. Like others have said, its based on ur addiction level when u start and most importantly, ur level of commiment. I wasn't that serious about the place when I first started, so it didn't help. I then decided it was time to really try. I go twice a month. I meet with my counselor all the time who wants to know and be updated on all aspects of my life outside of there and then gives me her professional opinon on what direction I should continue. I go to sessions with other people and learn about anything from relapse prevention, medical info, anger management, financial help, and many many other topics that an addict, or quite frankly, anyone could use. I am going to start tapering down soon so I can get off of it and move on with my life. Oh, and did I mention that once I am off the medicine I can continue going there for groups and counseling for free. Yeah, u naysayers...that sounds like a dope den to me. An addict in their prime can get almost any doctor to do their bidding, and so they could also go to the clinic pretending to look for help. Don't blame the clinic for ur boyfriend (girlfriend..husband..daughter ..mother..etc) not getting better, blame the addiction and the persons commiment level. The Evansville treatment center has things about it that could be improved but so does anywhere else in the world, but overall that place saves lives..keeps people out of jail..from commiting suicide...out of doctors offices for the wrong reasons..and many others positive things....it is currently saving my life...the day I started my counselor introduced herself to me and told me " its a brand new day"....and it was. I would have never been able to stay in college and receive my MBA gettin high on the street. Shoot, i couldnt have kept a place to live, let alone school...Oh..and lastly...the person who said something about the more the people who go the more money they get from the government or something. The government doesn't give the ETC a dime. I plan on checking this sometimes so if anyone has any legitimate questions I would love to answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darmstadt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ignore ED DONNA 15 min No name 4
MFallon 22 min Ready to whoop 1
Mark Barnett 25 min needing some info 1
Berry Plastics on 41 26 min BBB 2
Alley cat review 27 min Luther the Fiend 8
leave court dixon alone 1 hr Amanda robb Court... 1
attorneys who combat CPS 1 hr Republican 9
Darmstadt Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web